Winter toy VRS SE

Titanium_Man

Remap getting done on Thursday at 0930 then drop the wheels off to Lothian Powdercoaters on Friday.

Then quick wash on Sat and fill all the stonechips on the sides and roof with touch up paint as when the cars getting the paint enhancement next week he will wet sand all the paintef chips and they hopefully will disappear :-)

I put a wee touch of touch up paint into the chip but leave it blob like :-) then the detailer wet sands the area then buffs it back up.

I got it done on my M3 and I couldn't see the chips.

Link to my Detailers extras page and scroll down and u will see the wet sanding description.

http://m.dominiondetailing.co.uk/Options.html

I'm only a daft scaffolder ;-)

Prob nowhere but might try them on the rear door small windows at the bottom corner ????

I will wait til it's back from the detailer and then try one to see if it looks ok or s***

I have my own company really and work directly for an oil refinery measuring, pricing and coordinating their scaffold requirements.

My spare cash goes on my motors :-)

I will be calming down just trying to get things done before the Beemer goes.

Stage 1 remap and EGR delete carried out this morning by Totally Tuning in Falkirk who use Elite Remap software.

A uprated air filter and decat will prob sort the performance out in the future.

Great service and great price from Mark at Totally Tuning.

:D

Ariel seems ok so far but only tried it this morning for a short while.

I've not lacquered over the paint as the detailer will prob have to top some up with more paint first, then he will wet sand then buff it back to normal.

Then he's giving the car a full gtechnic or gyeon sealant which lasts around a year.

Car back from detailers and looking amazing but no pics as the weather has been terrible and it's filthy already.

Wheels were picked up today from the powder coaters and look great. Bought grey bolt covers which match perfect.

Wheels going into get Quartz ceramic coating next week.

Then car goes into bodyshop on 11th April for bonnet respray to get rid off the chips.

Then the next weekend to get the lowered suspension on, then put the wheels on and it should look decent.

89F15EF3-F13F-4D4A-B16D-38D9B5EB5B37_zps

7CE82B40-A2A6-453B-B64D-F8118DE45EE0_zps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The car goes into the bodyshop on Monday to get the stonechipped front end sorted.

Getting the bonnet, both front wings, A pillar and

roof painted.

Then later this year I will get both bumpers painted to remove wee chips and scratches.

When I look at the bonnet I've never seen so many chips I reckon it must have been something else that peppered it ?????? No damage just chips but way too many for normal mileage.

Hopefully after all that paint it will look like new again.

Then it gets lowered after the bodyshop and the wheels on, so it should be sorted in 2 weeks time.

I got the wheels Quartz ceramic coated to protect them, good value at £50 for the set.

Never took pics but got the wife's GTD wheels done as well and they look great.

4E9F0917-C962-4CAE-9627-B3B438369602_zps

C8447BB2-9BF4-4BD2-814B-BB9C463F1DC4_zps