Octavia build dates for new orders

On all of my orders to date I've had to chase the dealer, I don't think it's unusual for this to be the case though. A proper tracker would be a welcome addition to the Skoda website

Im going in for a chat tomorrow to chase up my £500 credit card and to talk about fitting the black grille surround. Hoping I've not been pushed out of my week 9 slot, maybe even brought forward!!

Saw the first Octavia 3 VRS on the road today since I ordered, I can admit to being a bit excited now :)

Placed my order for a Metallic Grey vRS (petrol) on 23rd December. I had a text message from Skoda UK on February 5th advising me that it was being built this week. I'm guessing an early March delivery. Apart from the paint the only extras are Canton, heated seats, Black pack, folding mirrors and spare wheel.

Yep it should be, you ordered yours on the same day as me and you've got the same build week, so it's good to see they're being consistent!

Yep it should be, you ordered yours on the same day as me and you've got the same build week, so it's good to see they're being consistent!

I ordered on the 18th December and was given build week 5 so hopefully mine will be ready for me to collect in the last week of March !! Gone for a petrol vrs estate in quartz paint with sunset glass. Going to put the black grill surround on myself.

I ordered my Octavia on 29th Dec, been told this week it's currently in build at the factory so I should expect it in 3-4 weeks - hopefully after the 1st March for a 16 plate!

Went for a vRS 2.0 TDI estate in Rallye Green, with options of sunset glass, heated front seats and Smartllnk. It'll be my first brand new car - somewhat of a change from my previous cars though - Skoda Fabia vRS 1.9 TDI, but between the two Czech motors I've just sold my Honda S2000!

Update: Now built and at the port, but no shipping date set yet. Have been told that process allows up to 10 days for a date to be set, so will have that by next Friday.

Hoping to pick it up from the dealer 12th March, so have specifically requested that even if it arrives earlier than planned, I want it on a 16 plate!

Edited by tomsimes

Ordered 4th December car now arrived in uk and transit order has been placed.vwill arrive at dealer 22nd February but will wait for collection on new 16 plate. Collecting car hopefully 1st March.

Vrs hatch moon white metallic elec roof black pack pictoris alloys Columbus sat, red stitching, sunset glass, Bluetooth, wifi. Whoop whoop can't wait.

I ordered my Octavia on 29th Dec, been told this week it's currently in build at the factory so I should expect it in 3-4 weeks - hopefully after the 1st March for a 16 plate!

Went for a vRS 2.0 TDI estate in Rallye Green, with options of sunset glass, heated front seats and Smartllnk. It'll be my first brand new car - somewhat of a change from my previous cars though - Skoda Fabia vRS 1.9 TDI, but between the two Czech motors I've just sold my Honda S2000!

Update: Now built and at the port, but no shipping date set yet. Have been told that process allows up to 10 days for a date to be set, so will have that by next Friday.

Hoping to pick it up from the dealer 12th March, so have specifically requested that even if it arrives earlier than planned, I want it on a 16 plate!

Further update: Had a phone call from the dealer earlier - they are expecting my car to arrive in the UK this week, but have confirmed it'll be on a 16 plate and even better, will deliver it from Yorkshire to Bristol on 1st March for me - I can't wait!

I ordered on the 17th December and was originally told it would be 18 weeks.

Finally got an update, mine is built and arrived in the UK on Friday. Now waiting for car transporter to deliver it to the dealers. 

Mine ordered 7 Nov. Built 5 Feb. Waiting on boat too. Would be quicker for me to fly over and drive home I thinks!!! Hopefully before March she'll be sitting in the drive

Sounds like a lot of our cars are waiting for the boat to set sail!

I ordered the beginning of December I think. No VRS though :(

I was told last Monday 8th it was waiting shipment in Docks at Emden, was confirmed status as put on boat on Thursday

Still hoping for delivery on 22nd, don't want a 16 plate, car is on PCH anyway

Edited by davitc

There is such a variation on delivery times, some up to 4 weeks difference when ordered at roughly the same time. What is this down to? Spec? My VRS ordered on 2/12/15, no news yet! :-(

Edited by Nezman

HI, just had an email from the dealer today to tell me my car (220 TSI VRS DSG) has been built and will be with them in about 2 weeks. Ordered on 15th January.

Wow, that's a quick turnaround! Ordered my 230 on 2/12/15 and no news yet!

I am amazed but a little sceptical.

As previously posted, I ordered my vRS TDi hatch DSG on 23rd January and was subsequently told build week 8 (22nd Feb).

Had a call from the dealer this afternoon to tell me it's being built this week !! (Build week 6)

I hope they are looking at the right calendar - I won't complain though as at this rate I should be driving it early March.

But we will see................................

Update - I knew it would be too good to be true. Dealer says car is being built this week ( 7 ) ? will this change again ?