"Have you tried a Yeti?"

So I pulled up at the lights on a main road in Leeds, a silver Yeti pulls up at the side of me. He winds down the windows shouts "i can beat you .....have you tried a Yeti?" then booted it!

Now I was gob smacked, he was off and just kept hold of it on a left hand bend...all I could do was laugh!!!

What a nutter.

• Like 1

So I pulled up at the lights on a main road in Leeds, a silver Yeti pulls up at the side of me. He winds down the windows shouts "i can beat you .....have you tried a Yeti?" then booted it!

Now I was gob smacked, he was off and just kept hold of it on a left hand bend...all I could do was laugh!!!

What a nutter.

Totally, however Yeti Man on here will be along in a minute with his billion plus BHP yeti, ok 300bhp+, still with the upgrades that no doubts has, I think that would beat most cars on here and the planet for that matter  :D  :D  :D

• Like 2

With the 4WD even a standard Yeti can make a fairly sharp getaway :)

I'll admit to an occasional tendency to floor it at the lights on the Leeds ring road, as there are not many places round here you can get up to 70 from a standing start**

** though that's never done in competition with anyone - the only road race I recall doing was over 30 years ago, where I lost to a mini!

• Like 3

I drive a VW t5 van, it's a 140ps 4motion (and full of stuff) so not the fastest..... But I a wet road it beats loads of stuff off of the lights....

Had a 4x4 yeti for a couple of months whilst waiting for our octy and that was the same engine and running gear as the van.... And was really quick (it's amazing what shedding 1.5 tonnes does to the performance :-/ )

Think the octy (also 4x4) feels about the same, but does feel a bit more grown up (think the extra height in the yeti, gives it a greater sense of speed as it wobbles about a bit more) the octy is a 150ps so imagine it'll be similar :-/

Edit: the interweb says the octy is a second quicker, for what it's worth

Edited by johnthesparky

Off the line 4x4 wins for sure.  My 170 Elegance was quicker to 60 and 1/4 mile than my MK 2 VRS.... 

https://youtu.be/6DZBfRsYDVU?list=FL3agps4l-PtcQVjK0-vVRSA

I hope the MK3 gets some grip from somewhere this year at GTI  :D

Was your Yeti stock or tweaked? That looked to be a good time.

I drive a 158 at work, 600 BHP each engine and I can spin the wheels on a slippy rail from a standing start. luckly I have a sand button to obtain grip

Now stopping, that's a different story

Doesn't it come with a 'leaves' button then?

Was your Yeti stock or tweaked? That looked to be a good time.

Mine was completely standard.  I was surprised with the time too but it's trump card is the launch, after 60mph you feel how un-aerodynamic it is!

I think this guy just planted it. Which would have been fun....if I was 20. Though to be honest I remember a lot of things were fun when I was 20 !

• Like 2

Have you checked out the yeti forum to see if there's a thread titled "I smoked a vrs"...lol

No..though I hope such a plank wouldnt be on such a place full of intellegent people.

I drive a VW t5 van, it's a 140ps 4motion (and full of stuff) so not the fastest..... But I a wet road it beats loads of stuff off of the lights....

Had a 4x4 yeti for a couple of months whilst waiting for our octy and that was the same engine and running gear as the van.... And was really quick (it's amazing what shedding 1.5 tonnes does to the performance :-/ )

Think the octy (also 4x4) feels about the same, but does feel a bit more grown up (think the extra height in the yeti, gives it a greater sense of speed as it wobbles about a bit more) the octy is a 150ps so imagine it'll be similar :-/

Edit: the interweb says the octy is a second quicker, for what it's worth

I drive the Scout at work, full of gear but its nippy. Its certainly fast enough for emergency driving for sure, only ever lost it when I hit standing water on the near side at about 85. I also a rear blowout at around 100 on the M1 and it did not miss a beat.

No, best method is stick it in Emergancy brake, nip the cheeks of your @rse together, close your eyes, pray and hope for the best

If you get a door on the platform, you've landed

love it.

What a nutter.

That's not a 'normal' Yeti owner attitude. But then I'm not a 'normal' Yeti owner and I don't have that attitude! Best thing about the Yeti is its sleeper looks. I don't like to go shouting about what it can do. Not verbally anyway. ;)

• Like 1

That's not a 'normal' Yeti owner attitude. But then I'm not a 'normal' Yeti owner and I don't have that attitude! Best thing about the Yeti is its sleeper looks. I don't like to go shouting about what it can do. Not verbally anyway. ;)

At least where I live a "normal" Yeti driver seems to be an elderly person (or couple), who bought it because they can't get out of a normal height car...so that's definitely not normal Yeti driver behavior. :D

• Like 1

Maybe it was the son of the elderly couple who borrowed the car and was surprised that his parents bought a not so slow car and it just went to his head :D

At least where I live a "normal" Yeti driver seems to be an elderly person (or couple), who bought it because they can't get out of a normal height car...so that's definitely not normal Yeti driver behavior. :D

Exactly the same as around these parts, in the majority anyway.

Hasn't BossFox got a rather quicker than standard yeti too?  I hope it wasn't you either!

Still, sounds like no harm done on this occasion, let's hope he learns to contain his exuberance on public roads but continues to enjoy the car when appropriate.

What a nutter.

Chapeltown by any chance ? :D:x

This behaviour is what happens when you use your Zimmer frame to actuate the accelerator pedal......

• Like 1