BRISKODA National Trackday @ Rockingham

ColinD

Maybe worth a phone call to them - Will Thomas is the guy I've dealt with before and he's really helpful. If it's close to the static limit but quiet when on the move hopefully they'll be accommodating. It's not like you're turning up with a TVR Cerbera with no silencers and expecting to be allowed on.

Mines not loud when moving :) but stationary its a noisy diesel lump

My Yellow GT-R with a full Milltek was 93db. :D

Half your noise must be the engine!

Edited by BossFox

I can see some disapproving looks on the faces of other track goers when they arrive and are out numbered by Brisky folk. They be all sneering and muttering under breath when they should be concentrating on the briefing. Then out on track Ohhh those Skoda people are fast !

Yeah close your mouth mate don't you know Skoda manufacture happy track day drivers.

I'll be a back marker, just to make up numbers. :)

You and me both LOL. See who wins Captain Slow out of us. :D

What car will you be taking? I'll be in Mk ii Fabia 1.2 60 donkey power.

Assuming I get the day off of course.

Also, what are people doing for insurance? Can anyone recommend an insurer? And does Briskoda insurance or one of the site sponsors do trackday insurance?

Edited by Outofthi5world

Also, what are people doing for insurance? Can anyone recommend an insurer? And does Briskoda insurance or one of the site sponsors do trackday insurance?

I think most of us won't bother with insurance.

I certainly haven't got it on any of the days I've been on.

• Like 1

I used my daily and only car at Blyton, insured it as it was my first time. And it was under 2 years old.

As your responsible for damage to your own car, however caused, I don't want the risk.

Used http://www.moris.co.uk/ about £95.

If your taking a cheap (ish) track toy may not be worthwhile. Upto you.

Just watched a track day crash compilation - it may not be your fault! You still pay for your own car.

But - Looks fantastic and the BTCC track layout, I loved Blyton and if I can summon the balls then I'm doing this!

• Like 1

Went round it on a bike, the first day it opened. Peeing down with rain and mud from the landscapers all over the track. Made for some interesting moments!

Looking forward to joining the back markers :)

• Like 1

I am defo interested in this one although a bit scared re the fastest track in UK with my crap stock brakes - I am a very late braker :blush:

Still plenty of time to sort the brakes out.

Price is a factor here, especially after how fast four weeks earlier... any news on discounts?

Not sure yet. At present have my two VRS but you never know what is around the corner. ;)

• Like 1

That's fine in itself, but with a wall on the outside edge ;)

Oh, with a wall right next to you it will make you feel like you are travelling at 200mph when your speedo is only at 100mph:). I need to get the brakes sorted pronto then!

Oh, with a wall right next to you it will make you feel like you are travelling at 200mph when your speedo is only at 100mph:). I need to get the brakes sorted pronto then!

I'm thinking April for breaks and full service. Get things beaded in so it's got full contact for the trackday. Am I right? And has anyone had any problems with stock breaks warping or anything? Might think about keeping the old ones as emergency spares if they're any good if that's the case.