Glass cleaners

ednmra

Does anyone else find spray-on glass cleaners (e.g. I use Car Plan) don't do much a job?

I use Autoglym Glass Polish when I have time, and that does it really well, but I'd like to know if anyone has discovered a really good quick spray-on/wipe-off glass cleaner?

• Like 2

I agree - the AG glass polish is good to use on stubborn or very neglected glass.

For my regular Glass cleaner I use KKD spray - which performs well :thumbup:

They do some nice scents..... bubblegum, mandarin,etc.

http://liquidelementsuk.co.uk/collections/krystal-kleen-detail/products/krystal-klear-glass-cleaner-1

I use skoda/vw' s own screenwash mixed with warm water cleans and degreases the windows as good as anything, then rub dry with a clean microfibre cloth, I use the same method on my RS 1600i show car too, effortless cleaning

I agree - the AG glass polish is good to use on stubborn or very neglected glass.

This is great, but I only find I have to use AG Fast Glass after a wash.

2 clean microfiber cloths one soaked in boiled cool water with a tiny amount of washing up liquid .....wax on wax off!........no smears ..free and simples

and mine get covered in dane slobber of the thing

Another vote for AG Glass polish.

For a spray clean I use IPA diluted with cooled boiled water at 1:4, 500ml in a spray bottle, job done.

IPA... To clean windows? That's a waste of a good beer!

Snet with speeling mistkaes from my phoen

I use skoda/vw' s own screenwash mixed with warm water cleans and degreases the windows as good as anything, then rub dry with a clean microfibre cloth, I use the same method on my RS 1600i show car too, effortless cleaning

That's what I use...always have.

Guest Cossiecol

Gtechniq G6 or Stoners

75% of glass cleaning is in the cloth, get a good one like a waffle weave and it gives great results.

Good old fashioned vinegar in warmish water works well, a strong solution is best though, a chamois leather cloth helps in cleaning this way and if there are any dirty marks left pure meths on a bit of kitchen roll should take care of them, good way to clean windscreen wipers of any dirt too and really excellent for outside of windscreen.

The vinegar cleaning is also good on the dashboard etc too, think my car could do with a good springcleaning looking at all the dust inside of it just now!

75% of glass cleaning is in the cloth, get a good one like a waffle weave and it gives great results.

I would agree.

i got some nice glass waffle weave from a Ragmaster GB recommended by Bob (NorthernMonkey).

These glass waffle weave do perform superbly.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

I use autosmart 20/20 and a microfibre (Kirkland from Costco) - no problems here. I also think the weather depends on the finish you get. Too hot and it drys too quick, too wet and it doesn't evaporate quick enough!

• Like 1

Guest Cossiecol

I would agree.

i got some nice glass waffle weave from a Ragmaster GB recommended by Bob (NorthernMonkey).

These glass waffle weave do perform superbly.  :thumbup:

Yeah I got mine from the Rag Master.com before the UK site got set up, top quality cloths :)

Good old fashioned vinegar in warmish water works well, a strong solution is best though, a chamois leather cloth helps in cleaning this way and if there are any dirty marks left pure meths on a bit of kitchen roll should take care of them, good way to clean windscreen wipers of any dirt too and really excellent for outside of windscreen.

The vinegar cleaning is also good on the dashboard etc too, think my car could do with a good springcleaning looking at all the dust inside of it just now!

"pure meths"....contradiction in terms, since methylated spirit is alcohol to which other things have been added (to make it less likely to be consumed!)

For my regular Glass cleaner I use KKD spray - which performs well :thumbup:

They do some nice scents..... bubblegum, mandarin,etc.

http://liquidelementsuk.co.uk/collections/krystal-kleen-detail/products/krystal-klear-glass-cleaner-1

My top-up order for summer just arrived - with waffle weave towels.

KKD in Bubblegum scent - i simply love this stuff!  :thumbup:

11255810_10205165426429926_8269334633176

• Like 1

The best spray glass cleaner I've used is Angelwax Superior Glass cleaner. Think it is called Vision now. Doesn't smell great though. It has a strong amonia smell, but it will take anything off your glass. Bug splatter isn't an issue for it!!