Another Fabia vRS SE dreamer?

Just ventured onto the Facebook page and noticed a Mk1 Fabia vRS SE for sale, quoting the following figures......

"Currently it's 278bhp 413ft-lbs which is built to run 351bhp"

"I wouldn't recommend anyone with very little driving experience purchasing this car as its not a toy, it goes off the clock at 150mph and does 0-60 in around 4.8 seconds, I'm after some serious interest and no idiots who can only dream"

Yeah, right

Is that the lad who bought it with the claim that it was the 'fastest Vrs in the country' ? The one with meth injection and everything else that could possibly be spent on it?

0-60 in around 4.8 seconds, from a fwd 7 year old diesel... Okay then.

JRJG

It's not impossible. 250bhp is almost routine for heavily tuned PD130's these days. It may have components on it that are rated to 350bhp eg. The turbo, clutch etc. which would let him make that claim about it being built for 350bhp.

The bit about going off the clock is OTT though, unless it's got a long gearbox as well. Which is also not impossible. If he could turn 5000rpm on the original '03 gearbox then theoretically he'd be in the 200mph club.

On the long ratio box I thought the limit was around 165.3 though? A little bit shy of the 200mph club if so. He can claim what he likes what it actually does in real terms in proven situations however could mean something completely different however.

The advert itself brings it's own attention to it, possibly one of the reasons to write it so, either way it's each to their own.

Please don't tarnish all us SE owners with the same brush, some of us do actually live in the real world lol.

I wouldn't dream of it, Jamie

It's only a small minority

• Like 1

I hall challenge him in my 1.6tdi Porsche killer :devil:

Granted, I may have to crash into the Porsche to kill it but its a killer non the less :p

Hahahaha! I liked that ;)

JRJG

• Like 1

Is that the lad who bought it with the claim that it was the 'fastest Vrs in the country' ? The one with meth injection and everything else that could possibly be spent on it?

0-60 in around 4.8 seconds, from a fwd 7 year old diesel... Okay then.

JRJG

It was the one which shortly after purchase had a blowout and had to be recovered on a trailer, then it mysteriously got hit by a tractor, then it developed some pretty serious mechanical defects and was off the road for some time, then it was repaired but something else went shortly after

But it apparently has bills for £12k worth of bits

• Like 2

It was the one which shortly after purchase had a blowout and had to be recovered on a trailer, then it mysteriously got hit by a tractor, then it developed some pretty serious mechanical defects and was off the road for some time, then it was repaired but something else went shortly after

But it apparently has bills for £12k worth of bits

I bet it has....all repair bills from being a muppet and a **** driver...lol

It's not impossible. 250bhp is almost routine for heavily tuned PD130's these days. It may have components on it that are rated to 350bhp eg. The turbo, clutch etc. which would let him make that claim about it being built for 350bhp.

The bit about going off the clock is OTT though, unless it's got a long gearbox as well. Which is also not impossible. If he could turn 5000rpm on the original '03 gearbox then theoretically he'd be in the 200mph club.

if the clock stops at 150 then I don't see why it shouldn't go off the clock, I've seen just over 140 on GPS with less power in my Ibiza which was about 144 on the clock

if the clock stops at 150 then I don't see why it shouldn't go off the clock, I've seen just over 140 on GPS with less power in my Ibiza which was about 144 on the clock

The speedo is horribly inaccurate at anything over 130mph (well, mine is). It reads 145 at 134mph (satellite).

So if he could turn the top gear hard enough it is theoretically possible to go over 150. Whether you actually could or not is another question entirely.

Disappointed now.

Vbox'd my VRS SE which was making 255bhp with a diff and Toyo 888s and I could only get the 0-60mph time down to 5.6 seconds...

Wonder what mine is :D

Anyway, irrelevant as it's neither a vRS or an SE. :D  Although perhaps an SE with a limited edition run of ONE.

On the long ratio box I thought the limit was around 165.3 though? A little bit shy of the 200mph club if so. He can claim what he likes what it actually does in real terms in proven situations however could mean something completely different however.

The advert itself brings it's own attention to it, possibly one of the reasons to write it so, either way it's each to their own.

If memory serves, the long gearbox was geared to 38mph/1000 rpm so 2000rpm was almost 80mph in top. On that basis, if you had enough torque to turn the gearbox at 5000rpm you would be doing 200mph.

If memory serves, the long gearbox was geared to 38mph/1000 rpm so 2000rpm was almost 80mph in top. On that basis, if you had enough torque to turn the gearbox at 5000rpm you would be doing 200mph.

I've been looking at the longer ratio, firstly due to my box being rebuilt, and the fact that I miss the box from my old Seat Sport 03 which had the long ratio. But based on the TDI club, not saying they were 100% correct, but quite a few know a ****e load more than me. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=3370638&postcount=26

This tails off, the excel sheet, at 4500rpm however all things being the same, increment percentage then the next jump on the FSM/FJW would be 183.5? Based off increments of 18.3 and 18.4 each in 6th?

But in dispute to the formula used I remember having my Ibiza in 6th at around the 78mph (speedo) at just under 2k revs, whilst the sheet states 73.4. But this could be down to actual speed and indicated speed difference one would assume? If the figures are correct.

1800rpm @ 70mph (tested - satnav verified)

3600rpm @ 140mph (not tested - need to keep fifth for power)

5400rpm @ 210mph (in my dreams)

On this basis with my rev limiter at 5200 I should be able to do close to 200mph.  I know it won't happen though. :D

I've been looking at the longer ratio, firstly due to my box being rebuilt, and the fact that I miss the box from my old Seat Sport 03 which had the long ratio. But based on the TDI club, not saying they were 100% correct, but quite a few know a ****e load more than me. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=3370638&postcount=26

This tails off, the excel sheet, at 4500rpm however all things being the same, increment percentage then the next jump on the FSM/FJW would be 183.5? Based off increments of 18.3 and 18.4 each in 6th?

But in dispute to the formula used I remember having my Ibiza in 6th at around the 78mph (speedo) at just under 2k revs, whilst the sheet states 73.4. But this could be down to actual speed and indicated speed difference one would assume? If the figures are correct.

Sorry to hijack this thread... New to fabias. Don't all Vrs's do that then?

Sorry to hijack this thread... New to fabias. Don't all Vrs's do that then?

If you check your service book, provided you have it still, then you will see a three letter gearbox code. If you go to the above link you can see whether it is long ratio or short ratio. The short ratio are generally considered but town drivers, long as cruisers (fuel economy) and drag strip burner. (Less requirement to change gear and lose speed in so doing so).