Trevorb33's Fantasy Green Fabia 1.8t Sleeper

TrevorB33

Some little bits got today, facelift rear lights again, facelift front bonnet grill with angled slats as opposed to straight off the pre facelift, leather 5speed gear knob and leather gaitor out of a Fabia, Fabia fuel pump and cover and new dash with 6.5k redline to match to get my fuel gauge working properly finally

6A746D19-33E9-4202-BBA4-75782BC0A118.jpg

Edited by TrevorB33
  • Like 2

Not sure if you know or not but.. regarding the airbag light (and abs) if you disconnect the module fully you can then code the canbus controller to say it has no airbags.. no light on dash then. Works the same abs too which is how I did my rally car. Just saves keeping redundant wiring etc. Looking good tho

• Like 2

Not sure if you know or not but.. regarding the airbag light (and abs) if you disconnect the module fully you can then code the canbus controller to say it has no airbags.. no light on dash then. Works the same abs too which is how I did my rally car. Just saves keeping redundant wiring etc. Looking good tho

Didn't know that, was it the long coding you changed or just turned them all off? As I've turned off all the ones I've removed, regarding abs isn't the speedo off the abs sensor, how did you get round that?

Yes just reset the long coding but the modules have to be disconnected first otherwise it won't accept the coding.

I fitted a speed sensor in the gearbox and wired that to the dash. Think I had to add a pin and code the dash to say which speed sensor to look for. I'm using 02j gearbox so speed sensor mounting etc is already in place.

No once the airbag module is gone and the Canbus is coded there are no faults mate I ripped lots of wiring out of mine Inc the leccy window and locking stuff. Car just thinks it's a Base model now lol

No once the airbag module is gone and the Canbus is coded there are no faults mate I ripped lots of wiring out of mine Inc the leccy window and locking stuff. Car just thinks it's a Base model now lol

Interesting cheers I'll have to have a play the only electrics I have left is the stereo lol

Depends on how friendly you are with your MOT guy or how picky they are. In theory I believe there has to be an airbag present if one was fitted as standard (which all Fabias did). However I'm not sure if a tester would know or care. Especially given the obvious nature of the car.

Depends on how friendly you are with your MOT guy or how picky they are. In theory I believe there has to be an airbag present if one was fitted as standard (which all Fabias did). However I'm not sure if a tester would know or care. Especially given the obvious nature of the car.

Very :),

• Like 1