Fancy swapping your horrendous Xtreme wheels and tyres for my 18" standard vRS wheels?

It`s a great idea you know, the ride is much better and deep down I`m a boy racer who needs the 19"`s :D

Not kerbed either with 1100 miles on them  ;)

I`d even throw a little cash your way! And a great excuse to drive up to the stunning lake district :D

Agree. Being me even older, after two sets of 18's I went for 17'. But not for the harshness. Rather, their selling point is that they have less weight and less momentum, so the car shall accelerate (marginally) easier (and cost less :) ).

Should I go for "better" rims, I'd look for Pro Race 1.2 :)

I can't feel any difference in ride quality between my 19's and the 18's on the demo car I originally drove. Got to say I love the look of them!

I actually find the ride quality on the mk3 just as good or if not better than my mk2 vRS.

Cheers lads :D tbh I think the ride on 18`s is great, my gf has 18`s on her civic and it`s loads worse than the vRS. Pity a car with 19`s wasn`t available to try when I was testing cars.

I could sell you a set of 19" wheels with tyres (no exchange) which are almost new and much much better quality than the Extremes, and much lighter than the Extremes, if you have £1000 going begging

:)

• 1 month later...

It`s a great idea you know, the ride is much better and deep down I`m a boy racer who needs the 19"`s :D

Not kerbed either with 1100 miles on them   ;)

I`d even throw a little cash your way! And a great excuse to drive up to the stunning lake district :D

I've an extra set of extreme's with RS3's that have only covered maybe 1000 miles, that might be available at the right deal

:P

• Like 1

I ran them on my MK2FL before I sold it, and the ride was no different IMHO than the standard 18".

As for looks, it's the Marmite effect, you either love them or hate them, personally I love them.

Only thing I would suggest is getting a good protection wax coat on them due to the polished parts.

I love the look too, but one thing I will say was there was quite a lot of tyre rumble on the demo I had but the dealer said that the 18s were just as loud. From what I am reading on the forum it's more likely that there is minimal sound deadening in the vRS. Does anyone have an opinion on noise of 18" v 19"

Noise can be mostly tyre dependent, on my MK2FL I actually found the 19's to be much quieter than the 18's. The tyres on the 19's are Uniroyal RS3's and the 18's was the standard factory fit.

On my test drive of the MK3 with 18's fitted I would say the noise level was probably about the same leaning towards a bit less, as the MK2FL on 18's.

But tyre's and noise are always subjective to the person, one person's acceptable is not for another.

• Like 1