Superb Order tracker

Can somebody from Skoda please explain why there is such a big difference in the waiting times being quoted to customers

for the delivery of their new Superb ?

L&K 190 DSG 4x4 in Red (plus lots of extras!) ordered 21st August advised up to 18 weeks for delivery .

Now advised it s being built w/c 16th October and to expect delivery before the before the 30th October .

Obviously deliriously happy but people being quoted 5 months what's that all about .

• Like 1

It all depends on the specification and options ordered. Unfortunately Skoda, like most manufacturers, are not in full control of what gets to the factory when, so they have to alter their build plans according to when suppliers can get parts to the factory. There is no stock piling of parts nowadays. Most factories run a "Just In Time" scheme where parts needed for production are delivered within a few hours of being needed on the line. When they receive confirmation that all the parts for a particular order will be available then they will allocate a confirmed build slot for that car.

Ian.

• Like 1

It all depends on the specification and options ordered. Unfortunately Skoda, like most manufacturers, are not in full control of what gets to the factory when, so they have to alter their build plans according to when suppliers can get parts to the factory. There is no stock piling of parts nowadays. Most factories run a "Just In Time" scheme where parts needed for production are delivered within a few hours of being needed on the line. When they receive confirmation that all the parts for a particular order will be available then they will allocate a confirmed build slot for that car.

Ian.

Totally agree with you Ian regarding Just in Time and that they normally only have a few hours of stock on the factory floor, but is it not unreasonable to expect in this day and age of high levels of computer automation to be able to forward plan with suppliers what is required when and get it delivered just in time?? I find it hard to understand why beige interiors take longer than black interiors? Is it bad planning or is it suppliers not being sufficiently dynamic to adapt to the requirements of the customer. Just my thoughts FWIW

Edited by Simon-R
  • Like 1

Well, the dealer told me that the main source of delays these days are the moonroofs - apparently Skoda is low on those. On a sidenote, I checked the new Volvo V90 and it was the exact same situation with a certain type of interior decor ("linear walnut"), ordering that would have pushed back ETA to May 2017...

I have checked my order with SUK this morning, was told last week for an order made on 14th August that build was due for week 2/2017 but that build date is likely to be brought forward and would be confirmed this week. Today they have said it is still down for week 2/2017 but this is still not confirmed and may change. This would put the build at 21 weeks from order. I have ordered a SEL Exec Estate with lots of extras including a panoramic roof so guessing by the above comments that may be delaying my order.

Strangely SUK said to chase the dealer - no idea how that would help!

I was quoted a mid to end of December delivery when ordered but from their current plan it would be an early Feb delivery.

Totally agree with you Ian regarding Just in Time and that they normally only have a few hours of stock on the factory floor, but is it not unreasonable to expect in this day and age of high levels of computer automation to be able to forward plan with suppliers what is required when and get it delivered just in time?? I find it hard to understand why beige interiors take longer than black interiors? Is it bad planning or is it suppliers not being sufficiently dynamic to adapt to the requirements of the customer. Just my thoughts FWIW

Agreed too Simon, you would have thought it would be relatively easy to co-ordinate these parts but it would seem that just one little hiccup in the supply chain is enough to really rock the boat. The good old days of manufacturers building cars even if parts were missing, sticking them in a compound to fit the parts later on are well past. 

Ian

I have checked my order with SUK this morning, was told last week for an order made on 14th August that build was due for week 2/2017 but that build date is likely to be brought forward and would be confirmed this week. Today they have said it is still down for week 2/2017 but this is still not confirmed and may change. This would put the build at 21 weeks from order. I have ordered a SEL Exec Estate with lots of extras including a panoramic roof so guessing by the above comments that may be delaying my order.

Strangely SUK said to chase the dealer - no idea how that would help!

I was quoted a mid to end of December delivery when ordered but from their current plan it would be an early Feb delivery.

Hi Speedman

It looks like we have similar spec cars on order, which we ordered just 2 days apart. I ordered on the 16th Aug..

I have the following spec.

2.0 TDI (150)

SEL Exc Estate

Candy white paint

Panoramic sunroof

18” Modus alloys

Keyless entry

Leather upholstery

LED package

Travel assist

Canton sound

Rear camera

Sun visors

I was originally informed my build week would be Week 40. However on 28th Sep i received a call to say my build week had changed to Week 45, although there is a chance this would improve...........

Ideally i need to the Car delivered before 6th December as this is when i need to hand back my Octaiva. 

It would suggest one of us isn't been told the correct information.

Hi Speedman

It looks like we have similar spec cars on order, which we ordered just 2 days apart. I ordered on the 16th Aug..

I have the following spec.

2.0 TDI (150)

SEL Exc Estate

Candy white paint

Panoramic sunroof

18” Modus alloys

Keyless entry

Leather upholstery

LED package

Travel assist

Canton sound

Rear camera

Sun visors

I was originally informed my build week would be Week 40. However on 28th Sep i received a call to say my build week had changed to Week 45, although there is a chance this would improve...........

Ideally i need to the Car delivered before 6th December as this is when i need to hand back my Octaiva. 

It would suggest one of us isn't been told the correct information.

Interesting - as you say sounds like one of us is advised wrongly, the orders are similar, the main difference between ours is that I have gone for the 190 DSG but don't think that is the issue - don't think they have a shortage of engines or gearboxes! When I phoned SUK last week they were more optimistic that I would be looking at a build date around 20th November once it had been reviewed - which they said should have been done by now. That was last Tuesday, just over a week later it still hasn't been reviewed and they sounded less optimistic.

My situation is not the same as yours in that the actual delivery date is not that important to me - but it is just nice to know.

I ordered my car with both beige leather and panoramic roof and it took eight weeks from order to delivery. I asked five different dealers here in Sweden and they all stated the same lead time, 8-10 weeks.

One of the dealers mentioned that there had been long lead times, up to eight months, for cars ordered with the panoramic roof but the last time they noticed this was in the early spring this year. He also told me that there are planned batches of cars built with certain specs and equipment every week and that different countries have their share in thoose.

Just met the dealer. Order placed on Sept 28, build week now confirmed as the 50th, giving a total timeframe of cca 11 weeks until delivery. Far better than the 16-22 originally estimated. Magnetic brown L&K hatch, beige int, no sunroof, 220 tsi.

I've just spoken to Skoda UK and they have confirmed that my car was delivered to Emden docks on the 6th Oct, so now waiting for it to be shipped over to Sheerness.

Ordered on the 30th July and given build week of 40 at the time so all spot on so far.

Started the day with a factory build to arrive in March, ended up with a pick up date in less than two weeks!!!

I've taken an already built SE-L Exec DSG with paddles, sunroof color maxi dot and full Beige leather in business grey. Very close to what my Factory order would of been! Happy Days, roll on two weeks!!

1.4 TSI ACT SE L Exec Manual ordered July 30th, change of options about a fortnight later, built on 18th September and currently sitting at Emden docks.

Poverty Blue

Beige Alcantara

Rear view camera

Front parking sensors

Traffic Sign Recognition

Rear Window Wiper

Heated Windscreen Nozzles

Waste Bin

Colour Maxi Dot

Heated Windscreen

LED Package

Park Assist

Kessy

Pegasus Alloys

Spare Wheel

One more sleep to go. Car reached the dealer yesterday afternoon and I'm collecting it after work tomorrow. This makes me happy in my pants. Edited by Quietman37

My 2.0 TSI L&K DSG is being prepared now too! Delivered to UK last Friday then at dealer's (Birmingham) on Thursday following week. I've ordered it on 2 July, car was delayed for 3 weeks (and they explained that the reason for that was that my car got "upgraded" and got the things like frameless mirror, etc. I thought that this change was happening to all cars built after May, not a sudden change on September .. 

oh well, picking it up on Monday afternoon, can't wait!!!

Extras, I took were:

sunroof

tv tuner (I'm a geek!)

spare wheel

black leather interior

waste bin

petrol blue colour

My delaler has even sent me a photo of it, patiently waiting :)

IMG_0801.jpg

Now just to learn how to drive with DSG, and I'm all good! 

Edited by kasperoo

There was a ship from Emden to Sheerness this weekend

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:167766/imo:9218014/mmsi:255805896/vessel:GRAN%20CANARIA%20CAR/_:5d413efaf99f68cb4ec8945ba708fdef

And Skoda have confirmed that my car was on it, in fact it still is on it waiting to be unloaded.

Can't be long now!?

My 2.0 TSI L&K DSG is being prepared now too! Delivered to UK last Friday then at dealer's (Birmingham) on Thursday following week. I've ordered it on 2 July, car was delayed for 3 weeks (and they explained that the reason for that was that my car got "upgraded" and got the things like frameless mirror, etc. I thought that this change was happening to all cars built after May, not a sudden change on September .. 

oh well, picking it up on Monday afternoon, can't wait!!!

Extras, I took were:

sunroof

tv tuner (I'm a geek!)

spare wheel

black leather interior

waste bin

petrol blue colour

My delaler has even sent me a photo of it, patiently waiting :)

IMG_0801.jpg

Now just to learn how to drive with DSG, and I'm all good! 

I have had my TV for 4 1/2 years and I love it. Only annoying thing is the software fault that they have not been able to fix despite a new tuner and Columbus having been fitted, hence the software comment.

Ordered my first Superb a estate 2.0DSG candy white with a couple of "practical extras" heated windscreen that comes with heated seats even though I've got the cloth trim!! Sunset glass which I believe is needed on such a large car plus I have a mutt to go in the back and a steel spare hate the thought of a flat and ruining a tyre with the gunk you use to inflate the flat. And the DSG steering wheel which was recommended from my son he reckons it I'll help driving around built up areas, he drives a Seat Leon 2.0 with DSG

This was ordered 25/09/16 told it should arrive early December can not wait got to learn to drive a DSG and the electric handbrake

Got a call from dealer today. Build week was pushed back by 5 weeks - no explanation given. Now it is 2017w1.

Originally: Order placed on Sept 28, build week was confirmed as the 50th.

Johnsons Skoda

I think,  this dealer does not what is going on with orders.

When I ask dealer  he tell me build week 45, when ask SUK they say week 43.  

Did you get car washed by dealer or with white foil as picture show?