Clutch Pedal Click Fix Hasn't Worked..

Laffinassassin

Hi all.

I have had the clutch pedal problem in my Mii for a while and finally got the time to take it to the dealer to be looked at. I had no problems like others in having them accept there was something wrong (though the tech that checked it was a bit peeved about checking another one..)

Anyway, having picked it up and being told they had changed the clutch master cylinder:

1, The click hasn't gone at all.

2, If the master cylinder was faulty, wouldn't I have had shift/selection problems? Apart from the very occasional difficulty of selecting first gear when stationary, I haven't had any problems; e.g. crunching.

All I know is that the clicking is driving me crazy. 

Just thought I'd post my experience as I hadn't read that a master cylinder had been changed before? (if they really did change it)

• Like 1

2 noises I know off...you have the click tick from the clutch pedal box , replacement cures this. There is also a clack type noise from the gearbox end when dipping the clutch and they all make that noise although they differ depending on age etc and that you will have to live with this one.

Edited by FLAPPERJACK7

Clicking clutch pedal box would be annoying, no doubt. But how often you pump the pedal really, so that you hear gear box click? I hardly ever release pedal so fast that I could hear gear box click anyway.

Edited by Emil

Swmbo's car has started clicking again and it drives me nuts, constant clicking at the very top of the travel but it feels like the pedal, as I can feel it through the sole of my foot.

It comes and goes on hers but seems to be there all the time lately, so glad I don't have to drive it too often.

Swmbo's car has started clicking again and it drives me nuts, constant clicking at the very top of the travel but it feels like the pedal, as I can feel it through the sole of my foot.

It comes and goes on hers but seems to be there all the time lately, so glad I don't have to drive it too often.

This is exactly what mine is doing except it is doing it 100% of the time now. I don't get why they say they replaced the clutch master cylinder but seem to have completely ignored the problem the car was in for!

A service is due in February so I'll get the service receptionist to experience the problem themselves so there is no further confusion. 

• 1 year later...

I have a 2014 seat mii with gear problems first gear is sometimes impossible to engage! I realized that it happens alot more often in cold weather,anyone else get to that conclusion? I am saying clear from the garage for now since it seams like no one is sure on the solution...

Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks.

My citigo goes in on Thursday for a 2nd time for the pedal click. They tried lubricating it which worked for a day, then it came back. Already mentioned to them about changing the pedal box and given them the skoda reference someone posted on another thread. Report back when I get it back.

My citigo goes in on Thursday for a 2nd time for the pedal click. They tried lubricating it which worked for a day, then it came back. Already mentioned to them about changing the pedal box and given them the skoda reference someone posted on another thread. Report back when I get it back.

Interim report-they have kept the car and are talking about changing the pedal box. Interestingly, they gave me a 65 plate Citigo with 1500 on the clock. I thought the steering felt a bit light-48psi in all 4 tyres, glad it wasn't wet and I had to brake hard. PDI not done properly methinks.

Thanks for the update ! I think i found the reason why first gear wont engage properly for me, I found that as soon as summer starts and the temperature is over 25c outside everything is normal again ! I am guessing that it has something to do with that viscosity of the brake fluid in the clutch.... but vag tell me that there is no such problem .

Pedal box ordered, hopefully in Friday. Changed courtesy car to a Greentech 3 dr with 610 miles on the clock. Guess what, 3 out of 4 tyres at 48psi, the 4th with 22psi and a slow puncture and the TPM light on. They really should do the PDI properly.

Pedal box ordered, hopefully in Friday. Changed courtesy car to a Greentech 3 dr with 610 miles on the clock. Guess what, 3 out of 4 tyres at 48psi, the 4th with 22psi and a slow puncture and the TPM light on. They really should do the PDI properly.

That is pretty poor from a customer confidence perspective. If they don't look after their own cars, why would you trust them with yours?

That is pretty poor from a customer confidence perspective. If they don't look after their own cars, why would you trust them with yours?

I take your point, but their courtesy cars are coming from their main dealership. The dealership who are doing the work are not full Skoda dealers but do have approved workshop status. I think that the service manager who I'm dealing with is not best pleased with being sent vehicles that are not sorted.   

• 2 weeks later...

Parts finally arrived yesterday, only a week late. Told I should get the car back Wednesday. Still got their courtesy car so not bothered really.

• 2 weeks later...

Clutch click gone completely. Pedal and master cylinder changed. Hopefully that is the end of it while I own the car, which could be some time yet.

• 4 weeks later...

My first post as we are the proud owners of a brand new Colour edition :party:

Had it just under 3 weeks and what d'ya know...... we have a clicking clutch pedal!! Booked in at our supplying dealer whose tech suggested it was a switch replacement and an hours job. It sounds like I need to ring them and tell them of your experiences and demand a courtesy car...this may take some time.

Joining a forum is so worthwhile :happy:

• Like 1

As said by the many, it is nothing to do with the master cylinder.

They replace the pedal assembly or at least that was exactly what they did on my wife's car and it hasn't clicked since :)

The click we had could distinctly be felt through you foot just as the pedal got to the top of is travel on releasing the clutch, no matter how fast or slowly you did it.

I suggest you take it back and get the pedal assembly replaced as Skoda have done for us Citigo owners :)

Edited by Defenderben

My first post as we are the proud owners of a brand new Colour edition :party:

Had it just under 3 weeks and what d'ya know...... we have a clicking clutch pedal!! Booked in at our supplying dealer whose tech suggested it was a switch replacement and an hours job. It sounds like I need to ring them and tell them of your experiences and demand a courtesy car...this may take some time.

Joining a forum is so worthwhile :happy:

So recent build cars have the same fault?.