Can't pair my phone with columbus unit

Followed the "1 step" instruction list in the manual for the phone setup for my coumbus stereo and it reads as follows.  Car is an elegance 2011 so it defo has bluetooth.

Goto Setup,  then click Telephone.

This only gives me the option of doing a Factory Reset which I did just to humour myself. Still no other options in the setup list.

When I click phone on the LHS it tells me no user connected.

Basically I can't seem to pair the stereo with my phone when I do a bluetooth device scan.  Is there anything I am missing?   I don't see any option to turn bluetooth on or off on the stereo.  Any ideas?

Edit... My phone is a Galaxy Note 1.  I have read stuff about rSAP protocol being used which could be the root of my problem.  Going to try an S5 phone tomorrow to see if I have same problem.

Edited by jimmyf

Humour me: have you found the actual mide under the driver's seat?

If you have, get a part number off it and post it here.

Also, unplug it, clean the connectors and reconnect it. Always worth trying simple things first.

Maxdot is info panel between Speedo and rev counter.

Different screen enable setting of different car functions. All these are accessed by the roller switch on the right of the steering wheel. When rolled the maxdit display should change, to select a particular menu press the same roller switch and then roll it to select menu item.

I speak only from experience of L&K trim sorry if you don't have steering wheel with buttons - someone else on here will soon be a long to advise.

Good luck - its certainly worth the time  :thumbup:

Just to say that I always pair my car and phone using Maxdot never from the Columbus and always after selecting 'reset factory settings' on phone menu in Maxdot. Car has to be stationary as well.

Edited by Smudgers
  • Like 1

Thanks for that folks.  Yes,  got it sorted there now so all connected now.  Not very obvious from the user manual how to go about doing it,  read the pages about phone setup but never once came across the maxidot thingy.  Maybe theres a different manual for maxidot?

The manual is not always that accurate or easy.... I tried for agaes to set up the reverse mirror dipping, as a few others on here have... Skoda failed to add that you have to press "SET" first! :)

Could you please explain step by step how to set the mirror as I give up, got round it by setting mirrors to seat setting 3 with seat in same position

Agree the instruction books not very clear/good as it took me a good few goes to phone to connect to radio. Was only putting book away and started fiddling that I managed to get it done

Try this.... http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/321172-reverse-nearside-mirror/ post 13... 

When setting the reverse dipping, you need to press "SET" BEFORE selecting the memory position, this is missing from the book... :( 

Saving front passenger mirror settings when reversing

Above the MAXI DOT display in the menu item Mirror down. The lowering function
for the mirror on the passenger side when reversing must be enabled
» page 45.
› Switch on the ignition.
Press the button SET A
› Press the required memory button B » Fig. 70.
› Turn the knob for the external mirror control to the position for the passenger
side mirror adjustment » page 78.
› Engage reverse gear.
› Adjust the front passenger's mirror to the desired position » page 78.
› Disengage reverse gear.
The set position of the exterior mirror is stored.

The bit that is missing is "Press the button SET A

Yeah the manuals leave a lot to be desired.

I think because with Bluetooth it's not also down to the headunit or maxidot that determines how it functions but as to which specific Bluetooth module is fitted.

P.s. Stuarttunstall - I'll keep an eye out for you round York.

Yeah the manuals leave a lot to be desired.

I think because with Bluetooth it's not also down to the headunit or maxidot that determines how it functions but as to which specific Bluetooth module is fitted.

P.s. Stuarttunstall - I'll keep an eye out for you round York.

I spent ages trying to work out how to set the mirror when I got the car last June.... then realised Skoda's mistake in missing a step out the manual... easy once you work it out Lol 

Usually around the Clifton Moor/Monks cross area at the weekend.... Take the old dear shopping :)

Superb is only used Friday to Sunday, use the old faithful Ibiza to do 100 miles a day to work and back... 

• Like 1

It took me a while to set mine up too - though the main reason for that is that when the display was showing the security code of "1111 2222 3333 4444" or whatever, I was trying to enter the spaces into my phone, and kept running out of characters.... then I realised it was just Skoda spacing the code out to make it easier to read.....

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I have just taken delivery of a 2013 Superb Elegance, and I can't pair my phone (S4). The Bluetooth is on and it's visible. I used the Maxdot method but it just keeps saying, no device found, or words to that effect.

Must say I am impressed beyond words with the car. It's a saloon, in Brunello Rossi, with DSG and 53,000 miles on the clock, with full main dealer history. Both inside and out the car is mint.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2015-5-22 at 09:16, Smudgers said:

Maxdot is info panel between Speedo and rev counter.

Different screen enable setting of different car functions. All these are accessed by the roller switch on the right of the steering wheel. When rolled the maxdit display should change, to select a particular menu press the same roller switch and then roll it to select menu item.

I speak only from experience of L&K trim sorry if you don't have steering wheel with buttons - someone else on here will soon be a long to advise.

Good luck - its certainly worth the time  :thumbup:

Just to say that I always pair my car and phone using Maxdot never from the Columbus and always after selecting 'reset factory settings' on phone menu in Maxdot. Car has to be stationary as well.

Thanks very much. I had the same issue regarding pairing and within 5mins of reading Smudgers helpful post I had paired successfully. What would we all do without Briskoda!

• 2 years later...

Hi All, that's my first time on the portal writing something but looked up good few posts before and I have to say that All of you are very helpful. I got my Superb 2 few years back and I couldn't be more happy with my car. I was thinking about an upgrade but as I'll need two cars in near future anyway I decided to keep it and I want to make some upgrades to make sure it'll be up to scratch with everything. 

I got a Columbus radio recently as per your advice instead of cheaper aftermarket radio and I couldn't choose better. Got the Bluetooth installed and everything is going really well. The only thing that actually annoyed me about it is that when I connect to Bluetooth phone and it will go to media as well but if I'll switch the engine off or I'll stop casting it will Kind of loose it and doesn't want to play music from the screen or switch through the songs. I'd need to play it from phone then and I can't switch through the songs with radio controls. Is there any way to get this working? Would it be anywhere in the settings or maybe different media player on the phone would help? Please advise. Thanks All. 

• 2 years later...

Thanks to those who took the time to advise on Bluetooth phone connection and the reversing mirror dip system setting.

Sorted my new to me 2011 Superb 3.6 with a great deal more ease than plodding through the slightly clumsy manual!

Next to sort is some styling updates

Cheers again to all