Suzuki Vitara (New model) and S Cross Thread

First dry day I've had since picking the car up so thought I would upload a pic of it. May not be everyone's choice of colour but I love it.

I've never had a blue car or would it be described as turquoise?.

I kinda like French blue......maybe one day.

post-114489-0-99769000-1454187147_thumb.png

First dry day I've had since picking the car up so thought I would upload a pic of it. May not be everyone's choice of colour but I love it.

I'll be honest and say I hated that colour when I first saw it in the brochures...

But now I've seen it on the road I think it looks great, especially with the two tone colour :) I like the burnt orange colour now too :)

Any further thoughts?

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Like 1

Not wanting to suffer 'incoming' but I get the impression the colours are meant to attract the gentler sex in the social media age.

Ha ha I went for Grey with a black roof :D I think the colours are to attract younger people to be honest.

Glad you like your Vitara. My only real complaint about my SZ5 diesel (all grip) is the steering is very dead. It's probably the most electric feeling steering I have ever driven and I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard for Suzuki to improve. Oh and I think they use sun tan lotion to lubricate the door hinges, as it certainly doesn't seem to have anything in common with grease or proper thick oily stuff :D

Exactly the same feeling with my Swift Sport. Must be a Suzuki thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Pug has electric water and oil pumps and steering BUT the 308 has beautiful steering so it can be done.

The Swift always gets great reviews, so that's strange.

My BMWs steering is pretty good, a bit dead around the centre but otherwise fine (it is a very quick rack though, or so the jornos tell me :D)

Hand on the top of the steering wheel in a cloud of smoke but know nothing, I assume DDD )))

I thought the Swift was reckoned to have great steering? :(

It has now after after a 4 wheel alignment. It's very sensitive to road surfaces but doesn't spoil the fun. Very Go Kart like :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Vitara steering works well in that it goes where you point it, but the wheel feel is very numb and it sometimes feels a bit like you are driving with a mega faceted thrupenny bit, if that makes sense. It's the only real complaint I have about it.

I've done many thousands of miles now and have condensed my likes and dislikes of the car more thoroughly. There are one or two things that remind you it's at the budget end of similar cars, but there are many more things that make you smile and figure you have a bit of a bargain really :) But that steering, it's just not quite right. Certainly not a deal breaker and considering the rest of the car, it's a compromise I'm happy to live with, but when they do the face lift, it's the first thing I'd address.

• Like 1

I've never had a blue car or would it be described as turquoise?.

I kinda like French blue......maybe one day.

Turquoise is how it is described in the brochure and I much prefer this colour to the burnt orange.

I'll be honest and say I hated that colour when I first saw it in the brochures...

But now I've seen it on the road I think it looks great, especially with the two tone colour :) I like the burnt orange colour now too :)

Any further thoughts?

It's not to everyone's taste I give you that but in glad the colour has grown on you. I opted against the orange as there's far too many Ford Kugas around my way in that colour although I do like it.

No more thoughts on it at the moment and still enjoying putting some miles on it. I'm taking it to Devon on Tuesday so that will be a nice run for it :)

Edited by Vrs84

It's not to everyone's taste I give you that but in glad the colour has grown on you. I opted against the orange as there's far too many Ford Kugas around my way in that colour although I do like it.

No more thoughts on it at the moment and still enjoying putting some miles on it. I'm taking it to Devon on Tuesday so that will be a nice run for it :)

I still find the economy amazing for something that is so boxy shaped :)

I still find the economy amazing for something that is so boxy shaped :)

Well today us the day I'm hoping to sample it's amazing economy :)

Out of interest does anyone know if putting LED number plate bulbs in will throw up any error messages on the dash?