Superb Order tracker

I must have fallen really lucky with my order - placed order with dealer on 29th January - Moon White SEL Executive 190 4x4 DSG Combi, with spare wheel, heated screen, Pegasus wheels and tow bar - and collected it on 1st April. The dealer did originally give me a delivery date of mid April, so got it a bit earlier than planned. Reading some of the horror stories on here I was fearing the worst until the dealer called to say it had arrived!  

I ordered a week before you and I'm told July 4th. What's going on? Maybe L&K and black leather as already mentioned.

Hi phil,

Have you tried calling Skoda Customer Services to see if you can find out the details on your order, might be worth a try.

• Like 1

Ordered on the 11th November 2015 & arrived 14th April 2016. Moon White 1.6 Greeline SE Business....... When it arrived it had the wrong seats in it !!!! Had ordered with black leather but arrived with the alcantara !!! Skoda's only response was to offer to take it back & order a new one which would take approx. 20 weeks ....... What do you ?!?!?

ordered 2.0 TDI CR SE L Executive, Cappuccino Beige, Black leather, Pegasus Alloy's, Park Assist Pack, LED Light Pack, Colour Dot Maxi, Variable Boot Floor on 19th Feb

Built this week (BW15) as per the schedule when ordered by the dealer.

Just confirmed today that the car has been released to port awaiting to be shipped.

Ordered on the 11th November 2015 & arrived 14th April 2016. Moon White 1.6 Greeline SE Business....... When it arrived it had the wrong seats in it !!!! Had ordered with black leather but arrived with the alcantara !!! Skoda's only response was to offer to take it back & order a new one which would take approx. 20 weeks ....... What do you ?!?!?

Money back & look for another maker !

Money back & look for another maker !

Apart from the wrong seats the car look great & i had waited a rather long time so was torn between sending it back or accepting the seats as fitted....... Don't get me wrong the seats looked great aswell they just weren't the ones I had ordered & I wasn't convinced they can take my kids testing they wear ability.... Does anybody have any view on Alcantara v. Leather in terms of kids ?? Thanks 

Apart from the wrong seats the car look great & i had waited a rather long time so was torn between sending it back or accepting the seats as fitted....... Don't get me wrong the seats looked great aswell they just weren't the ones I had ordered & I wasn't convinced they can take my kids testing they wear ability.... Does anybody have any view on Alcantara v. Leather in terms of kids ?? Thanks

Haven't got my car yet, but have kids and ordered alcantara- really on the basis that I find 100% leather a bit too slippy, and the creases make it look old very quickly. Think Alcantara will be more difficult to keep clean, but the rule will be having nothing in the car like fizzy drinks etc that will mess them up!

• Like 1

Hi phil,

Have you tried calling Skoda Customer Services to see if you can find out the details on your order, might be worth a try.

Well ade I've just wasted 10 mins of my life. Skoda could not help.

I have a 10 year old, a one year old and one on the way. We went for Alcantara for several reasons. Remember, despite looking like suede Alcantara is a man made material comprising polyester and polyurethane - both essentially plastic polymers with high wear capacity and resistance to stains and water. When we took delivery I spent a couple of days detailing the car, and once the exterior was done and the paint sealed I did the interior. The dash, door cards and leather sections of the chairs were sealed with Gtechniq C6 matt dash (UV, scratch and stain resistance). The alcantara was spritzed down with Chemical Guys Fabric Guard a few times (10 mins between coats).

The Alcantara was definitely the right choice for us. It's super short pile material, meaning dirt, hair and crumbs etc don't sink into it. It takes literally ten seconds to dust and clean each chair with a microfibre cloth before hoovering the floors (and the seams of the seats). I spilt some water on the passenger seat yesterday after buying my wife a bunch of flowers (they dripped), and thanks to the Fabric Guard the water beaded up and floated on the surface until I soaked it up with a tissue. The seat was untouched. The kids have crawled and scraped in and out of the car for nearly two weeks now, and in the case of the eldest usually caked in mud of some description. :peek:

The vinyl/leather at the back of the front seats has been caked in muck, but just wipes clean with a microfibre sprayed with APC (all purpose cleaner, eg Gtechniq W2). The Alcantara itself is still unmarked and looks immaculate, despite their abuses. I hoovered for about 30 seconds yesterday and they came up good as new. Far preferable to cheap leather imho, not to mention warmer in winter, cooler in summer and grippier on the sporty bends. :thumbup: 

Definitely don't worry about kids with Alcantara seats, but I would definitely suggest sealing them for peace of mind (about £9 and 30 mins of your time for three coats).

• Like 1

Hi Phil, no luck then, could they not track you're order?

No mate. All they told me was we can't locate your order number....but it starts with a 2.

No mate. All they told me was we can't locate your order number....but it starts with a 2.

I actually got my order no. from Skoda Customer Service, they just asked for name, address, etc and located the order no.

Strange that they could not locate you're order, did they ask for any details at all?

I gave Customer Service my name address and my S3 order details.

They couldn't find anything.

Hi Phil,

When I gave these details they were able to track my order. I might be totally wrong but may be all of NCD's dealer build slots are full and they are awaiting available slots to put an order through on.

What date again did you place order and what provisional delivery time scale have you got?

Hi Phil,

When I gave these details they were able to track my order. I might be totally wrong but may be all of NCD's dealer build slots are full and they are awaiting available slots to put an order through on.

What date again did you place order and what provisional delivery time scale have you got?

Hi ade,

Ordered February 22nd. I have been given July 4th at the dealers.

Phil.

190 L&K 4x4 hatch ordered 22nd February expected July 4th.

Hi Phil,

Found the previous thread.

Basically you are spending a lot of money, the brokers should provide the dealership and order no.

I might be totally wrong but it might be the same scenario as when I first looked at the broker route, longer lead times as they are restricted on the dealers they can use based on the discounts.

I was originally given a July/August lead time by drive the deal, ordered exactly the same spec car through my local dealer, car ready to ship looking at delivery end of this month/early May all being well!

All you want to know is a confirmed build week and when the order was processed, surely not too much to ask in this day and age!

Hi,

Just had Email from dealer telling us that our car is now sunbathing on the dock side at Emden . Took a week from leaving the production line to get to Emden-- must have pushed it by hand !

Hi,

Slightly off topic but-- Showing a friend the car holding area's at Emden -- zoomed in on Google earth ,friends comment ? thats an awful lot of white cars, do they make any other colour...................................

Great (not!). Car delivered to home Thursday. Busy so didn't look in detail at displays until ~9:00pm when I discovered Bolero unit wasn't working - no display and no response from buttons.  Still the same next morning so phoned dealer then Skoda CS. Usual (very polite) response - very sorry, never happened before, take to dealer. I pointed out fairly forcefully that after waiting 29 weeks for delivery, it was reasonable to expect a car that works properly.

Have since discovered that Bolero comes to life after ~30mins driving or standing in the sun for a few hours. It dies again morning and evening as the temperature falls. Is this a "simply clever" feature?   :thumbdown: 

To cap it off, dealer can't look at it for 8 days and needs it to be in "failed state" to fix.

Great (not!). Car delivered to home Thursday. Busy so didn't look in detail at displays until ~9:00pm when I discovered Bolero unit wasn't working - no display and no response from buttons.  Still the same next morning so phoned dealer then Skoda CS. Usual (very polite) response - very sorry, never happened before, take to dealer. I pointed out fairly forcefully that after waiting 29 weeks for delivery, it was reasonable to expect a car that works properly.

Have since discovered that Bolero comes to life after ~30mins driving or standing in the sun for a few hours. It dies again morning and evening as the temperature falls. Is this a "simply clever" feature?   :thumbdown:

To cap it off, dealer can't look at it for 8 days and needs it to be in "failed state" to fix.

Hi, "failed state" i can understand - but 8 days wait  ! hope you didnt get it from a dealer at Lands End ( or John -O-Groats ! )

Call received from my dealer this afternoon to say my car is at the German port. I didn't take the call so I rang Škoda UK Customer Services and requested the current SLi physical status code. Was advised on second time of asking that it is 38 (Vehicle in port of exit. Released to shipping). It was confirmed that the port is Emden and I was advised my car arrived there last Thursday and it can take 7-10 days to ship.

Voice message left by my dealer this morning - "Your car is now shipped". Hopefully not long to go now.