Voice control Bolero, addon?

I picked up my Octavia with Bolero and bluetooth two days ago. Great car with a few annoying details, amongst these that I miss voice control,a feature that I used daily with my old Parrot. The dealer told me that it was not possible with my configuration - a strange move by Skoda not to include this in Bluetooth per default.

I have voice control buttons on the Bolero and on the steering wheel that currently functions as mute buttons and shows a message that voice control is not available. WHY Skoda?? :-) that is plain stupid.

Question is.. Can I somehow add voice control with vcds, sw, or hw ?

Its terrible on the Octavia, 70/80% of the time it gets it totally wrong and just frustrates. You are not missing a thing.

Is yours a UK car? If so I assume its an S spec as all cars SE and above have Bluetooth with Voice Control I believe.

Same experience here in Ireland. Identical reply from dealer - though my dealer really does sound as if he's making things up as he goes along....anyone know more?

What car do you have/have ordered chelon? Hoping to pick up my Elegance Combi on Friday? I specced Bluetooth and voice control as a €20 option!

I agree with the comments, that it should be possible with the hardware you have (as bluetooth calling is possible so there must be a microphone fitted).

However, I had a similar fruitless discussion with my dealer over several "configurable" features.

They can be enabled with VCDS but the garage told me it was not possible.

To shorten the delivery time I was offered a couple of "in-stock" cars which I said I would take if they would "configure" a couple of extra features (like cornering fog lights etc).

I even offered to pay them full list price (to the garage not to Skoda) for the extra features but they refused saying that the couldn't do it.

Its terrible on the Octavia, 70/80% of the time it gets it totally wrong and just frustrates. You are not missing a thing.

Is yours a UK car? If so I assume its an S spec as all cars SE and above have Bluetooth with Voice Control I believe.

No, its a danish car, Combi Elegance.

Bluetooth and working voice control really should be standard equipment in such an expensive car.. Our second car is a Hyundai i10 which costs 1/4 of the Octavia here, and it has bluetooth, steering wheel controls AND quite good voice control in Danish! Skoda have not even bothered to translate the Bolero menus to Danish

Bluetooth and working voice control really should be standard equipment in such an expensive car.. Our second car is a Hyundai i10 which costs 1/4 of the Octavia here, and it has bluetooth, steering wheel controls AND quite good voice control in Danish! Skoda have not even bothered to translate the Bolero menus to Danish

Yes its a shame....its that unusable I think its pointless that it exists. More irritating still to stand a chance of safely making a call from the phone book (and not just recent calls list on the maxidot computer) you really only have voice control....otherwise you have to tap away on the touchscreen to search people out which is both nightmarish and dangerous.

My last Octavia Mk2 had Bluetooth but no voice control but it at least had Phonebook access via the computer and steering wheel controls....backwards step for sure.

No voicecontroll in Norway either. Must be a language thing.

No voicecontroll in Norway either. Must be a language thing.

It is standard on Elegance (and Style in MY16) here in Finland though, so I'd assume it's more of a regional thing than a language issue.

Edited by kallekilponen

It is standard on Elegance (and Style in MY16) here in Finland though, so I'd assume it's more of a regional thing than a language issue.

Or perhaps a laziness issue by Skoda.

That's strange. I also have a Danish Elegance, but I have working voice control in mine.

I have the so-called Elegance Plus package + Bolero and Canton and a bunch of other stuff. The voice control doesn't work in Danish though, but in English it works fine.

I find it quite obsolete though. I only played with it the first few weeks I had the car.

What car do you have/have ordered chelon? Hoping to pick up my Elegance Combi on Friday? I specced Bluetooth and voice control as a €20 option!

It's an Irish spec so not relevant to UK models. Would agree re the comments about finding a contact manually via the touchscreen.

It's an Irish spec so not relevant to UK models. Would agree re the comments about finding a contact manually via the touchscreen.

My car is also Irish spec, although I haven't got my hands on it yet, it's due at the dealer tomorrow so should be picking it up on Friday all going well!

My car is also Irish spec, although I haven't got my hands on it yet, it's due at the dealer tomorrow so should be picking it up on Friday all going well!

Ah sorry didn't notice you were in Ireland. I went for the Ambition and the voice control isn't active although I requested the enhanced Bluetooth functionality. You might get lucky with the Elegance.

Would be interested to hear your "dealer experience" - I used the one in West Dublin and kind of wishing I hadn't...

Ah sorry didn't notice you were in Ireland. I went for the Ambition and the voice control isn't active although I requested the enhanced Bluetooth functionality. You might get lucky with the Elegance.

Would be interested to hear your "dealer experience" - I used the one in West Dublin and kind of wishing I hadn't...

Yea, will have to wait and see. Went with the dealers in Wicklow town, half an hour drive, even though Spirit Skoda are only a few minutes from me. Decision wasn't based on any bad press about Spirit but I'd been to Sinnot Autos a few times looking at 2nd hand cars and so when I decided to go with a new car I just stuck with the guy I'd been dealing with all along. I'll let you know how I get on with them but so far I've no complaints anyway, they've been keeping me informed the whole way through and have been patient when I've changed the spec a few times from original order!!

I specced Bluetooth and voice control as a €20 option!

Maybe Im wrong but I cant see the Bluetooth+Voice control (PT3) option being any more than just Voice control in Ireland. The Bluetooth+(PT1) option is £200 in UK. I have queried it in Ireland....but I think they are mis using the term Bluetooth+ (I hope Im wrong)

From what I gather the Bluetooth+ may have a fin on roof to boost the signal.

It would be interesting to hear your feedback on what gets delivered.

Fyi Bluetooth+ PT1 referenced at 1min…..

Haven't had too much of a chance to play around with it yet, only collected car yesterday afternoon but I do have the fin on the roof.

Haven't had too much of a chance to play around with it yet, only collected car yesterday afternoon but I do have the fin on the roof.

Fin on roof...now that is interesting.

What sterio have you got? Did you upgrade?

Have you symbol on rubber mat...see below.

On another post I see it mentioned ." Bluetooth+ requires the aerial - there is an induction loop between the BT+ tray (indicated by the phone symbol embossed in the rubber mat) and the roof aerial to increase mobile signal strength."

• 1 year later...

Disappointed to find the trail of info went cold here. I have ordered a Style with voice control as a free extra, normally costs just €20. In the online configurator, there were three optional extras related to voice control, but two of them required a sat nav which I did not order. The third option was called 'voice control steering wheel activation button', and costs €293. Dealer couldnt explain what it was, so I didn't bother with it. Collecting car soon and I am curious what functionality I will have and what I possibly missed out on?

I have a 2016 Style, Irish spec. Pretty sure it came with voice control as standard, but will need to check. Don't have a real need for it as I use the Smarklink to enable CarPlay and use Siri to call numbers etc. 

Decided to push the dealer to find out what the €293 option 'voice control steering wheel activation' option is. According to some guy with a vw group email address, it is a phone signal booster plus wireless charger. Go figure.