Trevorb33's Fantasy Green Fabia 1.8t Sleeper

TrevorB33

All I have to do for Bedford is take out the Yeti's back seats, instant 200kilo saving ;) (well maybe exaggerating but they are pigging heavy!)

Edited by DarrellGB
  • Like 1

Had a fun day today, starting to strip front loom to remove redundant wires and tidy it up :) I could be here a few days lol

31311B0D-0ECB-4EFD-BC2F-844428BE4B89.jpg

Make sure you wrap it up very well with insulating tape leaving no sign of any wires for MOT knobs to pick up on like they did in my Octy!

All I have to do for Bedford is take out the Yeti's back seats, instant 200kilo saving ;) (well maybe exaggerating but they are pigging heavy!)

Outside rears are nearly 20kg I reckon. Centre one perhaps 15-ish.

• Like 1

Outside rears are nearly 20kg I reckon. Centre one perhaps 15-ish.

That sounds about right, plus the spare wheel and it's a 60-65Kg saving :)

Finishing up the front loom, all taped up now, most things plugged back in, just deciding how to run loom on firewall, started fitting p clip's so it will look nice, even though no one will ever see it, also blanked off the heater matrix pipe holes and hole where demister motor sits,

Some pics

From this

D9A7CDDA-98D9-4248-9394-B3310969D579_1.j

First p clip securing loom

7CDBA0AF-C21B-4709-9B08-761F1D694EDF.jpg

Two ally blanks siliconed in

945160BE-4FFF-4D25-AAD8-1B59FA0EAFD5.jpg

B7E844F9-39C8-492B-8B61-6D3A83F16964.jpg

• Like 2

Better hope you get a nice cool breeze in summer. Been driving the Octy round today and had to have the AC on full all the time. Such a big area with the seats removed you have to cool the boot and everything it gets quite warm.

Better hope you get a nice cool breeze in summer. Been driving the Octy round today and had to have the AC on full all the time. Such a big area with the seats removed you have to cool the boot and everything it gets quite warm.

If I put the AC on I'll loose 5 hp
  • Like 1

No very loud beep when the fuel light comes on with the Fabia clocks? Or did you just ignore it :P

I used to run my Cordy for days with the fuel light on, bloody noise annoyed the hell out of me as it was so loud on every startup.

No very loud beep when the fuel light comes on with the Fabia clocks? Or did you just ignore it :P

I used to run my Cordy for days with the fuel light on, bloody noise annoyed the hell out of me as it was so loud on every startup.

Strangely no, I've never run it that low before and never seen the reserve light, the fuel gauge is slightly off where the needles have been off an on, I now know empty is just out of red lol

• Like 1