Octavia build dates for new orders

I placed an order for a 2.0TDi style combi with a lot of extras the last week of October. I had initially been given a wk51 build date, so delivery mid Jan, I've just been on to the dealer for an update. It's now expected to be built in wk5 with delivery last week of Feb or 1st week of March. That's 17-18 weeks from order.

Gutted that it's going to take this long.

Hi.

Ordered a 1.8 TSI 4x4 DSG Style Combi, on november 30th. Week 1 was estimated build date.

Dealer called yesterday, build date is now confirmed to be january 4th. Expected delivery is end of january/begining of february.

Edited by Fastlane

Got a call from the dealer yesterday to say my one has arrived in early. Ordered on 27th of October. Went for sneak preview this morning and am glad I opted for the Metal Grey!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Got a call from the dealer yesterday to say my one has arrived in early. Ordered on 27th of October. Went for sneak preview this morning and am glad I opted for the Metal Grey!

Is metal grey the same as quartz metallic?

Was this a new build or one from the system? This is a week before I ordered mine which isn't due till the end of Feb.

• Like 1

Ordered mine the following day but it won't be here until the end of Feb, start of Mar at last update.

Just ordered a diesel meteor grey vrs estate with dsg. Went a bit trigger happy with the options too so it's pretty well loaded! Am told the expect it mid to late March

Now i just need to avoid clicking on the depreciation thread...

I ordered my tsi hatch on the 8th November.

Haven't been given a specific build week yet, but my dealer has said that they are still expecting it to arrive last week of January. 

How long does it usually take to arrive at the dealers after it's been built? Trying to work it backwards so that I can see when it needs to be built. 

Roughly two weeks from build to dealer. However can be affected/longer if its arrival in Emden means it has to wait for the next car ferry to the UK.

They come into the UK via one of three ports, Sheerness, Grimsby, Tyneside. Which one it is is dependent on where your dealer is

Ordered an Octavia vRS Estate (4x4) on the 1st December and was given a 12 week delivery quote. Told a week later that it is being built during the first 2 weeks of January for a late Feb delivery. I've asked them to hold it till March 1st so it is registered as a 16 plate.

Had some extras put on (KESSY, Front and Rear oak sensors, Heated Washer and Black Design Plus Pack) and managed to get £4530) off the list price so fairly happy.

Will update when I hear anything.

2 days to go!!

Here's the history. vRS hatch tsi ordered 29th September, built week 49 (3rd Dec according to the Skoda Manual Android app), arrived at Emden on 10th Dec, finally shipped to UK (Sheerness) on 19th Dec, got a call from the dealer on Christmas Eve saying it had arrived with them. Due to the Christmas closure pre delivery work won't take place until 29th Dec, collection scheduled for New years Eve.

So as long as I can collect as promised it will be 13 weeks 2 days.

Spec ordered

vRS hatch tsi 220 manual

Black Magic

Options:

Sunset glass

space saver spare

Smartlink

Canton

Double sided boot floor

folding auto-dim mirrors

It's been a long old wait, but time is nearly up and to say I'm excited is an understatment. The Mrs is really getting p!$$3d off with me banging on about my new car  :notme:

• Like 1

2 days to go!!

Here's the history. vRS hatch tsi ordered 29th September, built week 49 (3rd Dec according to the Skoda Manual Android app), arrived at Emden on 10th Dec, finally shipped to UK (Sheerness) on 19th Dec, got a call from the dealer on Christmas Eve saying it had arrived with them. Due to the Christmas closure pre delivery work won't take place until 29th Dec, collection scheduled for New years Eve.

So as long as I can collect as promised it will be 13 weeks 2 days.

Spec ordered

vRS hatch tsi 220 manual

Black Magic

Options:

Sunset glass

space saver spare

Smartlink

Canton

Double sided boot floor

folding auto-dim mirrors

It's been a long old wait, but time is nearly up and to say I'm excited is an understatment. The Mrs is really getting p!$$3d off with me banging on about my new car  :notme:

Thats great news. I know how difficult it is to be patient. Ordered mine on the 16th Oct and was given build week 51 so i probably wont get it until the 2nd or 3rd week of Jan :-(  what is the name of the APP that you used to track the cars progress?? and what details do you need ?? thanks.

Thats great news. I know how difficult it is to be patient. Ordered mine on the 16th Oct and was given build week 51 so i probably wont get it until the 2nd or 3rd week of Jan :-(  what is the name of the APP that you used to track the cars progress?? and what details do you need ?? thanks.

Hi Andy

The app doesn't let you track your cars progress unfortunately, it's just an app that lets you download the full owners manuals and quick reference guides for your car. It does however give you a little more info about your specific car (ie build date) but to use the app you need to have the VIN number already, so you won't be able to use it until your dealer gets this info for you (probably once the car hits the UK).

If you want the app, it's called "Skoda Manual" on Google Play (for Android obviously), I'm sure an Apple equivalent exists too. 

Have you heard from your dealer whether the car has been built yet?

When mine entered production it left the factory 6 days later.

Hi Andy

The app doesn't let you track your cars progress unfortunately, it's just an app that lets you download the full owners manuals and quick reference guides for your car. It does however give you a little more info about your specific car (ie build date) but to use the app you need to have the VIN number already, so you won't be able to use it until your dealer gets this info for you (probably once the car hits the UK).

If you want the app, it's called "Skoda Manual" on Google Play (for Android obviously), I'm sure an Apple equivalent exists too. 

Have you heard from your dealer whether the car has been built yet?

When mine entered production it left the factory 6 days later.

Thanks for that. I got confirmation on email from Skoda UK that it went into production during wk 51 (14-18th Dec) so i will get an update from the dealer in the new year. If the shipping process does not start until Jan is it a fair estimation to work on approx 3 weeks until i get the car?

Hi all Mr impatient here. !!!

I was just wondering how long it took most of you to get a build date after placing an order.

My order was put in on the 17the Dec and still not heard.

I appreciate it's the Xmas period so maybe just have to wait a bit longer.

Cheers.

Steve

Ordered 2 cars 29/12/15 

1st Octavia VRS estate 2.0TSI 220 DGS

Quartz Grey - Grey stitching inside

Options. Auto Boot, Heated front and rear, reverse cam, KESSI (open and start).

Been given late March for delivery.

2nd Rapid Spaceback 1.2TSI 110 Manual.

Black Metallic

Options. Heated front seats and Hill Hold.

Been given late march Delivery.

Hoping they come early march but overall happy as another dealer locally told me 18 weeks for the Octavia so 10-12 weeks is better.

Will update along the journey.