Hankook

J306TD

Has anyone experience of Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 2 K120?

I'm not interested in other tyres just the above.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

:think:............................................................................................. :no:                                  

Yes, I've had them very tyres and tbh, the day to replace them couldn't come soon enough.

Noisy, poor wet and dry grip and pretty much lacking in all departments compared to my previous goodyear as2's or subsequent uniroyal rainsport 3's.

I'd seriously consider something else.

SWMBO had them fitted today. So far so good. Really quiet and she seems happy. Will have to see what they are like in the rain

Sent from my Galaxy S5

• Like 2

Not much help, mine are sitting in the living room, fitment should be fairly soon as my 453's are on there last legs. Initial impressions despite getting XL fitment sidewalls feel a little flimsy, shall see how they go once fitted.

Has anyone experience of Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 2 K120?

I'm not interested in other tyres just the above.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

I have these exact tyres on my seat toledo 1.8 20 valve turbo (180 bhp) and they are very good in the wet and dry.

Not much help, mine are sitting in the living room, fitment should be fairly soon as my 453's are on there last legs. Initial impressions despite getting XL fitment sidewalls feel a little flimsy, shall see how they go once fitted.

I think that's the main thing with Hankook is that the sidewalls are a bit squishy. Tend to be a nice drive though and return decent mpg. I've been running ventus primes and need 2 fronts soon so may get the EVO to run while the rears go. Not sure I'll get Hankook again but that's more through wanting to try something different rather than being disappointed.

I ran 3 sets of original Evos on my Octavia estate and was pleased with them. When the PS3s needed replacing on the Superb I looked at the Evo2, PS3s and F1A2. Went with the F1A2 for only a few £s more and I think it is vastly better than the Evos I used to run.

I'm a bit late to this party but I had a set of the V12 Evos on my Mk1 Octavia.  I wasn't too impressed with them to be honest as they had quite a squidgy sidewall that flexed too much for my liking.  They also let go too early for spirited driving and I felt like I couldn't trust them as I could the previous Dunlops.  The car was Stage 1 remapped to about 210bhp and I got the feeling that this was too much for them, especially under braking.

Having said that, under normal day to day driving they were fine.  Unremarkable but fine.  For what I paid for them I was satisfied though and didn't expect too much for the price.  The flip side of this though is that I am very impressed with the Rainsport 3s I have on the Vectra and they are coping very well with the 280+bhp.

• Like 1

I'm a bit late to this party but I had a set of the V12 Evos on my Mk1 Octavia.  I wasn't too impressed with them to be honest as they had quite a squidgy sidewall that flexed too much for my liking.  They also let go too early for spirited driving and I felt like I couldn't trust them as I could the previous Dunlops.  The car was Stage 1 remapped to about 210bhp and I got the feeling that this was too much for them, especially under braking.

Having said that, under normal day to day driving they were fine.  Unremarkable but fine.  For what I paid for them I was satisfied though and didn't expect too much for the price.  The flip side of this though is that I am very impressed with the Rainsport 3s I have on the Vectra and they are coping very well with the 280+bhp.

Pretty much sums up my experience of them too. 

Those Rainsport 3's are a great value tyre, aren't they?

Pretty much sums up my experience of them too. 

Those Rainsport 3's are a great value tyre, aren't they?

They certainly have surpassed what I expected of them and I've given them quite a bit of stick from time to time.  I know the clue is in the name but coming out of wet roundabouts under full throttle, they are very good at putting the power onto the road.  In the dry too, they are very capable, amazing considering their cost.

£95.08 per corner if you're running 205/40/17 :(

The joys on non standard sized tyres! If it makes you feel any worse the 225/40/18 are £94 each (bit of a steal as I paid £107 last year)