230 Bhp Vrs

I stumbled on it trying to answer my own question and found it doing a Google search on Octavia vrs 230 options. Need to make my mind up soon whether or not I am going to order. Bit disappointed there are only 4 colours to choose from... Moon White looks favourite at the moment!

Moon white is very nice - collected my Moon White VRS last week and took a bit of a punt on the colour. Looks great in the flesh (for 10 mins until it gets dirty)

am i the only one that doesn't actually want leather seats? :)

The 19" wheels and leather seats are what would put me off this, i'm happy with the one that is getting sent for order this week. I'm wanting something a bit more comfier and without the really cold/hot shock that the leather ends up with in extreme weather.

I'd be OK with the leather but the 19" wheels are so ugly! The new Superb has 19" wheel options, so much better looking, all much better looking, IMVHO of course.

DC

I have a vRS 220 on order, I originally ignored the thought of the 230 as if I remember rightly when it was briefly on the configurator it was around £28k, and I couldn't really justify the additional cost.

However now seeing the price is just over £26k it is not much dearer than my 220 with the options. The 230 has quite a few of the extra I am paying for on the 220 as standard and therefore the price difference is not so much.

My thoughts now being as my 220 is going to be in the 0% PCP, if the 230 is not much dearer and is available with 0% and dealer contribution, then it won't be much dearer per month. Especially considering part of the finance is based on the GFV of the car which should be more than the 220, so could bring monthly cost down a bit more still.

I popped into the dealer today and put it to him. As per they don't know much about it, seems skoda still haven't communicated much to the dealers. He is going to phone and enquire for me tomorrow.

I am more than happy to have my 220 as I have a good deal and am looking forward to getting it, I am just curious if for not much more money I can get a better value car in the 230. The diff would be a welcome thing as well. I am not bothered either way but thought it worth posing the question to the dealer.

The other thing I found out at the dealers was that my car I have ordered will actually be built next week, so the dealer will need to find out quick if I am going to change.

• Like 1

He'll need to be sure he can either stand the vehicle on the forecourt and guarantee a buyer OR allow you to keep the vRS whilst a 230 is ordered then trade them against each other. Either way the dealer won't want to lose money on it.

Moon white is very nice - collected my Moon White VRS last week and took a bit of a punt on the colour. Looks great in the flesh (for 10 mins until it gets dirty)

I don't like the Meteor Grey do that's off the list. The red is nice but i have memories of the pigmentation fading. Owned a white Peugeot years ago and a nightmare to keep clean. Ran a pearlescent black MG ZT that looked great but was also hellish to keep clean - looked fantastic when it was clean. Like the Moon White contrasting with the black pack and the wheels. Just need to convince the Mrs!

He'll need to be sure he can either stand the vehicle on the forecourt and guarantee a buyer OR allow you to keep the vRS whilst a 230 is ordered then trade them against each other. Either way the dealer won't want to lose money on it.

Yeah I know what you are saying. I would like to know before my car is built in case I want to change it. All depends if it can be done and what deals can be done. Dealer said he will find out tomorrow.

If I can get one/do get one it will be in the red. Paint shouldn't fade with decent cleaning/polish/wax routine. Looks lovely in the pics with the darker headlight backgrounds.

On a side note, in the brochure it mentions the 230 decals but does not show them in the brochure. When I was at the dealers, on his computer system I had the 230 with the decals. They are quite small, not too flashy - just on the rear doors on the rubbing strips or just below.

If I can get one/do get one it will be in the red. Paint shouldn't fade with decent cleaning/polish/wax routine. Looks lovely in the pics with the darker headlight backgrounds.

On a side note, in the brochure it mentions the 230 decals but does not show them in the brochure. When I was at the dealers, on his computer system I had the 230 with the decals. They are quite small, not too flashy - just on the rear doors on the rubbing strips or just below.

couldnt find any pics on t'interweb so i'm guessing this may be just a uk only addition>?

Yeah I know what you are saying. I would like to know before my car is built in case I want to change it. All depends if it can be done and what deals can be done. Dealer said he will find out tomorrow.

Spoke to the dealer yesterday. He said that i can not change my order to the 230 as my car will be built next week. He also still does not know what offers will be available with the car. He doesnt think it will be avaliable on the 0% PCP.

As i said previously it didn't really bother me either way i am very happy that i am getting my lovely 220 vRS,  just wanted to explore the possibility. My Car is being built next week, so hopefully will have it soon. I ordered on 29th July. Feels like i have been waiting an age! :)

• Like 2

http://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/first-drive-review-skoda-octavia-vrs-230-2015/

http://www.completecar.ie/testdrives/article/Skoda/Octavia/Octavia_RS_230/886/5008

I've tweeted (twit? ****? whatever..) skoda uk this morning to ask when the 230 is going to appear on the configurator.

.. and i wonder how they can justify why the 230 costs only another €620 over a regular 220 in Ireland when its so much more for the uk?

Edited by rob_e

http://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/first-drive-review-skoda-octavia-vrs-230-2015/

http://www.completecar.ie/testdrives/article/Skoda/Octavia/Octavia_RS_230/886/5008

I've tweeted (twit? ****? whatever..) skoda uk this morning to ask when the 230 is going to appear on the configurator.

.. and i wonder how they can justify why the 230 costs only another €620 over a regular 220 in Ireland when its so much more for the uk?

I know we don't get the heated front seats and the Amundsen sat nav as standard kit in the irish spec as I had to add the heated seats as an extra.

Yeah, same here, I ordered heated seats as an extra and I'm certain my spec has bolero only.

Have you taken delivery of your 230 yet? I'm still a few weeks away from getting mine. Where did you order from? I'd be interested to know what your time line was as my dealer told me I'll have mine by end of month which seems optimistic compared to the experiences many UK buyers have posted about on here. Wondering if the process is a little quicker in ROI from build to delivery.

I don’t have it yet unfortunately but I’m hoping it’s on the boat currently on its way to cork.

I ordered on the 4th of July, The car was built week 34, So I’m guessing I’m just over two weeks out from collecting it which would put me at the end of the month for collection but I should get an update on Monday. I was told I should have it mid-September when I ordered it and I ordered from MSL  in Dublin.

No decals on my RS230. Look this thread at page 8.

A couple of days ago i was going to post that i thought the pricing on the Focus RS is worryingly close to the 230 vRS (it's like 28k basic list or thereabouts)  But.. having just had a quick check on the Ford configurator, to be somewhere near the vRS 230 spec you'd need to add nav, lux pack and the nice 19's are an option too.. add those and the RS is £31k, so spot on for Golf R money given the size and power similarities and a lot more than a 230 vRS.

TBH for me its just not big enough either, so whilst i would really like 350PS and all wheel traction, its not a viable option as its too much ££ and not enough space.  Same reasons i ruled out a golf R really.

What is noticalbe though when comparing to Skoda;;  the spec and pricing for the Ford was announced just a a few days ago at Frankfurt motor show, and you can already see and spec the car on the Ford site.  Compare that to the 230 vRS; that was at Geneva in MARCH and there is STILL NOTHING ON THE SKODA UK WEB SITE, or the CONFIGURATOR, or Twitter/book, depite Skoda UK having sent a bunch or journo's out to a "launch" at the start of Sept...    WFT skoda.! 

A couple of days ago i was going to post that i thought the pricing on the Focus RS is worryingly close to the 230 vRS (it's like 28k basic list or thereabouts)  

In performance terms I'd suggest that the Focus RS will be a different league compared to the VRS, The nearest fwd competition has surely got to come the Civic Type R and perhaps the Cupra 290 (which, as a performance hatch, offers better value for money compared to the Octy VRS imo) but in truth, the Golf R/S3 has to be firmly in its sights. Skoda always seem to lag behind the competition when it comes to getting dealers info on new models. Its very poor.

• Like 1

In performance terms I'd suggest that the Focus RS will be a different league compared to the VRS, The nearest fwd competition has surely got to come the Civic Type R and perhaps the Cupra 290 (which, as a performance hatch, offers better value for money compared to the Octy VRS imo) but in truth, the Golf R/S3 has to be firmly in its sights. Skoda always seem to lag behind the competition when it comes to getting dealers info on new models. Its very poor.

Totally agree, £28k for 345bhp & 350flbt, 4wd, 5 door hatch is going to make for a very rapid machine and knowing Ford it'll be a hoot to drive. Not only is it bloody cheap compared to say a Golf R, it's also nearly as cheap as a VRS, has VAG lost it's way somehow in terms of pricing?

I would though still take a VRS R (IF ever they made one - very unlikely) with 300ps over the RS any day of the week, largely because of the endless issues I had with all the Ford's I owned and looking at the reliability stats, they haven't got much better. I also much prefer the build quality of the VAG stuff too.

• Like 3