Am I missing something, Rapids appear to be dearer than Spacebacks

Spacebacks are not as spacious or good looking, and are probably bought by a younger demographic with less disposable income.

Looking at the market it looks like there a a lot of fleet disposal Spacebacks out there, but Rapids are more of a private owner vehicle.

However, on Autotrader today. 2014 Spaceback SE £9000 2014 Rapid SE £9300 so there is very little difference.

As it happens, 2013 Rapid SE start at £7690.

Edited by camelspyyder

Spacebacks are used by a couple of car rental firms in the UK like Thrifty, who will be dumping them in volume into the second hand market on a regular basis. Also, the Spaceback will appeal to a younger audience, the same that would look to a Focus, Astra or indeed the Audi A3.

The Rapid has a bigger boot than the Spaceback and is longer. It's saloon-like profile appeals to an older owner, one who will also likely hold on to the car for longer.

• Like 1

I remember when this was all fields etc

I'll be 40 in August - still feel about 20 though

I bought mine for the big boot to get all of our camping stuff in without having to resort to an estate car

• Like 1

Noticed this with my dealer too. The Spacebacks are more cheaper now. I reckon they can't shift them. Some have been around for over 7 months [emoji15]

They're also knocking £3K off pre reg new Fabias now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While the Spaceback is selling well in Left Hand Drive markets, I get the feeling it's not selling in the UK (not helped by Skoda's awful marketing campaign for it). There will be a fair few pre-reg Fabia II models being discounted to clear to make way for the Fabia III, haven't seen any significant discounting of the III yet, the vibe I'm getting is that it is selling well (thanks in part to getting a good marketing push & that meaningless car of the year award).

That said, if I were buying now, I would buy a Fabia III Combi 1.2 TSI.

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

Spacebacks are used by a couple of car rental firms in the UK like Thrifty, who will be dumping them in volume into the second hand market on a regular basis. Also, the Spaceback will appeal to a younger audience, the same that would look to a Focus, Astra or indeed the Audi A3.

The Rapid has a bigger boot than the Spaceback and is longer. It's saloon-like profile appeals to an older owner, one who will also likely hold on to the car for longer.

You've just described me to a tee with that last sentence Chris!

• Like 2

I was at my local skoda dealer yesterday (they're not particularly known for good offers - intact they normally charge a lot more than you can get else where and the offer a ridiculous price for your px) but I have to say when I saw the fabia III I thought I was looking at a polo ;)

Blimey - that's a payday and a half.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

How is it in the summer? Has the aircon got enough cooling power?

Dunno only had it a month so not warm enough yet it's sun protection glass and you have the blinds if needs be

When I was looking at the options the dealer was trying to lean me towards a spaceback.    Decided I'd only have one if I could have the high spec sports model and the glass roof.   Ummed and Aarrred for a bit then went to have another look at SEAT and immediately realised the Toledo was better looking and more spacious so went for that instead.

• Like 3

When I was looking at the options the dealer was trying to lean me towards a spaceback.    Decided I'd only have one if I could have the high spec sports model and the glass roof.   Ummed and Aarrred for a bit then went to have another look at SEAT and immediately realised the Toledo was better looking and more spacious so went for that instead.

Toledois good value but for me personally having to deal with croyde motors again ruled a Toledo out