Talk me out of this car...

http://www.centurymotors.co.uk/used-cars/skoda-octavia-2-0-tfsi-vrs-5dr-sheffield-201503041427614

I'm so tempted by it. It's actually around the same price to insure as my current car (a Fabia estate), Someone please tell me why buying this car is a bad idea. Or tell me about living with them... 

Thanks! 

It looks clean, though it doesn't look to have the best specification, no climate control, jumbo box and appears to have the smaller 17" zeniths...

These things are of course all subjective to the individual requirements - I could live without the extras but my first car didn't have electric windows!!

Due it's second cambelt change.

Check the sills before you buy, pre-facelift have issues there.

It's red not race blue therefore slower ;)

whilst the car looks good, I'm more concerned about the dealer

why are they making the point that a petrol vRS won't suffer any DPF issues normally associated with diesel engines ?

and "ABS breaks" - I hope it doesn't ;)

• Like 1

Tidy but very basic example, shortly after this car was produced things like the Jumbo box, 18" Wheels, Dual zone climate and rear electric windows all became standard equipment. All of these are missing from this car, so its a completely standard car with no options which due to the missing kit could have difficulty selling later. There are not that many around of the low spec for a reason, and I do wonder how long that dealer has had that one given the tax terminated some months ago.

I have this burning desire, even from behind my laptop screen, to get some Autosol on those tail pipes  :D

A clean looking car, needs some centre caps for the alloys and some new plastic covers for the wheel bolts (acid damage from overly aggressive alloy wheel cleaner) but a very clean looking vRS.

The expensive branded Michelin Primacy tyres are a good sign too, shows the previous owner didn't scrimp on 'essentials'.

Don't think Skoda did Tornado red either

Its Corrida Red I think same as mine. I Love mine although its a hatch not estate, not keen on the estate but you clearly like them so buy it you wont regret it.

I'd not heard of it either, but it does seem to be a genuine Skoda colour, although not sure whether it was used on early Octavia's, most Google hits refer to the Citygo.

Paint code G2G2...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SKODA-TORNADO-RED-TOUCH-UP-PAINT-G2G2-3T0050300Y3D-/171460887212

Edited by silver1011

Its not Tornado Red. Tornado red is a new Red used on the Skoda citigo, I know this because my sisters is Tornado Red. The Octavia pictured in the link is Corrida red.

That looks a nice example and the Octavia is a big step up from the Fabia. I had a mk1 Octavia vrs then changed for the twin charged Fabia which was fun. I went back to the octavia Vrs again last year after so many problems with the Fabia and boy what a difference. The Octavia is so much more grown up.

"ABS breaks" - I hope it doesn't ;)

Lol.

The only info missing that I can see is the number of Previous Owners, which would be an important one for me, possibly the deciding factor, but stating "with climate control" when it hasn't would make me double check all other information stated.

Imo the diesel engine stuff is just trying to convince you to buy petrol, that's all.

IF (?) it is the Tfsi engine as in an Audi A4, then it is a fantastic engine in my experience, and if the Vrs suspension matches the A4, then it will be lovely to drive.