Elsecar Mega Meet 6th April 2015

MACVWNUT

Only six turned up from Briskoda, although every man and his dog  signed up, some really good cars just in the car park, both myself and martin/Dbd400 aka Bill Oddie were a bit disillusioned  as we stayed by our cars most of the day but nobody came to look and when I collared a guy to see you could see he was going through the motions, ie only cars indoors stood a chance. If you have not had a full custom leather interior and brand new wheels on you don't stand a chance unless you have an original Golf Rallye 

That's the VW scene for you, seems to be the same cars winning the same awards at each show, almost a closed shop unless you follow the crowd, DON'T do anything different, will certainly be frowned upon, just my opinion of the 'SCENE'

• Like 3

Inside the old rail building holds about 30 cars, these are usually the ones thats had alot of money thrown at them. Outside probably does only hold about 70 cars which is for the clubs.

I had hopes for this show as i live near but its a bit overpriced, i think last year it was £12 and thats basically to see the cars inside the train shed and the ones outside the train shed, seem to get a better selection in the surrounding car parks.

Last year i had a wonder around the carparks then found out there was a classic and modified show on at wentworth house, which is literally 5 min away from elsecar. £5 to get in and i would say over 200 cars of wide variety.

Dont understand why the megameet doeant ask permission to tag along to wentworth and make one massive show.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1.vrsadz
2.damo
3.blueR36 , 

Not sure if I will enter into show and shine, waste of time last year as they forgot about us, new uprated brakes to show off then though  :clap: 

• Like 2

just to let everyone know that is £10 entry on the gate and all car on stands have to be parked up by 9am due to the gates being locked and with no movement of traffic 9-4 ( venue rules ) 

Inside the old rail building holds about 30 cars, these are usually the ones thats had alot of money thrown at them. Outside probably does only hold about 70 cars which is for the clubs.

I had hopes for this show as i live near but its a bit overpriced, i think last year it was £12 and thats basically to see the cars inside the train shed and the ones outside the train shed, seem to get a better selection in the surrounding car parks.

Last year i had a wonder around the carparks then found out there was a classic and modified show on at wentworth house, which is literally 5 min away from elsecar. £5 to get in and i would say over 200 cars of wide variety.

Dont understand why the megameet doeant ask permission to tag along to wentworth and make one massive show.

Moving or joining another show will never happen while I'm running things

Everyone has their own opinion on how to run shows and I value feed back good or bad so cheers

But I don't think I have done bad for the 15 years I have been running Elsecar

Oh and seen as my Daily car is a 260bhp 4x4 Octavia estate I think I'm into skodas

See you this year

Si ( show organiser )

• Like 1