Request - Estate Panno Roof Photos ? (and Feedback)

Be interesting to hear your opinion of the pano roof after the 41 degree C forecast for this coming Saturday?

I didn't get to drive it on Saturday till late afternoon. The sun was low so the roof wasn't really an issue. The new tint made a huge difference, though. If you haven't had yours done, I recommend it.

I did drive it a lot on Sunday. With the shade closed I didn't have any trouble keeping cool. The sun is noticeably stronger with the shade open, but the issue is more glare than heat.

I didn't get to drive it on Saturday till late afternoon. The sun was low so the roof wasn't really an issue. The new tint made a huge difference, though. If you haven't had yours done, I recommend it.

I did drive it a lot on Sunday. With the shade closed I didn't have any trouble keeping cool. The sun is noticeably stronger with the shade open, but the issue is more glare than heat.

Now your just showing off because your in the middle of summer, some of us have been freezing our t*ts off for the last couple of months!

However I have to admit that does look awesome, and if I'd ordered the estate i think the pano roof would have been the options list! (ordered a hatch with a sunroof, so close). 

Now your just showing off because your in the middle of summer, some of us have been freezing our t*ts off for the last couple of months!

However I have to admit that does look awesome, and if I'd ordered the estate i think the pano roof would have been the options list! (ordered a hatch with a sunroof, so close).

I think I've earned it. I lived in northern Minnesota for 30 years, a place that will frequently drop below -30C in the winter, and occasionally exceed -40.

So no real problem in hot weather then.

Being v bald I was always worried about too much sun exposure to get a pano or sun roof.

We have window tint already and you can feel how much it reduces the sun's ferocity compared to the untreated front window.

My only complaint about it is additional tint does have an adverse effect at night. Sometimes have wind down a window to see a house number ( impaired night vision is an age thing)

If there was an option of an all glass roof without the opening hatch, I'd probably have picked it. I just don't see myself ever opening the hatch in an air-conditioned car...so it just adds and unnecessary leak risk and complexity in our winter conditions.

So no real problem in hot weather then.

Being v bald I was always worried about too much sun exposure to get a pano or sun roof.

We have window tint already and you can feel how much it reduces the sun's ferocity compared to the untreated front window.

My only complaint about it is additional tint does have an adverse effect at night. Sometimes have wind down a window to see a house number ( impaired night vision is an age thing)

I can understand concerns over sun exposure. The light really does come on strong with the roof open. And that money would go a long way toward a Columbus, or knock $30 off the monthly.

I did pizza delivery during uni and also remember tinted windows making it difficult to see at night, so it's not just old age. But I also think the daytime comfort and exposure improvements more than make up for it.

Does anyone RainX their sunroof? I'm doing mine when I get it :sun: I hate the look of water smeared all over the windows [emoji107] :rain::dull:

I do all my windows (inc sunroof) after washing the car. Rainx comes in a spray bottle now. Not as good as the traditional wipe on buff off stuff, but doing it every week it two seems decent.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nice even on a grey, wet day! :-)

alhs0h.jpg

Looks nice that panno on a UK day...

Like the colour choice, it would not stay like that for long though with my kiddies !!

Very much recommend these LEDs for the rear courtesy lights with the pano roof. Brighter and nice quality of light. Did mine and really pleased with them - better for the kids reading when its dark outside.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400760004683

Edited by London Les
  • Like 1

After owning the car for about a month now I just wanted to add that ordering the panoroof was no mistake. In fact it's the contrary. It seems to be a constant source of amazement for the little one, and anything that makes him happy, does the same for me. But as predicted I drive it with mostly roof closed and curtain drawn, but maybe it's still the wrong time of year to open it.

Only thing that's weird is that when it's frozen outside (and there was water on the car) the seals creak a bit, then when driving faster you can hear the ice moving to the back and falling off.

• Like 1

I get the odd creak when it's very cold in the morning, but I've been driving home from work this week with the roof open - it's great on a crisp day with the heater and heated seats on.

I've never bothered with the blind other than to check it works.

Thanks for all the photos... Can anyone (when they get chance) or confirm they open like this.

What % split is it? 50/50 ?

gallery_1_1516_256023.jpg

Thank you

Edited by RickTT

Yup - that's how it fully opens - the two glass panels are roughly the same size and one overlaps the other when fully open. There are lots of intermediate (and a tilt) settings too - great design.

• Like 1