2014 (14) Fabia VRS Price Check Please

phil555

Hi all, thinking of selling my VRS and looking for a reasonable price please. Can anyone give me a guide price please?

Spec

2014 (14) Fabia VRS 1.4 TSI (180bhp)

1 owner (me)

10,500 miles

DSG

FSSH (serviced in January at MSB Skoda in Darlington)

Taxed April 15

Gloss Black Roof

Gloss Black Wing Mirrors

Gloss Black Gigaro 17" Alloy Wheels (spare space saver wheel)

Sat Nav System

Climate Control

Air Con

Multi Function Steering Wheel

Bluetooth

iPod Cable (new is case)

Electric Windows (front)

Electric Heated Wing Mirrors

Mods

Miltek Exhaust System with Twin Pipe

Centre Section Delete

H&R 40mm Springs

H&R RARB

Full 4 Wheel Alignment

Team Heko Window Deflectors (all doors)

Mudflaps (all around)

Car is in great condition with 2 minor scratches on the bonnet which I will repair.

post-86778-0-21017900-1423305446_thumb.jpg

Skoda Dealers asking price for similar but standard and with lower mileages are from £11,090 - £14,000

But that is an Asking Price at £11,090, who knows what someone can buy a Green one for.

Just Autotrader ads.

http://autotrader.co.uk

Private will be what you find a buyer willing to pay,

or maybe try some Independent Dealers that might buy off you direct and cut out the Middle man that is WBAC & Auctions.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 2

Autotrader price checker does not get a car sold, just as Parkers of Glass guides does not.

Asking Prices are little use if nobody wants to pay that and the car remains unsold.

You need a buyer with money, and they tend to pay what they want to, not as a Guide shows, other than they know Bottom Book might be safe enough to pay, or what WBAC will give them.

£11K!!!!!! That's a poor depreciation. The car was £20K new less than a year ago.

That s list price tho, you didn't actually pay that I assume?

As above -strip the mods. Advertising it with mods on will absolutely decimate the cars value as most people wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole.

Sell standard and try to recoup some of the money spent on the mods by selling those separately.

GLWS!

• Like 1

to sell any car in the first year is financial suicide, for a start 4k is vat on a 20k car

you might not like whats been said but if you were buying that car off me would you pay more than the going rate and looking around the going rate is a lot less than you paid

if you had tried to sell the car the day after you bought it youd struggle to get 15k so after nearly a year it will lose a heck of a lot and you paid a lot more in the first place than many would so a double wammy for you

you could try the selling dealer, especially if theres a reason you need to sell, like need something cheaper to run, bigger boot etc

• Like 2

I guess it's not what you want to hear but I found this one relatively local to us, from one of our largest dealers, with 50 miles on the clock for £11488 screen price. For a 14 plate someone will snap that up and get a cracking buy.

http://www.arnoldclark.com/used-cars/skoda/fabia/1.4-tsi-vrs-5dr-dsg/2014-(14)/ref/arnece-u-36782/

• Like 1

Thanks all. I paid less than the £20K book price BTW. Crazy how fast cars depreciate really. Might as well keep it for the time being and if/when I sell I will strip the mods off and sell separate. Thanks all for the advice etc.

Phil.

• Like 2

Keith, excellent links, I like more than one of those, like the blue one with black roof for starters.

The last one linked to is actually down another grand on the ad shown, it's the same one I linked to and can be had for £11488 screen price with only 50 miles on clock. Scary really.

• Like 2

Drove my partners vRS last week during a couple of days off.

Still brings a smile to my face,in a different way to the R, much fun for much cheapness and still 3 years warranty to be had.

Recently serviced at 20000,only put in 0.5 ltr from last service as top up .The CTHE is performing well and as Sittingbull outlined recently,it has a nice rasby engine note, compared to her and my old CAVE.

Yep I reckon it was.

I personally think its a colour for the younger driver though. If I brought a metallic green car home then my wife would hurt me whilst I slept

• Like 2