Yorkshire Meet - Saturday 28th March - The Old Post Office @ 1pm

CitigoSport2013

No worries guys maybe next time :)

Today was a fantastic meet and a fantastic turnout for it too :)

Luckily the weather held off just about long enough for us to complete our entire meet including fish and chips although it did start to pour it down haha

The show and shine competition did go ahead and many thanks to Chris and I believe his name was damo although don't hold me to that but he had a very nice audi haha but anyway thank you very much for judging the competition and Chris for also supplying a prize :)

The results were as follows with every car that attended being included in the competition

1st

The unknown mk 1 Green Fabia with a number plate ending in LUO

We had a feeling the second you turned up the rest of us didn't stand much of a chance ;)

Proud winner of a bottle of detailing spray although we couldn't award it to you personally because you were inside eating haha

2nd yours truly :D

3rd Kev

Yeah one of two suggestions for us to try but I'm sure there are plenty more but goldfinger also suggested going to the whetherby whaler in Guiseley

Will post a new thread for the next meet later on with a poll of the 3 locations we have to choose from so far :)

• Like 1

Yeah one of two suggestions for us to try but I'm sure there are plenty more but goldfinger also suggested going to the whetherby whaler in Guiseley

Will post a new thread for the next meet later on with a poll of the 3 locations we have to choose from so far :)

Can it be the one furthest south? :D

Good meet today and yet another adaptation by the good Mr Simbo disabling the number plate bulb check.

On the alternative location topic...... I think this is the third time a South Yorkshire meet has been started at the old post office and each time it either peters out after a couple of times or gets moved further up north away from Sheffield/South Yorkshire.... How about keeping the location or another in the same area and have another Yorkshire meet further North too. There is the East Midlands meet South of Sheffield and Chesterfield so I don't think it would hurt to keep one in this area and have another further up in West Yorkshire or North Yorkshire area.

Just my couple of p's worth.

I agree too

If we alternate months...would that work?

ie .. April at Guiseley (Wetherby Whaler aka..Old Harry Ramsdens)

May at The Old Post Office....etc....etc....

Just a thought

• Like 1

Hi all, well I popped in for a short visit with my new Roomster. We had a quick look around at all your cars. Who was the guy working hard polishing his wheels. We didn't know anyone so jumped back in the car after a look around the cars. Hope the Fish n Chips were nice.

..... And after another look of Simbo's car in the flesh again I've just ordered the wind deflectors for mine. :)

Now when are you going to get those pedals ordered Simbo??? :)

• Like 1

Any chance of a day later lol

now that would be loads better.

When we used to have the Sheffield area uk-polos.net meet here we had it on a Sunday I'm sure.

I would be up for alternative meets, could all drive off to billy bobs afterwards for ice cream afterwards. Nice drive out. Would you guys be up for a fish and chips in the restaurant at guiseley wetherby whaler?

• Like 1

Well first meet I've even been to ever! Lol didn't know anyone but got chatting to a few of you :) some nice cars there too. Sorry I couldnt stay for fish n chips!

And thanks mr Simbo for the VCDS check up! Will monitor that no3 glow plug.

I'll probs turn up to the next meet if I can :)

• Like 1

I'll get the pedals when you get a flappy paddle steering wheel. Haha! :D

I'd love one...... If you can find one for the same £50 as the pedals I'll have it. :D

Only two weekends off in any 3 months . 9/10 May next weekend off and prefer Guisely . An hours drive each way 1 and half today as football / and police incident made it longer and can't do both