two weeks to go

cal377

Hi all,

New here so thought id say hi first, Got my citigo elegance 5 door ASG coming in 2 weeks and wondered if you guys have any tips etc things that need doing right away. Have toi have the ASG as im disabled and can no longer use a clutch very well, so this will take some getting used too.

Hi,

I'm 2-3 weeks behind you I think, I've an ASG due mid/late April.   If this is your first auto then the ASG is probably a good stepping stone,  I don't think they have creep than most auto's have (and for some reason a lot of first time auto drivers don't seem to like, although I think i'll miss this on the Skoda.),

Thanks,

Only autos iv driven is in trucks but more used to 16 speed ZFs. As I said, cant use a clutch too well now, so an auto was the best option for me. Will change the headlights as I like 2 main things, good breaks and good lights :)

• Like 1

Welcome [emoji4]

Change the headlight bulbs straight away [emoji6]

Interesting; I've not changed the headlight bulbs and have no problem seeing in the dark. Maybe I've just eaten more carrots than you?

• Like 1

Hi all,

New here so thought id say hi first, Got my citigo elegance 5 door ASG coming in 2 weeks and wondered if you guys have any tips etc things that need doing right away. Have toi have the ASG as im disabled and can no longer use a clutch very well, so this will take some getting used too.

Welcome to the forum. Not much really needs done to the Citigo, but one of the first things I did was upgrade the lights. I replaced the Daytime Running Lights with MTEC bulbs, which have lasted perfectly for over a year now, and 15,700 miles!

There's lots of bulbs out there for the Citigo's main headlights, but they blow quickly. The Halfords 'Xenon Look' +110% extra brightness bulbs are really great, and in buy one get one free. And it saves you doing that annoying motorist thing of sticking stupid blue HID's in your car that will get your pulled by the police! :D

Other than that, you're pretty set. 

• Like 1

Hi all,

Hi Cal,

I have a 13 plate white SE ASG that is coming up to two years old and 19000 trouble free miles and its replacement on order. Another SE ASG this time in red expected late April. When driving the ASG I think it is best to imagine it as a manual that changes gear for you, more semi than full auto. It does take a while to get used to but I enjoy it. My last car was an auto MG ZTT, the Citigo is much more economical and lots more fun.

Depends on what you are used to with the headlights. Compared to my (now gone) Octavia then yes they are not overly great. But compared to my last small car then yes they are very good.

I think the most important thing to do straight away is to enjoy it! Personally I cannot stand the ASG it's a horrible gearbox! top tip for smooth(er) changes is to let of the power just before it shifts, it will improve the change.

Enjoy!!!!