230 Bhp Vrs

Skoda rang again today and have offered to have the bars fitted if I want them and have said there was an error at the factory. But the brochure is for European models that shows the roof rails in all pictures no mention of UK models in it.

They now want an answer about if I want them fitting. Well I'm used to it without now but at least they have admitted its a factory error.

They also said that in about 2 months the factory will releas the smartilink codes to dealers.

• Like 1

Skoda rang again today and have offered to have the bars fitted if I want them and have said there was an error at the factory. But the brochure is for European models that shows the roof rails in all pictures no mention of UK models in it.

They now want an answer about if I want them fitting. Well I'm used to it without now but at least they have admitted its a factory error.

They also said that in about 2 months the factory will releas the smartilink codes to dealers.

What about getting them to give you the bars ( donT fiT them).....just incase you want them down the road.

How are the bars fitted? Do factory orders come with Pre drilled holes? If so does that mean yours had wrong roof fitted.

Pick up my 230 from Telford tomorrow, proper excited.

Black Estate. Tried adding SmartLink when I did the deal, but it wasn't available...hoping this means that it's already activated, if not then hoping a code will be available soon.

• Like 1

ref the estate rails, i got this update for S-UK customer service today:

"I have verified the specification with our Retail and Sales Department, and they have advised the roof rails were added as standard specification after the initial vehicles were built, so the first demo/launch vehicles that the Retailers would have received may have arrived without these. Going forward, any new orders will be built with them as it is a standard fitment"

Black Estate. Tried adding SmartLink when I did the deal, but it wasn't available...hoping this means that it's already activated, if not then hoping a code will be available soon.

I saw your car at Faintree a couple of weeks ago (Alex was trying to convince me to buy), looking really stealthy  :thumbup:.

Photo's once you've collected please. 

Local to Telford?

Codes will be  released to dealer in a couple of months for Smartlink so i have been told by SUK.  WIll cost £150 to activate as its a option at factory build time.  Mine was pre-built for dealer and not activated so am waiting for code

Yeah, just in Trench :-)

You?

The old part of Muxton, just off Muxton lane.

I commented to Alex that I liked it without the roof bars, and combined with the black pack seems to make the car look more sinister  :devil:   :thumbup:.  

Picked her up this afternoon...love it! Nothing like a new car day. The Black is soooo gorgeous in the daylight and soooo stealthy at night time. Questioned the deal with the roof bars and mentioned that if they could sort me out with SmartLink, I would be a happy chappy. Alex is going to look into it for us. Pics to follow once I can get on the laptop.

• Like 1

Picked her up this afternoon...love it! Nothing like a new car day. The Black is soooo gorgeous in the daylight and soooo stealthy at night time. Questioned the deal with the roof bars and mentioned that if they could sort me out with SmartLink, I would be a happy chappy. Alex is going to look into it for us. Pics to follow once I can get on the laptop.

pics?  :)

Saw you, your Mrs and the little one pick up on Wednesday evening. I was in the showroom at the time. 

Lovely car, enjoy it.

Saw you, your Mrs and the little one pick up on Wednesday evening. I was in the showroom at the time. 

Lovely car, enjoy it.

Aha, nice! Loving it so far, not that I have had a look in, Mrs has stolen it today and tomorrow! Might have to buy her a Fabia so she stops taking the keys.

• Like 1

Looks good Jon  :thumbup:.

As for your Mrs STEALING your brand new toy! Well, you'll have to put your foot down and say "NO WOMAN, IT'S MINE"

And if she's anything like my wife if I spoke to her like that, she'll still use the car and you'll end up  :punch:   :D   

• Like 1

Just came across the 230 version last week I thought there were not being delivered until early 2016, no mention of this version on Skoda Sweden yet...  It's certainly rejuvenated my interest on the Octavia RS. I didn't find the 220 sporty enough but the VAQ diff, sportier exhaust and subtle differences of the 230 may well have me changing my mind soon. 

I had test-driven a Leon Cupra a month ago and I was slightly let-down by the interior quality and trim attention. Not saying it's bad but there were spots you could notice that not that much attention to detail had been given and didn't think it was feeling right for the money paid quality-wise (performance was excellent obviously). Strangely, space wasn't too generous either and I mean distances between seats, from/to doors etc.

Now the Octavia I know is generally very well-built so I would be surprised if I looked and found similar flaws, and am almost sure is a tad bigger in every sense (correct me if I'm wrong) so the extras of the 230 version might well do the trick for me. And the 50bhp difference is literally non-existing as both engines are the same and are mapped to ~350bhp merely with a stage 1 so there goes any power deficit.

I think, I'll be following the 230 owners experiences for a while...

Just came across the 230 version last week I thought there were not being delivered until early 2016, no mention of this version on Skoda Sweden yet... It's certainly rejuvenated my interest on the Octavia RS. I didn't find the 220 sporty enough but the VAQ diff, sportier exhaust and subtle differences of the 230 may well have me changing my mind soon.

I had test-driven a Leon Cupra a month ago and I was slightly let-down by the interior quality and trim attention. Not saying it's bad but there were spots you could notice that not that much attention to detail had been given and didn't think it was feeling right for the money paid quality-wise (performance was excellent obviously). Strangely, space wasn't too generous either and I mean distances between seats, from/to doors etc.

Now the Octavia I know is generally very well-built so I would be surprised if I looked and found similar flaws, and am almost sure is a tad bigger in every sense (correct me if I'm wrong) so the extras of the 230 version might well do the trick for me. And the 50bhp difference is literally non-existing as both engines are the same and are mapped to ~350bhp merely with a stage 1 so there goes any power deficit.

I think, I'll be following the 230 owners experiences for a while...

Im afraid the 230 motor varies a reasonable amount from the 265/280/300ps variants of the TSI....the 230 is just a lightly remapped 220.

A stage 1 cupra would make 360/370hp whereas a mapped 220/230 will make circa. 310/315......pretty sure if you go to the trouble of installing a full exhust system, CAI and bigger IC you can see 400ish hp from the higher tune motor.

The 220/230 is supremely tunable but due to the hardware differences id wager it'll alway sit about 50hp behind.

I went with the Cupra.

Octavia has a longer wheelbase by 15cm so the rear leg room is better.

Even the Octavia hatchback has a bigger boot than the Leon ST (estate) by 3L, but that is only up to the parcelshelf of the Octavia and load covering the Leon ST. If your considering an Octavia estate then it has the biggest boot of its class, so wins hands down.

Im afraid the 230 motor varies a reasonable amount from the 265/280/300ps variants of the TSI....the 230 is just a lightly remapped 220.

A stage 1 cupra would make 360/370hp whereas a mapped 220/230 will make circa. 310/315......pretty sure if you go to the trouble of installing a full exhust system, CAI and bigger IC you can see 400ish hp from the higher tune motor.

The 220/230 is supremely tunable but due to the hardware differences id wager it'll alway sit about 50hp behind.

I. Emir be the Octavia is slightly heavier too and due to its suspension setup has a bigger tendency to under steer than the Cupra.

Tunability wise, the if you believ the forums the Cupra 280 doesn't have the claimed 276bhp but much closer to 300. The latest person to get a remap on SeatCupra.net started with 295bhp before the remap on a stock car.