Mirrorlink - update from Skoda UK 29/5/2015

Just read the What car article on our problem, is it me or does anyone else think they must be taking a bung in the direction of sponsorship as my dog could write a better and more truthful artical 

• Like 1

Skoda UK have called me today to tell me that they are waiting for stock of the Kenwood MIB NAV unit........ummmmm.......

Well that's news to me as my dealer told me that Skoda had sent it already!

A unit was meant to be on hold for me at the very least.

Skoda's lies and incompetence just know no bounds do they?

What a joke!

• Like 3

Not so good Kevrs16, I wonder if it will ever arrive!!

I spoke to the dealer again, they wanted me to forward the post on the Kenwood, which I did as well as the link to this thread. They said they would contact Skoda and would have some news by Friday.

Friday has just been and they did ring me as they said they would - Guess what I have been offered a Garmin too!!

• Like 1

Kath, watch the Garmin I have just told them where to send it as they gave one to me and on opening the package found it was the basic model only covering Uk and NI when I was promised by the ever truthful Kate the pan European model as that would give the same cover as the Mirror link. We are dealing I think with back street traders, what a joke  

• Like 1

"We are dealing I think with back street traders, what a joke"

Well, I think that they didn't make it on purpose, but they just don't care... It's not important for them.

They are working unprofessionnaly ;-)

Hope that you will get your Garmin soon.

I'm waiting the car in 3 months, with smartlink...

Can anybody here tell me what build week my new SE is? IE whether or not I can use it with my iPhone 5? Happy to send VRM via PM. Thanks

Edit - in case you're wondering why I haven't just tested it, I'm picking it up this week, and haven't had chance to test it.

Edited by 2014FabiaSE
  • Like 1

Having justvread all of the above it looks like a complete dog's breakfast. I'm hoping to confirm a Fabia SE tomorrow that is, new, unregistered on UK stock and, I believe MY16, so shouldbe post-wk22 build (?).

Don't have a smartpnone so link to Bolero of no real consequence, but would like to get SatNav, of some description, installed. Easiest way might be just to mount my iPad2 on the dash as it has decent nav installed.

Anyone have suggestions for a mounting system for the iPad2, (it's a wi-fi+3g version and happily supports nave etc offline due to having the 3g bits installed).

Comments appreciated.

Having justvread all of the above it looks like a complete dog's breakfast. I'm hoping to confirm a Fabia SE tomorrow that is, new, unregistered on UK stock and, I believe MY16, so shouldbe post-wk22 build (?).

Don't have a smartpnone so link to Bolero of no real consequence, but would like to get SatNav, of some description, installed. Easiest way might be just to mount my iPad2 on the dash as it has decent nav installed.

Anyone have suggestions for a mounting system for the iPad2, (it's a wi-fi+3g version and happily supports nave etc offline due to having the 3g bits installed).

Comments appreciated.

I believe all iPads do not have a GPS chip in them - they use 3G signal triangulation to find your location. Therefore they are not as reliable as GPS, particularly in built up cities. It'll work adequately, but don't expect it to be perfect! 

Just worth considering

(it's a wi-fi+3g version and happily supports nave etc offline due to having the 3g bits installed).

Comments appreciated.

If you're using 3G to update the maps as you drive, then you're not really "Offline" - you're just connected to mobile signal data, as opposed to fixed (wifi/broadband) line data

Hi can anyone tell me if they have accepted the Skoda satnav deal as I have just been advised that the basic Garmin UK & NI is the one and only deal in the pot so hoping for European cover is a no no. Can anyone assist.

If you're using 3G to update the maps as you drive, then you're not really "Offline" - you're just connected to mobile signal data, as opposed to fixed (wifi/broadband) line data

Well, whatever the way it works, it's been reliable in the Volvo for a year or more. Nav app was Skobbler, now Scout and you can purchase each country worldwide for very little money. No data charges.

Hi can anyone tell me if they have accepted the Skoda satnav deal as I have just been advised that the basic Garmin UK & NI is the one and only deal in the pot so hoping for European cover is a no no. Can anyone assist.

Have reluctantly accepted the Garmin Nuvi 55LM which came with lifetime maps but only covers UK & NI. It does have space for a mini SD card Joe

Have a look, bluetooth connection to car on this forum. There is a message to me from a member in Denmark who has a Samsung S4 mini GT-19195 running android version 4.4.2 (Jelly Bean I think) which works with mirrorlink and the 7 day free version of Sygic works at normal car speed. As it happens I had one of these phones on order never thinking it would work with mirror link. Picked it up at 3.00 pm and can confirm that on my car it works with mirror link and the Sygic app works at normal road speed. Joe

• Like 1

Aha, but that's the moto g 2015 which is different from the moto g 2014 which was different from mine which is the moto g 4g. Confused? :)

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

This is probably a VERY TALL ASK, but would any of the post-week 22 build car owners be at all happy to find out what makes their Bolero different to the pre-week 22 cars? Perhaps by taking the car to an approved garage and asking them to have a look behind the radio? It still seems completely non-sensical that a retrofit is not possible!

• Like 2

Jo now that is weird as I have the same and downloaded the APP and it did not work

Jo now that is weird as I have the same and downloaded the APP and it did not work

Hi pandiver try running the app on your phone first before plugging in the usb cable then turning on mirror link hope that works . Tried mine today, after adding a micro sd card from another phone, plugged it in. It thought I had plugged in a pen drive and started playing music so running the app must turn off the sd card. When running Sygic I tried turning on my music sd card this switched the mapping off have not tried the radio with mapping turned on. Check that you are running android 4.4.2 and that your phone has not updated itself to a newer android version and under the model version its GT-19195. Hope that helps Joe

If you have Rooted your phone that might stop the usb to link to the phone.

Edited by JoePeddos

This is probably a VERY TALL ASK, but would any of the post-week 22 build car owners be at all happy to find out what makes their Bolero different to the pre-week 22 cars? Perhaps by taking the car to an approved garage and asking them to have a look behind the radio? It still seems completely non-sensical that a retrofit is not possible!

My pre-week 22 car (Bolero) System information.

Device part number: 5Q0035819

Hardware: H11

Software: 0138

Media Codes: 1003.113.1.15 prod

Could anyone with a post-week 22 car post their System information?

Hi pandiver try running the app on your phone first before plugging in the usb cable then turning on mirror link hope that works . Tried mine today, after adding a micro sd card from another phone, plugged it in. It thought I had plugged in a pen drive and started playing music so running the app must turn off the sd card. When running Sygic I tried turning on my music sd card this switched the mapping off have not tried the radio with mapping turned on. Check that you are running android 4.4.2 and that your phone has not updated itself to a newer android version and under the model version its GT-19195. Hope that helps Joe

If you have Rooted your phone that might stop the usb to link to the phone.

Anyone else thinking what I am thinking?

Should it really be like this?

It is utterly ridiculous that we are all having to try all these different ways of getting phones to talk to Mirrorlink.

Complete f#ck up Skoda - well done!

• Like 2

I'm new to all this, I ordered my Skoda Octavia Greenline three with the Bolero unit, on 6th June, it was built on 22ndJune and I collect it that's Saturday 22nd August after my dealer cocked up the paperwork twice. I have seen the car and it has a USB port underneath the Bolero unit. Does this mean mine has the new mirror link that you are all talking about please?

My pre-week 22 car (Bolero) System information.

Device part number: 5Q0035819

Hardware: H11

Software: 0138

Media Codes: 1003.113.1.15 prod

Could anyone with a post-week 22 car post their System information?

I collect my Skoda Octavis Greenline this Saturday the 22nd. I will post the info as soon as I work out how to find it!