Octavia VRS diesel estate ordered!

Hi all,

I'm Adam from Kent

I'm glad I've stumbled across this site.  Looks like there's a wealth of information on here!!  I currently drive a Focus ST and was heavily involved in their owners club.

I've just ordered a manual Octavia VRS diesel Estate.

I've gone for:

Candy white

Red cloth stitching

Anthracite Gemini Alloys

Columbus Sat Nav

Heated Front Seats

Black design pack

Folding door mirrors.

I've purchased through a broker and managed to get the above spec for £21,800 which I think is a good deal!  They say it could take 12-14 weeks to be built, going to be an agonising wait!! 

I hope the power is ok, coming from a re-mapped ST.  I think I might re-map the Octavia once it's run in so any tips would be useful!

Look forward to chatting to you all

Adam :D

• Like 1

Welcome to the site buddy. You have specced well.

It is a long wait, I went for a ghost order and got mine in about 4 weeks.

Welcome to the club mate, I like this forum, theres no slagging off and not many keyboard warriors.

Hey,

Thanks John, for deleting the duplicates!  I'm not quite sure what happened!

I'm glad there's not too much slagging off on here, I never understand that.  We are all car enthusiasts at the end of the day!

Adam

• Like 1

Hi mate, 

That was the other car I was seriously considering.  I just plumped for the Skoda in the end as I thought the interior looks nicer and fancied a change.  I hope I've made the right decision!

Nice one, welcome aboard!

My guess is the Octy will be down on oomph compared to a remapped ST but I'm sure those fine chaps at DTUK would be happy to help you out if you miss that 'urgency'

Even remapped I think it will be lacking compared to the ST

Cracking deal op , I'm sure you will love it

I know it's not going to be as rapid but I'm looking forward to the extra MPG, I currently only average 23 MPG!!

Is DTUK the best place for a re-map?

Nice amount of torque though especially after the newer ST. Dunno about remaps after a Fabia vrs I'm more focussed on preserving the warranty

Said hello elsewhere Adam  :p  but that is a cracking deal.

i think you should do better than 23mpg somehow - mines an auto tdi with 10k miles, and got to admit to some red mist / giving it some real heavy grief today for about 40 miles and it gave me over 37mpg still but go easy on the right foot and you can see 50mpg or more

Forgive me for beeing ignorant, but why choose a Vrs diesel over a 4x4 with the same engine and sport suspension?

Ive never been in a Vrs, so I have no idea what the real World difference is.

Which 4x4 do you mean?

He probably means this one.

<-

A second quicker from 0-60 mph than the vRS TDI.

And to answer Gromle: My guess is looks, variable steering and bigger brakes. Those are the only advantages I can think of.