Recently Cleaned Thread

Coops

Looking great there Karl - top job mate!

I'm sure your Dad is well chuffed with that :thumbup:

He's not seen it yet but I'm sure he will be haha. Comes up awesome for a white car. Quite rewarding to do, especially the state it was in lol!

• Like 1

He's not seen it yet but I'm sure he will be haha. Comes up awesome for a white car. Quite rewarding to do, especially the state it was in lol!

It does come up really well..... and should do given the prep and waxes applied.

What QD did you top it with? Our homebrew or a branded product?

It does come up really well..... and should do given the prep and waxes applied.

What QD did you top it with? Our homebrew or a branded product?

The winter protection I did on it is really holding up! The dirt just fell off.

The QD1 mix is what I used. It's faultless and works exceptionally well on white!

• Like 1

Give it a good clean today as it was minging, Traffic film remover, snow foamed, sonax shampoed , and a coat of powermaxed gingerbread 2469190C-180D-4E89-B1C2-7B70842D0976.jpg022393C3-0B62-4B05-AD30-4AB12E8DBE50.jpg

6F872A09-555C-4F15-962D-E30F94D71228.jpg

Awesome Alan!! Looking amazing, as usual!

• Like 2

Managed to get my dad's pride & joy gleaming today.

The vRS is wearing a coat of BH double speed & Autoperfection Evolve. So a QD topper was all that was needed today. Sonax BSD on wheels, trims & tyres dressed with EZ Slick.

20170104_153258_zpswzqzrup1.jpg

Lovely Karl. What a finish on white!! Difficult to achieve! The wax is doing its job by the looks of it. Would expect nothing less!!

• Like 1

Lovely Karl. What a finish on white!! Difficult to achieve! The wax is doing its job by the looks of it. Would expect nothing less!!

Cheers Neil. Very satisfying getting results on white. Dad is quite a stickler for perfection on his cars haha!

Still can't quite believe there is only 8000 miles on it!

• Like 1

Managed to get my dad's pride & joy gleaming today.

The vRS is wearing a coat of BH double speed & Autoperfection Evolve. So a QD topper was all that was needed today. Sonax BSD on wheels, trims & tyres dressed with EZ Slick.

20170104_153258_zpswzqzrup1.jpg

Crisp finish Karl with great reflection, cracking result. I do love the BH DSW.

The .:R36 has been a bit neglected recently...... so Karl and i tackled it yesterday!

Many thanks for your help on the day buddy.... good to catch up with a beer too :thumbup:

Before...

15941225_447004115423341_168896219124451

After...

15873091_447004478756638_499421966904220

Very nice chaps! Looks like you both had a fun day!

• Like 2

The .:R36 has been a bit neglected recently...... so Karl and i tackled it yesterday!

Many thanks for your help on the day buddy.... good to catch up with a beer too :thumbup:

Before...

15941225_447004115423341_168896219124451

After...

15873091_447004478756638_499421966904220

Very welcome mate! Do love cleaning this car! Always comes up lovely!

• Like 1

Very welcome mate! Do love cleaning this car! Always comes up lovely!

Very nice chaps! Looks like you both had a fun day!

Thanks for the comments guys!

It was a good day - tested out the new CG grit guards, a new foam lance and new wheel brush too :thumbup:

• Like 1

It was a good day - tested out the new CG grit guards, a new foam lance and new wheel brush too :thumbup:

Thoughts on the Grit Guards Ste?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, samuir1974 said:

I dont think i've ever really seen this car dirty..... Karl's Dads vRS given a quick detail....

16143072_453790211411398_708064569644665

Mint!  Such crisp, clear lines with a great glossy finish!

Glass cleaned on the Golf yesterday and it was the turn of High Definition Detail (HDD) Hydrology glass sealant to be put through its paces.  The glass was fully prepped in the cold of the garage before the product applied as directed.

Given the cold temperature I left the product to haze for a few extra minutes prior to buffing off.  The product was easy to remove with only a couple of very slightly stubborn spots, likely to be caused by overlapping the product. A slightly damp MF cloth soon resolved these areas.

The product was left overnight prior to testing today and the links show the results of just one coat on the windscreen.  Apologies for the camera work whilst on the move - no, not me whilst driving (!), my young daughter in charge of the camera!

The only downside was obvious wiper judder but on using the intermittent function today this resolved fairly quickly leaving awesome glass clarity.

Great sample product from CYR, just see how we go with durability.:thumbup:

I think the results speak for themselves but I should point out that larger droplets on the screen were starting to clear at speeds as low as 25mph, pretty impressive!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPuyNOJF0EU/?taken-by=auto_brilliance_detailing

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP0f-oiFRtk/?taken-by=auto_brilliance_detailing

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP0gS3EFSJl/?taken-by=auto_brilliance_detailing

Edited by Chubbs
  • Like 2

On Mon Jan 09 2017 at 08:17, samuir1974 said:

What's the new wheel brush? Been looking out for one for a while now but can't quite decide what I want :biggrin: Using Dooka wheel mitt at the moment, it's good but I could do with it being slightly bigger without being wash mitt size. 

• Like 1

Before and after (400 miles since last wash) the after photo was JUST snowfoamed (Bilt Hamber) and the car was physically untouched, which impressed me how clean it came up, I could have just rinsed it off and walked away but it got a 2BM wash as well after. 

IMG_2438.JPG

IMG_2442.JPG

Edited by Gizmo68
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Gizmo68 said:

Before and after (400 miles since last wash) the after photo was JUST snowfoamed (Bilt Hamber) and the car was physically untouched, which impressed me how clean it came up, I could have just rinsed it off and walked away but it got a 2BM wash as well after. 

IMG_2438.JPG

IMG_2442.JPG

Major advantage of a ceramic coating!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, andyb_sv said:

What's the new wheel brush? Been looking out for one for a while now but can't quite decide what I want :biggrin: Using Dooka wheel mitt at the moment, it's good but I could do with it being slightly bigger without being wash mitt size. 

Hi Andy.... on the wheel brush; i do highly recomment the EZ wheel brush - but at £20.... thats expensive.

So i opted for the cheaper AutoRae-chem version. Link below.

So far so good - fropped a few bristles first wash but has calmed down.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371134907430?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT