BRISKODA National Trackday @ Rockingham

ColinD

• Administrators

Rockingham – Europe’s fastest racing circuit

The international Super Sports circuit will be available for a bookable open pit track day. This is occurring at Rockingham along side our national show and meeting on Sunday June the 21st. This is one venue you must sample!

clear1x1.gif
Take to the track on an open pit-lane track day at Europe's fastest racing circuit. The day takes place on Rockingham's 1.94 mile International Supersports Car Circuit. This configuration provides a challenge for both car and driver. With a mix of long straights, high-speed sweeping bends and low speed technical sections - perfect for the seasoned track day professional or those on their first day. You'll also have the use of Rockingham's world class facilities

The day will run as an open pit lane event, giving you the flexibility to be on track as much as you please throughout the day.

They're are a range of options available for you to utilise on the day including one-to-one tuition to be booked for a set period and helmet hire for those requiring it. Additional drivers and passengers can be registered in advance of the event or paid for on-the-day.

Taster session available, £30, follow the booking form link.

Passengers will be permitted. Additional Drivers also possible.

This track day is being run by Rockingham, it is not run by me or anyone at BRISKODA. We're promoting it in addition to our national meeting, also at Rockingham on this day.

A track noise limit is 98Db static (see discussion). You could also treat yourself and hire a Caterham R300 ;)

LINK TO BOOKING FORM with a discount over full price - http://goo.gl/0XtFa6

Edited by ColinD
Adding in booking link :-)

I would have been paying £160 IIRC for the full day at Combe on the 19th of June, so now I've de-registered interest in that I can commit funds to this instead :yes:

Good call.

Interested to see if they'll do us a group discount.

Edited by BossFox

Won't be able to make the trackday unfortunately as I'm going to a gig in London the night before but might come over a bit later on Sunday for the meet and to watch/passenger on the trackday.

Rockingham is a great track, I've driven the International Super Sports Car circuit twice - once dry and once wet. Rockingham is very slippery in the wet - more so than some other tracks so just bear that in mind if it's wet/damp. They also have a wet grip area which is great fun. The first turn I always take carefully, though it's still 70mph+ in the wet. I had an instructor the first time I went there who really improved my lines particularly into the two hairpins (first one turn in late, second one use all the track on the exit). Something else to bear in mind is that the circuit is anti-clockwise (the opposite to most other UK tracks) so will be harder on the front right tyre.

21st June is definitely 98db limit as per Colin's OP:

https://store.rockingham.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=150621

Looks like all of them are the same limit except an unsilenced one on 12/12/2015.

Maybe 104db was the old limit before the NIMBYs got onto the council...

I'm surprised your car is that loud Damo - I'm sure I heard louder cars than yours at my last Rockingham day.