Leaders Debate

gadgetman

Parties should be prevented from magicing up new policies that aren't in their manifesto.

Every day each of them has a new policy they've devised overnight

Even the ones in their manifestos will be dismissed after the election

• Like 3

If you want to be Leader of the United Kingdom and have the finger on the Nuclear Button,

you should go on live TV to be questioned fixed to a Lie Detector & having been administered with a Truth Drug.

Actually anyone standing for election to Parliament should be put on Lie Detectors.

& those that are serving now and standing again should be questioned on any previous dishonesty that they have been part of 

covering up.

Lots of Rats Jumping Ship now before it all comes out in the wash over past UK Government Members of Parliament.

• Like 1

And they should be made to stand by their pledges to be held accountable for their actions and their promises, otherwise imo they are trying to defraud the public.

I wonder how different the run up to election would be if they knew that what they say they have to do? My bet bet is we'll finally be able to witness them shutting the **** up and getting proper jobs.

• Like 1

Human psychology is a marvelous thing. People are generally optimistic, they like believe thing will be better and they will believe and follow people who will promise them that. Nobody will vote on party promising massive hardship, hard work, difficult times and the need to for the wealthy to share more burden - they need votes and donations and they will promise everything they think will provide that.

In other words a massive bovine excrement peddling fest galore on all TV channels and in every newspaper.

I thought I was vaguely original in what I wanted the government to do, how wrong was I!

" It is a national evil that any class of her Majesty's subjects schould receive less than a living wage in return for their utmost excretions. Where you have what we call sweated trades, you have no organisation, no parity of bargaining, the good employer is undercut by the bad and the bad by the worst; the worker, whose whole livelihood depends upon the industry, is undersold by the worker who only takes up the trade as a second string... where these conditions prevail you have not a condition of progress, but a condition of progressive degeneration. "

Guess who said that and when???

Winston Churchill in 1908 in the Commons...

"Next, Churchill was the progenitor of unemployment insurance - the precursor of the dole. It was a contributory scheme, whereby the worker put in 2.5p a week, the employer put 2.5p a week and the taxpayer put in 3p a week. It meant that that if you were unemployed, or you fell ill, and provided you have made your contribution - then you were entitled to a payment..."

Look what they'd done with this now, what a perverse parody...

Together with David Lloyd George:

"The People's Budget of David Lloyd George was one of the decisive events of modern British history. It was a naked attempt at redistribution of wealth. It was an attack on the dukes and the very landed class from which Churchill emerged, Lloyd George wanted to pay for the various Liberal social protection schemes by whacking up taxes on the very rich, and above all by taxing land (!!!!!!!!!! - 70% on land banks and within 3 years there will be more houses on the market than people wanting to buy them!). He wanted a 20 per cent tax on the gain in value when land was sold"

So instead of the nation's wealth being based on the completely artificially inflated property prices due to illegal speculation by a chosen few we could have had a proper economy based on top end technology and manufacturing as well as first class services.

It is possible, probably you heard about this chap:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11537095/Best-boss-in-America-CEO-raises-firms-minimum-wage-to-70k-after-reading-study-on-happiness.html

EDIT:

Quotes from "The Churchill Factor" by Boris Johnson, highlights by me

Edited by Jabozuma
  • Like 1

And this is what JFK said before he was murdered.

For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence–on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day.

It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations. Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed. – John F. Kennedy

https://youtu.be/DS2FSfRZZIs

The Kennedy's dont bear close scrutiny mind a secret society of their own and JFK himself had more than a few secrets kept that meant that he stayed in office !

Churchill doesnt bear scrutiny either for that matter

The Kennedy's dont bear close scrutiny mind a secret society of their own and JFK himself had more than a few secrets kept that meant that he stayed in office !

Churchill doesnt bear scrutiny either for that matter

Absolutely as do the Bushes. Makes you wonder how such individuals manage to get themselves into positions of power after all we are told from a young age that only the cream of the crop will become Prime minister. Maybe just like Saddam , they are beneficial until they become a little to big for their boots.

And they should be made to stand by their pledges to be held accountable for their actions and their promises, otherwise imo they are trying to defraud the public.

I wonder how different the run up to election would be if they knew that what they say they have to do? My bet bet is we'll finally be able to witness them shutting the **** up and getting proper jobs.

Cameron made a pledge during the last election in 2010 about making MPs accountable and giving voters the right to recall their MP.

Funny how it all went quiet once he had the keys to No. 10

• Like 1

Cameron made a pledge during the last election in 2010 about making MPs accountable and giving voters the right to recall their MP.

Funny how it all went quiet once he had the keys to No. 10

Yes, and about MPs having second jobs.

• Like 1

Somebody once said very cleverly that vast majority of voters vote based on election promises and not on facts or previous track record of performance.

Take it as you like :)

That is why the Tories are making loads of unfunded spending promises that they won't be able to keep, nobody will remember it in 5 years time.

That is why the Tories are making loads of unfunded spending promises that they won't be able to keep, nobody will remember it in 5 years time.

So are the other parties both Labour and the Greens have major policies that will require increases in income tax but are claiming they can find the money elsewhere

Regarding landlords (me being one) Labour says it wants to introduce minimum lease terms circa 3yrs..WTF??..............so that's a short assured tenancy (6month) out the window then! Oh very clever..........

The Greens have said that landlords make "enormous profits".............not me & not the people I know..................however some of the biggest landlords (church of England) etc do make loads of profit....

Oh & the Tories want to extend the current scheme (in 5 areas at the moment) that landlords have to do background checks on tenants passports, visa etc...........I'm sorry but I have do idea the difference between a fake & true passport or visa, work permit...............

Isn't that the job of the border agency?...............

Idiots the lot of them!!!!!

Don't forget labour is talking about England only, property law is devolved so that's all down to next year's election not this year.

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Interesting that the sun each side of the border has pledged a different allegiance

nothing new there, they've been doing it for years, whatever it takes to sell papers