Simpsons PCH Deal

Afternoon all - I've not been around for a while but may be returning to the Skoda fold, having just seen this offer at Simpsons Skoda which ends tomorrow....

http://www.simpsonsskoda.co.uk/new-car-offers/octavia-vrs-pch/

I'm happy that PCH would suit my circumstances, and the PCP on my current Merc C220 C Class Estate ends on 30th June so it should tie in nicely with a quoted 12 week delivery on this.

I may add DSG and increase the mileage, but what are your thought on the base deal?  I can probably live without leather now the kids are older (and in theory less messy) and I believe Sat Nav may get specified automatically. Any other options I should seriously consider?

Your comments would be welcome - I've only just seen this and need to make a decision tonight!  

PS Apologies if this is posted elsewhere - I did do a quick search first!

I've gone for the deal Andy, signed up last Sunday for an Estate in racing Blue. I didn't add any optional extra because I was unaware that it was possible.

The only extra I would of added was the sunset glass.

I was told its possible and as a rule of thumb each £100 of extra adds £4 per month to the price

Also got one on order (through a different dealer).

Resisted adding any options as (IMO) it horrendously affects the value of the deal... 

I was told its possible and as a rule of thumb each £100 of extra adds £4 per month to the price

You pay the full retail price of the option spread over the term (so yes, £100 adds just over £4 per month, but don't let the low monthly cost distract you from the total cost).

When looking at leases, its always best to consider the total cost over the term as its easy to get hooked on the monthly payment whilst forgetting about how they multiply up, and things like downpayments, admin fees, etc.

Apart from in certain situations where extras may be offered to you as part of a deal, there is no consideration of the effect any options you buy have on the resale value of the car. 

Sink £1000 into leather, etc., and you get 2 years to enjoy it before the lease company rub their hands together because you've made their car worth more at no expense to them.

This is a different to the cost of the lease itself, which is somewhat determined by the residual value of the car at the end of the lease - you're paying for the depreciation during your use of it, not the total cost of the car.

Think of it like a landlord asking you to pay for a new bathroom - you have no issue paying rent, and a new bathroom would be nice, but are you really going to pay for it!?

Edited by mr1
  • Like 1

I wonder if you get the spare wheel and pay for it throughout the period of the lease then would you technically own it and be able to sell it on when the car goes back?

If you add it as part of the lease deal, it's leased and you never own it regardless of the cost.

The only way to own it would be to buy it seperately to the lease, more expensive but you could transfer to your next car(s) :)

If you add it as part of the lease deal, it's leased and you never own it regardless of the cost.

The only way to own it would be to buy it seperately to the lease, more expensive but you could transfer to your next car(s) :)

Yeah I thought as much, we have managed without a spare wheel for the past 5 years so think I will risk it.

What I can't live without though is the sunset glass so I have made enquiries and may be able to add it for £8 a month extra. At least I will be able to

sit in the back of the car unnoticed waiting for the AA when the tyre repair kit doesn't work.  :D  

• Like 1

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Id keep it option free as much as poss (understand going DSG if you want an auto though); I personally would also get the spare wheel as i've benefited from having it once with my current car.

Nav ought to be standard now unless they intend on supplying you a car from stock....probably be a factory order though.

canton is a consideration as the standard system isnt fabulous...but then im not sure it'd be worth the £10-15/month additional cost.

I've also gone for this deal.  The DSG variant is about £229 per month and I added the Simply Clever pack and maintenance which took it up to £235 per month on a 6+23.  The dealer hadn't done one of these before; they were trying to get me to buy a stock Elegance 1.6TDI on a PCP deal, until I showed them the Simpsons offer.  The business manager was shocked how cheap it was.

With hindsight I would've added the spare wheel too, but I'm quite likely to buy some winter wheels (depending on price and what the standard tyres are), so if I do I'll see how much space one of those takes in the boot.  If it isn't too obtrusive I may live without the space saver or buy one on ebay - they seem to be about £150 there.

Looking forward to June or whenever it is I get it; no doubt I'll just have missed the model year change and some sort of upgrade, but at that price, I'll live with it!

Edited by sirdeadalot

I enquired with Simpsons Skoda regarding this deal, however I couldnt be bothered to go down to Preston to take it out (i'm lazy like that!) 

So I went to my local Skoda dealer and enquired if they could match it.  

I'm waiting on a Race Blue VRS with DSG box, no options but it has nav as standard for some reason.  I'm putting down £1500 as per the simpsons deal and its costing me £223 per month but they're doing it for 3 years as opposed to 2 years on the Simpsons deal, which suits me better.  

Found out today my build week is 17 and the car shouldbe withe dealer all being well by week 21.  I can't wait!!

This will be my first Skoda as i'm currently in a 2004 Volvo S60 D5 which has served me well over the years but its time to move on.  My first time leasing too, i'm a bit nervous as I'm going to be getting rid of a perfectly good car which costs me nothing but fuel, tax and insurance and is mine to something that I wont own...I think i'll be a little emoional when I say goodbye to my Volvo......Sure i'll get over it mind ;)

I enquired with Simpsons Skoda regarding this deal, however I couldnt be bothered to go down to Preston to take it out (i'm lazy like that!) 

I'm waiting on a Race Blue VRS with DSG box, no options but it has nav as standard for some reason.  I'm putting down £1500 as per the simpsons deal and its costing me £223 per month but they're doing it for 3 years as opposed to 2 years on the Simpsons deal, which suits me better.  

Found out today my build week is 17 and the car shouldbe withe dealer all being well by week 21.  I can't wait!!

This will be my first Skoda as i'm currently in a 2004 Volvo S60 D5 which has served me well over the years but its time to move on.  My first time leasing too, i'm a bit nervous as I'm going to be getting rid of a perfectly good car which costs me nothing but fuel, tax and insurance and is mine to something that I wont own...I think i'll be a little emoional when I say goodbye to my Volvo......Sure i'll get over it mind ;)

That sounds like a good deal and if I had the option for the third year I would probably of taken it .

I am coming back to Skoda after a 7 year hiatus and am looking forward to it after 4 different cars in the meantime, I am sure you won't regret it.

You look like a man after my own heart with a GSD as you Avatar.

I did the same. Since this is, or was, a vwfs deal any dealer can do it. However, many either won't really be aware of it, and certainly won't want to do it. The dealer only makes a £100 agency fee (plus your servicing business and whatever guff they can fleece you with when you pick up the car), so it is in their interests to push you down another finance route.

FYI you didn't have to actually visit Preston to secure the deal.

I am up in york and when I went to the local skoda dealer here they said that they were not doing this offer and it was only available at simpsons skoda (Preston or Colne branches).

I actually secured the deal and paid deposit over the phone. (Although I was in the area a few days before so did pop down to the Preston branch to test drive it).

They said that if I wanted they would get it transported directly to york (no mention of charge) if I preferred when it arrived. So in theory you could have done this offer completely over the phone without visiting Preston/Colne.

I just bought my Vrs from Simpsons, Craig the manager at the Colne branch was great to deal with. Ask for him if you ring. He offered me much more for my car than my local dealers.

I am in Northumberland and drove to the Colne branch, took about 2hrs 20 mins so not a bad trip out.

The prices and finance rates are meant to be set by Skoda, I put down £1000 (balance left off part ex) and the payment is £240 x 35. This was a car in white with sat nav, black pack, sunset glass and spare wheel.

A couple of quotes above seem cheap with having race blue and dsg, maybe it is the higher deposit as you are not borrowing as much.

I found the pch to be a no brainer, about £9 k over three years. On a pcp it is a fortune up front, which you always never get back then much higher payments. You then only usually get £1k towards another car, how many actually pay the massive lump sum to buy it.

Even if you bought the car outright, you would blow near 50% over three years so paying £9k works out cheap.

Edited by Iang27

Yes, it is the pch deal, over 3 years. It was around £10 a month more over 2 years.

They said the £199 a month was for a bog standard car with a £1500 deposit, any extras bumped the price up.

I paid £1000 deposit ( What he allowed me over on mine after paying my previous car off ) so that was £500 less straight away. I think the Black pack was £150, Sunset Glass £200 and spare wheel £100, so another £450. I think that is all mine has !

That would mean that I was 'borrowing' £950 more than a standard car which must have put the price up. At around £4.80 ( With vat ) per extra £100 borrowed I think that would work out around the £240 a month mark which is what I am paying.

Edited by Iang27

Nice one ! I wasn't told that 3 years was an option on mine.

Is yours for the standard 8000 miles ? I had to bump mine up to 16,000 per year due to work. Which put the price up to £254 straight away. By the time I'd added all the spec I wanted it was over £300 p/m. Whoops. Seems if I went a bit easier on kitting it out I could have got an extra year out of it for the same price. Lessing for me for next time :)

Yes, 8000 miles.

I got a few quotes for different deposits. With 3 months deposit, around £785 the payment was £262 or something.

At £199 a month it is one hell of a car for that. My wife pays £150 for an 1.2 Ibiza on a pcp !

On a Pcp on an Octavia it is £260 a month for a standard car and that is with a £7000 deposit !

• Like 1

Nice one ! I wasn't told that 3 years was an option on mine.

Is yours for the standard 8000 miles ? I had to bump mine up to 16,000 per year due to work. Which put the price up to £254 straight away. By the time I'd added all the spec I wanted it was over £300 p/m. Whoops. Seems if I went a bit easier on kitting it out I could have got an extra year out of it for the same price. Lesson for me for next time :)