so i hit 40 just had my first baby and bought a roomster

malcster

since the age of 17 i have always had hot hatches 

few years ago i bought our lass a citigo 

any way i am due to hit 40 this year we have just had our first (and last) baby 

today i went and leased a roomster 

received an email from rainworth advertising a 

SE 1.2 tsi special edition 

kind of annoyed as the email i got pictured this skoda-roomster-se-image1.jpg

BRAND NEW ŠKODA Roomster SE
WAS £14,135 NOW £9,995 SAVE £4,140

You can now get your hands on a brand new ŠKODA Roomster SE 1.2 TSI 86PS model for just £9,995 OTR. It comes with some great specification - including:

• • Metallic Paint
    • 15” Alloy Wheels
    • Panoramic Sunroof
    • Acoustic Rear Parking Sensors
    • Sunset Glass
    • Electric Front & Rear windows
    • Spare wheel
    • Air Conditioning
    • Remote Central Locking

but it doesnt come with them wheels or fogs or roof rails 

not sure if i should take it further to The ASA or wait until the car gets here and see if anything else is missing from the spec 

just a quick question though as the dealer had no list as to what came as std or not 

will it have DRL 

will it have tyre pressure monitor 

tbh i was more shocked that they knew nothing about what came as std and what didnt 

i had a scratch round on the net and found some dealers selling the same model listing it  with extras like cruise control and auto dimmng mirror (whic i cant find listed anywhere )

one big gripe i have is that i cant order any options and amazed that it is extra to have the function to to the passenger air bag off 

the citigo had this 

and nearly every car i have had in the last few years has had a way of turning the airbag off 

for a car aimed at families it seemed bizarre its an option 

• Like 1

Eek you've got me all worried as I've just ordered the same model yesterday. Knew the roof rails were extra so paid out for them.

Anyway congratulations on all three counts there.

did they give you a delivery date 

Only ordered it yesterday evening, salesman off today but popped in to the dealer today and they say its been ordered.

Have you heard theres a delay or something?

no i was just curious he reckons withn a few weeks

i got the usual sales man bs saying they have loads of orders for these and sold plenty already but still couldnt tell me what they did and did not come with 

the rails,wheels and fogs im not to fussed about 

but if anything else is missing then trouble will be brewing

did your pay the £99 for 3yrs servicing 

No didn't get offered that servicing deal but think that depends upon leasing and financing deals they have on offer.

Looking forward to it arriving and collecting it. We had originally ordered a used vehicle Roomster Greenline but there was too much we were not comfortable about the dealer and the car. Shame really because running costs should of been cheaper but over all I'm sure a brand new vehicle will be better for us.

I have an early one of these purchased in September 2013. It is a standard SE spec. I did get the dealer to add side rubbing strips and mudflaps and swopped my spare over from the Fabia. Also got three years 3 servicing with the finance deal at the time. I paid the finace straight off, so it ended up costing £8 for the first three services (not sure if you can still do that, but worth checking with VWFS).

If the salesman didn't know the spec, I can't help thinking you are not using the right dealer.

If they are not sure it's a two minute job to find out.

Download the Roomster brochure from the Skoda website, it clearly shows what is (or isn't) included.

I wanted options, which is one of the reasons I ordered a normal Roomster SE rather than under this special deal.  Which I pick up on Monday. :)

By the way, Tyre Pressure Monitoring is clearly shown in the brochure as being included.

If you are not sure about anything phone Skoda customer services.  I have found them very helpful previously.

• Like 2

You guys got me thinking about my Roomster, the picture clearly shows body mouldings so thought I'd better check and sure enough they're extra. Anyhoo ordered them as I want them on.

Still no delivery date but the order has been placed with Germany, can't give me a time scale yet. Looking forward to it just the same.

You guys got me thinking about my Roomster, the picture clearly shows body mouldings so thought I'd better check and sure enough they're extra. Anyhoo ordered them as I want them on.
Still no delivery date but the order has been placed with Germany, can't give me a time scale yet. Looking forward to it just the same.

I wouldn't worry about the body protectors,because of the curve of the door and the height they stick them on at for aesthetic reasons,they don't actually protect anything at all,I wish I hadn't bothered having them retro fitted,complete waste of money IMHO.

Edited by faradaycage

welll this is strange it also shows rails and fogs on the offiicial skoda site aswell 

i sent them an email last night asking for a breakdown of the spec

also did a screen dump for future reference 

http://www.skoda.co.uk/finance/finance-offers/roomster-9995/default

welll this is strange it also shows rails and fogs on the offiicial skoda site aswell 

i sent them an email last night asking for a breakdown of the spec

also did a screen dump for future reference 

http://www.skoda.co.uk/finance/finance-offers/roomster-9995/default

It's an SE spec 1.2tsi as stated.

That's a promotional pic.

As I said yesterday, the brochue is available to download from the Skoda website and it clearly shows what the spec is.

It would be very easy for you to download this.

Unless you are trying to prove a specific point about them using a promotional picture I can't see what you have to gain from this.

You could get all the info you need quickly with one download.

The only thing I am not 100% sure on is the DRLs, because they are usually in the lower bumper where the fog lamps are.

And the SE doesn't seem to get Fog Lamps.

They are EU law, but only on New-Type vehicles and the Roomster is old.  So probably doesn't need to have them.

Although Skoda have added Tyre Pressure monitoring which is also EU law on New-Type vehicles.

• Like 1

These £9995 cars are the run out models and come with all of the above that were listed in the advert above.If you look in the small print, they always say that the picture used is not representative of what is being offered..All manufacturers do this. Nevertheless, its a well speced car for the money, including alloys and metallic paint, has the 86bhp tsi engine to boot for the price of a used car. None of the Roomsters has DRL (had them on a Fabia estate and were well useless)..I`m sure you will be happy with it when it gets here...The order to Germany is that the cars are produced on spec, then railed and parked at Emden awaiting orders. Then shipped over either to Grimsby or Sheerness and delivered from there..All the best with it, a good choice..

Sorry Malcster should have said congrats on the baby at the outset.....my granddaughter loves our Roomster as she gets a better view out of the windows and the roof....yours will be fascinated as well, which does keep them quiet in transit  :x  :sun:

Edited by paully
  • Like 2

It's an SE spec 1.2tsi as stated.

That's a promotional pic.

As I said yesterday, the brochue is available to download from the Skoda website and it clearly shows what the spec is.

It would be very easy for you to download this.

Unless you are trying to prove a specific point about them using a promotional picture I can't see what you have to gain from this.

You could get all the info you need quickly with one download.

The only thing I am not 100% sure on is the DRLs, because they are usually in the lower bumper where the fog lamps are.

And the SE doesn't seem to get Fog Lamps.

They are EU law, but only on New-Type vehicles and the Roomster is old. So probably doesn't need to have them.

Although Skoda have added Tyre Pressure monitoring which is also EU law on New-Type vehicles.

I'm not trying to prove a specific point more just curious as the car pictured is not asterisked saying model shown has optional items

Like the adverts for cars on TV say something like new fabia from £8995

And on the bottom of the screen it usually says something like model shown is SE spec with optional this and that priced at £14000

That's all

Any who I've emailed Skoda customer service and asked for information

• Like 1

These £9995 cars are the run out models and come with all of the above that were listed in the advert above.If you look in the small print, they always say that the picture used is not representative of what is being offered..All manufacturers do this. Nevertheless, its a well speced car for the money, including alloys and metallic paint, has the 86bhp tsi engine to boot for the price of a used car. None of the Roomsters has DRL (had them on a Fabia estate and were well useless)..I`m sure you will be happy with it when it gets here...The order to Germany is that the cars are produced on spec, then railed and parked at Emden awaiting orders. Then shipped over either to Grimsby or Sheerness and delivered from there..All the best with it, a good choice..

Sorry Malcster should have said congrats on the baby at the outset.....my granddaughter loves our Roomster as she gets a better view out of the windows and the roof....yours will be fascinated as well, which does keep them quiet in transit :x :sun:

Thank you looking forward to getting it

Malcster

I`d be tempted to get back on to Rainworth and confirm that it is one of the run out vehicles and that its presently at Emden..In which case it should be about 2 weeks or less for transport to Grimsby..Once its there, the dealers can jack up the delivery people to get it to them post haste...keep on at them..After all you want to get your hands on it..hit the phones  :D  :D

Edited by paully

Im not too fussed about how long it takes really but would be handy to have it before the 21st march as my current insurance runs out then.

As of Wednesday order had been confirmed by Germany, it'll get here when it gets here.

Im not too fussed about how long it takes really but would be handy to have it before the 21st march as my current insurance runs out then.

As of Wednesday order had been confirmed by Germany, it'll get here when it gets here.

If its coming from Emden it should be here before that date in March..What colour have you ordered?......oh by the way, in case anyone was interested, if you want cruise control fitting, it can easily be retro fitted by the dealer..

If its coming from Emden it should be here before that date in March..What colour have you ordered?......oh by the way, in case anyone was interested, if you want cruise control fitting, it can easily be retro fitted by the dealer..

Is it simply adding the switch and programming it ??

That's how it was on vauxhalls

I discussed one of these with my dealer a week or two back. They are "special edition" which simply means they are ready built bog standard 1.2 Tsi 86 SE spec bundled with a steel spare wheel and jack. The fact that are already sitting in a compound means that options cannot be added. They were initially available in Silver or Shark Blue but only Silver are left. The salesmen said Skoda had now added Black metallic to the deal so back to two available colours. He claimed they had four "available", whether this meant they were sitting round the back of one of the group showrooms or sitting at Emden "allocated" to their dealership wasn't clear but he said quick delivery would not be a problem.

If you consider Skoda are promoting a run out old model 3 cylinder 1.2 12v 69ps Fabia SE for £9595 the Roomster SE "special edition" at £9995 with 4 cylinder 1.2Tsi 86ps is a no brainer particularly if the £99 service deal is still available with finance. If there is is a run out SE+ coming for the same price then it would, obviously, be even better value. I have the last SE+ which added roof rails, MDI and climate together with special seat fabric but it was an extra cost full price model demonstrator and frankly the only thing I would miss are the roof rails.

In short, if you need a new car and can live with the Roomster's looks then get your wallet out before it's too late. It won't come with roof rails, side rubbing strips, foglamps, headlamp wash or fancy alloys but still represents mind-blowing value for money

• Like 2