Who's on target with their PCP mileage?

I am on an 18K a year PCP and 1 year 5 months in: 23,600miles covered so about 17K a year. I do a fair amount of business miles a month. I agree with Random' just enjoy.

10 months in and I've already exceeded the 42 month total by 3000 miles already. Will be on 70k miles at end of 5000 mile p.a pcp.

Hehehe, let us know how that works out for you. Are you planning on buying the car at the end?

I should be 'bang on' at 19,860 on its 1st birthday (60k 3yr deal). Thankfully the 4x4s normally hold their value a little better, but I specced for selling on as much as for me. The only bugger was that I pushed the boat out a bit to make it a bit more Elegancey on the basis you couldn't get a 4x4 Elegance when I ordered, thinking that anyone wanting Elegance-like kit with 4x4 would be drawn to my car as you can't get it any other way. Then they brought out the 4x4 with Elegance spec 3 weeks before mine was delivered.........

Still, provided I can roll my £3.5k deposit into the next one and keep the payments the same then the overall cost is the same as running a Scout into the ground over 6 years!

Hehehe, let us know how that works out for you. Are you planning on buying the car at the end?

Yes,I intend to keep it at the end of pcp term. Wanted low monthly payments for 1st couple of years so went for lowest annual mileage of 5000 miles pa.

Evening all

Had my Octy coming up for a year now its on a 3 year PCP and 0% finance, I put the limit at 10k and have just reached 10.5k this week. I've done a number of long trips to Duxford and around the Lake District this year so I'm not too worried about the 30k limit as I should be well under when the time comes to get a new one. I will be putting the car in part exchange for a new one when the time comes, can't see me driving anything else than a Skoda now :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mark

Evening all

Had my Octy coming up for a year now its on a 3 year PCP and 0% finance, I put the limit at 10k and have just reached 10.5k this week. I've done a number of long trips to Duxford and around the Lake District this year so I'm not too worried about the 30k limit as I should be well under when the time comes to get a new one. I will be putting the car in part exchange for a new one when the time comes, can't see me driving anything else than a Skoda now :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mark

How do you find the 1.2 ? I was originally going to get one but in the end went for a diesel due to doing 20k miles a year.

Think I'm running a bit under on mine just now, it was set around 10000 PA when I got the car in October 2013, just turned 12000 miles recently, so still got a bit of slack mileage wise. It would probably make more sense to buy the car and run it a bit longer than the 3.5 years for the PCP, as the car is only really run in properly now. Oh well, still got another 2 years to think it all through anyway!

• 2 weeks later...

How do you find the 1.2 ? I was originally going to get one but in the end went for a diesel due to doing 20k miles a year.

Evening Classic

I like the 1.2, it's a punchy little engine that doesn't struggle at all with the size of the car unless the car is fully loaded  :S . I get around 47 mpg around town and high 50's on a steady run, it's not a Vrs but it does what I need and as it's my first ever Skoda I'm very pleased with it.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to find this side of ownership interesting.

I get my 1.4 TSi DSG on Wednesday (and bring on the jokes about the date) on a 3.5 yr PCP at 10k a year. I reckon I'll be marginal and will have to monitor my monthly figure to make sure I don't go too far out of kilter.

Still, 7.2p a mile over the limit shouldn't be a killer if I'm sensible. Thinking I'll trade in or just return at the end of it.

Mine will be One tomorrow :party:. It has done 8.2K miles out of it's 10K allocation, and around 150 of those miles have been taking it backwards and forwards to the Dealer to have things fixed. I envy all of you people with reliable new cars.

I've done around 9k in 16 months, went for 10k a year leaving room for large mileage vacations. 

Mind you car has been off the road for 3 months of those 16!