Individual mode

2.0 150 Elegance estate manual....Sport steering (as too light otherwise) but normal everything else.

The sport throttle map is crap on the 2.0 TDI 150 at least IMHO, the car is punchier and goes better in normal and the throttle is much easier to modulate. In other words I dont think it actually serves to make the car more reponsive to the throttle rather finding the sweet spots on the throttle is much more of a guessing game and makes it harder to drive swiftly as a result.

OT: Yup, I (sweetly) remember my AX GT, on carburetor :) ! That was a responsive throttle!!!

I don't suffer the same issue with my 150, but to each is own, I guess :)

I use:

Steering: Sport (the heavier the better)

Engine: Normal (since I've got a manual the only difference is the throttle response linearity/lag. I can do eco and sport in real time using my right foot)

AirCon: Eco (still works adequately, and if it's saving a bit of fuel then that's good).

I've said this many times before, but in the manual the engine mode is a load of tosh. Sport doesn't actually make the car any faster, and I'm quite capable of burying the pedal in the carpet, so I see no advantage to messing with the throttle response linearity. Eco does add a bit of lag as well as the linearity change, but I can't say that the lag differs much between normal and sport.

I know I could just go and play around, but I'm inside in the warm right now: Does the 'Engine' setting in the individual mode affect the Sound Generator? Might set it up to all sport except the engine if it'll make it a bit quieter at higher revs.

Yes engine setting in individual changes the percentage volume of sound generator. I personally feel normal is gathering best mix of sound and throttle response

• Like 1

I use individual - eberything is set to normal apart from

Steering - Sport

AFS - Sport (to make passengers sea sick)

ACC - Eco - to stop it setting off like a rocket all the time on the motorway then slamming on the brakes when you catch the car in front up

For those with DSG, Sport mode on the gearbox is not the same as Sport mode in the driving profile - all S does on the gearbox is change the gearchange points. It doesn't alter the throttle response or anything else.

Like a few others I have the steering set to sport and everything else to normal.  Coming from a Mk2 vRS to a Mk3 1.4 TSi my wife and I both found the normal steering too light and a little vague.  Sport is a definite improvement particularly in crosswinds

I also use individual, sport steering and afs, normal for engine as mine is a tsi manual and the drone can become annoying in sport mode.

Now theres an idea, can I get a drone as an option and use it to shoot slow drivers, lorries and buses?

Individual: sport for engine, steering and eco for a/c.. but im 99.9999% of the time in sport mode.... tried eco once, wont do that again....

Have you set the climatronic automatic mode to "moderate"?

Which is probably a better way of doing it :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As long as it was working, I did not care too much this was the right way to do it or not :p

As I said I cancelled it anyway.

I promisse. Next spring when I try again, I'll do it the right way :angel:

Edited by JPH0091
  • Like 1

mines in Individual all the time.............................basically "normal" mode apart from steering which was too affected by cross winds..............so that is set to sport

• Like 1

Individual: steering - sport mode, everything else normal.

I like heavier(sort of) steering, feels more stable on road.

+1 I have same set up, prefer slightly meatier steering. Hate the sport mode with diesel DSG, ridiculous how high the refs are held. Just use the sport mode in gearbox instead for quick driving or overtaking etc.

+1 I have same set up, prefer slightly meatier steering. Hate the sport mode with diesel DSG, ridiculous how high the refs are held. Just use the sport mode in gearbox instead for quick driving or overtaking etc.

You can 'teach it' when you want it to change gear by lifting off slightly as if you were about to dip the clutch in a manual, then accelerate again and it changes gear as you lift off. I am convinced (but probably wrong) that it then starts changing gear a little earlier at the peak of the torque curve, rather than the red line.

Or get a Stage 1 remap that widens the torque band :)

Problem is I dont have a car to try it out with. And Im wondering if the mode selection is worth getting. All the small things add up to get quite pricey in the end.

Im gonna order a 1,8 tsi 4x4 dsg now on saturday. And Im still abit unsure about some of the options.

You can 'teach it' when you want it to change gear by lifting off slightly as if you were about to dip the clutch in a manual, then accelerate again and it changes gear as you lift off. 

I do the same with the Geartronic on our Volvo. I've learnt pretty much the perfect timing for getting the most of it.

Nonetheless I think it has a tendency to use way too much revs in relaxed driving conditions. It doesn't take much to have it start changing down, even though the engine would have more than enough torque to spare. That's one of the things I liked about the DSG on the Octavia, on my test drives it seemed to happily stay in gear even in steep inclines...though I had the urge to change before it did so itself, when I started to hear the typical diesel knock, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Edited by kallekilponen

I'm on motorways for my commute and in no rush, going to work I use Eco as it's light but at night I use Individual, settings Engine and Air Con set to Eco, for fuel efficiency, Lights and steering set to Normal so I can use the Dynamic lights.  Will be using sport for driving down country roads and a roads for better overtaking power and more precise steering. 

Steering sport - I like stiffer steering.

Else are normal.

If I need a sport to overtake, then I got the stick for that. If I want to get very percise gear shifts - stick to the right side and use paddles. 3rd gear pull is just amazing.

The only thing I am not confortable with is if I am in full manual mode and hit the red line, the gear still changes up. You see, but if I shift up at the exact moment from the paddle I get 2 gears up... This has happened like 2-3 times over a year or so.

I use steering and afs on sport and everything else on normal.

I can set the engine to sport without the rumble from the sound generator as I've turned it off but I prefer having the full range of throttle control

Edited by V6Jules