Moments of joy in your day today

mender

2 minutes ago, VWD said:

Congrats on 30 years of finding the right person to annoy for life. You are now almost halfway to realising that what annoyed you all those years ago gets ignored and is now no big deal. Unless of course that f Mrs Gaz is like Swimbo , then she'll expect another gold ring or thing  in 20 years. I've got less than a year to find something Gold.

Best value (cheapest option) currently available with a well respected reputation for the 50th anniversary would be a jar of Nescafe GOLD.:happy:

• Like 1

On 18/05/2020 at 22:38, mac11irl said:

given the amount of medical things that my wife has had going on since early feb, she is beyond hyper aware of everything at the minute.

the last 13weeks have been horrendous. rool forward to last weekend (our BH) when she got out of the shower, and her hand ran over a bump on her chest... after much panic, and another week of stress she had an oncology review today - couple of scans and a consultation that only happened so quickly because her sister has had breast cancer twice.

thank you to the universe for the ray of sunshine today that what ever she found is nothing to be worried about.

cartiledge, muscle tissue, whatever it is , the main thing is it isnt anything that starts with C or M.

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Mac- I feel for you as Swimbo has sister who's had breast cancer surgery along with two of Swimbo's neices who've also had same problem. So when we got a letter from surgery after a scan ,we feared the worst. No worries- it was our surgery on a stop smoking campaign. Womans problems- been there, had the T shirt and a long anxious wait outside the ward for her return ,to get th wife I married back home after surgery.

Found this gem on You Tube recently released by the band on 15th May 2020 showcasing their 2008 concert titled "Foo Fighters-Live at Wembley Stadium" with 2 very special guests and a cracking way to spend 113 minutes with the lucky 86,000 fans that were there.:happy:

Today, YouTube suggesting the enchanting Becky Hill sings "You've got the Love" to me  (N.B.: a few F-bombs!):

Yesterday, presenting my 'simplify and make cheaper' idea to the company - after further testing since its last mention here -  and getting an enthusiastic reception. :)

• Like 1

House building has recommenced. We have the exterior ground floor panels up in 2 days and scaffolding going up today. Crain for roof trusses arriving in a week.

I know the frame is the easy bit but it is a relief to see something actually happening.

But I can't be totally please since I'm having to pay a QS to manage the contract and kick the builder in the balls every week to keep him focussed.

• Thanks 1

Finding that a mk1 Fabia hatchback can swallow a kingsize bed (minus mattress) with both front seats and headrests in place, safely. 6ft driver says she's happy with the arrangement.

20200604_180851.jpg

20200604_180900.jpg

• Like 1

nice job wino,

i once put a complete 2 seater leather couch in the back of my mk1 octavia hatch, closed the lid and drove away.

in fact i did it twice, as i had to move 2 of them :D

Edited by mac11irl
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mac11irl said:

nice job wino,

i once put a complete 2 seater leather couch in the back of my mk1 octavia hatch, closed the lid and drove away.

in fact i did it twice, as i had to move 2 of them :D

Two seater...   pah...   i collected our 3 seater in our Octy estate  😉

They guys who brought it out from the shop when i collected it were laughing initially when i said stick it in the boot but the look on thier faces was priceless when it went in and tne boot closed!

Ive also had an upright  fridge freezer in there

Having been used to a few large estates & hatches in my time, I'm amazed at what Furby  hatch can swallow, wrt size, when the rear seats are down. With the rear seats down Swimbo has commented that it's more space than my minivan had in our less social distancing days in our early life 🤨

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, skomaz said:

I've also had an upright  fridge freezer in there

Not upright , I'll bet, as daughter did move a fridge freezer for us to a place son was house sitting , and it went in prone in a Laguna estate.

• Like 1

Call me cheapskate but wife's Birthday today (21 again) cost me the princely sum of £1.50 for her card from ASDA as her planned holiday in Scotland was cancelled due to our hotel being closed (thanks Nicola) so I'm currently £510 better off until SWMBO can think of a reasonable alternative.:cash:

3 minutes ago, VWD said:

Not upright , I'll bet, as daughter did move a fridge freezer for us to a place son was house sitting , and it went in prone in a Laguna estate.

He opened the PANO ROOF.:blush

• Like 1

Seeing my cat playing 'peek a boo, Lol.

20200604_084004.jpg

I'm a dog person really but he is a lovely fella. Rescued him from my ex partner.

X's sister also rescued a Greyhound called Gracie from her years ago.

Sadly both Gracie and my Barney gone now so I just have this fur-ball pictured above, for now.........

........thinking about another dog if situation allows.

Edited by Tilt

i didnt get to sleep until 1am. 

spud jr started doing his "im gettin ready for you to feed me " dance in his bed at about 330.. but, when i checked on him he was still asleep... thankfully, as i keft him a couole of mins and settled down, and i got back into bed, expecting him awake in 5 mins... and drifted back to sleep..

he stayed asleep as did i until just before 8am 😊😊

so with the 5-10mins interuption i got nearly 7hrs sleep, compared to the current norm of about 6 with a 2 hr breach in the middle.

im still tired, but so much less than usual 🙂🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have brakes.

Didn't realise just how bad the old uns had got until I was using the new.

• Like 1

Owned my Citigo for 14 months and only today I discovered it has a USB charging socket at the back of the mobile phone holder :-) Who knew? (Perhaps I should read its manual more thoroughly.) Anyway, no more long leads wandering across the radio from the 12V socket beside the gear stick. Very happy. As the adverts used to say, "Surprising Škoda".

• Like 2