Rear Jet Wash

As its got colder the rear jet wash has stopped working. It my first time with this car in the winter so just have a quick question.

On my old MK4 golf occasionally the jet wash line would pop at a joint over one of the rear columns. However once you know of this problem you can sort it out in 5 mins.

Is there anything like this on the MK2 hatchback? Or is there just ice on / in the jet wash line?

This time of year I make a point of putting in pure non diluted -20 screen wash

I just replaced all my jet heads both fronts and rear so i don’t think its blocked but I will take a look!

Does anyone know if there is a join that pops along the run from the tank to the jet wash? Or does it just pp of the back of the motor?

It's common for it to pop off the motor itself. You need to remove the boot trim to get to it. Fiddly job. Mine was totally rusted up and the motor spindle leaked in to the boot (washer fluid goes through the centre of the spindle), so it was a new complete unit for me.

I'm sure I've seen another thread on here about it popping off somewhere else as well.

There are about 3 joins on my Fabia that will pop off if the screenwash does not contain antifreeze in this weather.

Much cheaper to use a good screenwash than the bother of finding and refitting the leaking pipe and the condensation problems that causes.

Might have popped off near the CD changer - a common problem this time of year. Using OEM screenwash should prevent future occurrences.

Dave

Indeed, 26k 3 years 2 months old no problems whatsoever on vag screenwash. £4 makes 4l in winter, 5 in Summer, excellent cleaning.

Why would you use pound shop cack? :-)

Might have popped off near the CD changer - a common problem this time of year.  Using OEM screenwash should prevent future occurrences.

Dave

Hi

My rear wash jet seems to have packed in.

I don't have a CD Changer on my Octavia. Can anyone put a photo up to direct me to where I should be looking?

Thanks

• Like 1

Before you try all that, flip the cover off the base of the wiper arm, then lever off the spray nozzle.

Clean any gunk which may have accumulated in there and replace. That may save you unnecessarily removing trim.

My rear nozzle blocks regularly through being little used. Rotate outside cover (attached to wiper arm). This gives access to the jet. Gently get hold of jet end and pull out towards you. Try washers. If you get a full flow then the jet was blocked. Clean jets using soft (copper) wire or other methods as per this forum. The jet clicks back into place. Rotate the cover and click into place. If the pipe has dropped off then it gets more complicated and see other threads.

• Like 1

It would appear the Jet was blocked thanks for all your help.

Out of interest does anyone know or have details how to remove the boot trim?

IIRC there is one Torx screw through the trim with the internal boot closing handle then its a case of prising the panel away from the boot carefully with something that doesn't mark the car

Another blocked rear washer here. Tried to prise off the jet cover but it doesn't want to budge, don't want to force it, could someone post (or post a pic ) of how to open the cover, ie does it rotate or open up on itself, tried both so guessing it might need some welly! Thanks in advance.

Another blocked rear washer here. Tried to prise off the jet cover but it doesn't want to budge, don't want to force it, could someone post (or post a pic ) of how to open the cover, ie does it rotate or open up on itself, tried both so guessing it might need some welly! Thanks in advance.

One finger needed. Hook finger under the very end of the cover and click it off the wiper arm. The other end of the cover, i.e. the bit you are not touching, will pivot round the hinge of the wiper arm.