MIB Columbus ECE2015/2016 Maps Direct Download Link

Can you please detail the instruction here? Just wanted to ensure I'm doing it right, so far no luck with the 64GB card. Did you format it as Fat32?

My Columbus updated from a 64GB card without any issues.

I just followed the instructions from the installer and put it in the car.

Edited by vEnOmoz

Can you please detail the instruction here? Just wanted to ensure I'm doing it right, so far no luck with the 64GB card. Did you format it as Fat32?

I typed in my vin on the portal, download the downloader/installer and just clicked ok. After the DL was complete, i inserted the Sdcard and pointed the installer in the right direction and klicked ok on all prompts.

The card was ExFAT, not sure if the installer reformated it.

That's exactly what I did! When updating, I started the car then inserted the SD card and then clicked on the update button under Navigation. It searches for the data and throws an error after a few seconds.

Andyvee, when I checked the ROW zip folder there were a total of 3 items - 2 folders (Mib1, Mib2) and a file (metainfo2.txt).

Are these the items you have as well? Just wanted to confirm I'm not missing any files.

Andyvee, when I checked the ROW zip folder there were a total of 3 items - 2 folders (Mib1, Mib2) and a file (metainfo2.txt).

Are these the items you have as well? Just wanted to confirm I'm not missing any files.

Yep, and the metainfo and those 2 folders need to be in the root of your SD card

The Europe update is the same format

http://here.com Feedback. Report a map problem

I did that when I first got the car and noticed a map issue on a road I drive about twice a week. They still haven't fixed it even on the online map...

When I've submitted map error reports to Google and Apple they've fixed the problems within a couple of weeks...seems Nokia isn't exactly quick about fixing their maps. It's pretty ironic that American companies have better maps of Finland than Nokia.

Edited by kallekilponen

Took me about 40 minutes to extract to the card, and about 40 minutes for the maps to update. You can start it off and just forget about it, even if you turn the engine off it continues for a while then shuts the Columbus down, it will resume from wherever it left off next time you turn it on.

Just done my update & was worrying because the display still said updating after 10 minutes, didn't realise it would take so long. Hopefully will complete tomorrow.

Edited by kinega

That's exactly what I did! When updating, I started the car then inserted the SD card and then clicked on the update button under Navigation. It searches for the data and throws an error after a few seconds.

I just checked my SD-card, it was formated as ExFat during the update, wich Im just finished with. 

Here is where i am in OZ with this; FAT32, exFAT32 formats don't make a difference, neither does having the file and 2 directories in the root directory, nor clearing the card and putting everything from the MIB1 directory directly into the root directory. It's looking like OZ can't use the ROW update.

Just tried it in mine - if you follow the Skoda instructions it just throws an error.

BUT

If you hold the Menu button in for about 10 secs until the Service Menu comes up and go through the update procedure from there I still get an error, but at least this time it tells me there is a region mis-match and that I have a EU head unit and that the maps are RoW.

I just tried that, the only problem is that it takes you to the files under the the MIB1 folder and you have to go through them and select the right ones I'm assuming. Not sure this would be the right way to go as you can easily stuff up the upgrade if you don't know what files to choose.

This particular upgrade maybe a temporary file and they are yet to add the encrypted (.md5) file to the folder I think.

Thanks for the help again Andyvee.

Edited by vEnOmoz

It automatically selects the ones that are present and need upgrading - if you are getting that far it is seeing the update as valid.

You are correct though - it might not be a final release version, but it seems to have all of the correct checksum files present

I'll remove the link from the first post

Here is where i am in OZ with this; FAT32, exFAT32 formats don't make a difference, neither does having the file and 2 directories in the root directory, nor clearing the card and putting everything from the MIB1 directory directly into the root directory. It's looking like OZ can't use the ROW update.

If you're using a Mac, check this out

How do I actually know it is finished? I started the update in the car and saw it reaching 2%. Turned off the car and after a couple of hours the screen was black and my version says ECE2015 now forgot what it said before... Is this the new or do I have let it continue for some time?

Mine resumed the update when I turned on the ignition again. It updated about 10% after I stopped the car.

Edited by Gromle

Thanks, but what about version number? I also accidentally hit "safely eject sd card". OK?

Will you see any update progress during the update? I saw it when it started, but haven´t seen anything after the initall 2%

EDIT: It started over new now... Will report back on new version number.

Edited by borchgrevink

I dont remember the version number, sorry.

It shows the progressbar when resuming if you select nav. Phone, radio and such hides the bar.

But it sounds like you aborted the when hitting eject card.