Superb Order tracker

On 9/17/2015 at 09:50, TONYDO said:

Great news for me from Skoda!

Just checked with the online order tracker and the status now shows 'In transit from factory to Germany Port'

That means my order should be complete in 6 weeks from order to me driving it.

That's great, TONYDO - but... where is the online order tracker? Is it Skoda's or your dealer's? 

With a potential wait up to 8 months from ordering I'm desperate for any signs of progress...!

All the best, Rob

10 hours ago, SwissRob said:

That's great, TONYDO - but... where is the online order tracker? Is it Skoda's or your dealer's? 

With a potential wait up to 8 months from ordering I'm desperate for any signs of progress...!

All the best, Rob

I'm like you SwissRob.  Is see people on here referring to trackers but I can't find any other than the "trackmyskoda" which doesn't work unless you've ordered from the dealer that set it up.  What does status 30 mean?  How do people know the car has left factory and ia at the dock?  Or on the boat? Some seem to even know which boat!!!! My dealer cant even confirm the build date other than to say it's too close to the build date to alter the spec. I'm confused! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AandOsDad said:

I'm like you SwissRob.  Is see people on here referring to trackers but I can't find any other than the "trackmyskoda" which doesn't work unless you've ordered from the dealer that set it up.  What does status 30 mean?  How do people know the car has left factory and ia at the dock?  Or on the boat? Some seem to even know which boat!!!! My dealer cant even confirm the build date other than to say it's too close to the build date to alter the spec. I'm confused! 

Absolutely! Very frustrating. I ordered on 31st March (actually the dealer already did it on 30th he told me - I just confirmed the contract on 31st) and then he told me "in 2 weeks he would know more" about build/delivery dates. I contacted him after the 2 weeks were up and he still hadn't heard, saying "in 2 weeks he should know more" again. The dealer has an excellent reputation (4.9 stars out of 5 with 72 reviews on Google) so I still trust him but will today give him notice that I want concrete info next week. And ALL the info he has. ;)

All the best, Rob

I'm also very interested in knowing if there is an online tracker that could be used to track the status of an order for a Superb, one that would work regardless of which dealer was used to place the order in the first place. Thanks in advance!

First post - hi everyone :)

Ordered a Superb Estate Exec 2.0 petrol DSG 10 days ago.  Just been notified of a week 22 build date.  Has anyone taken delivery recently who knows the average time between build and delivery?

Edited by dg360

14 minutes ago, dg360 said:

Has anyone taken delivery recently who knows the average time between build and delivery?

Hi dg360 - my Superb is still on order but my dealer told me yesterday to expect 4 weeks for delivery in Switzerland.

Order was week 13 and build is scheduled for week 28. I should get it about week 32. I am using a parallel importer so that may be a bit slower.

Hope this was helpful, ATB Rob

P.S My dealer knows of NO ONLINE TRACKER to follow progress :sadsmile:

Edited by SwissRob
Add online tracker info

I'm starting to think the online tracker is a fantasy unless order via 1 of the 2 or 3 dealers that're hooked up to the trackmyskoda site. This thread has 112pages and I've not seen anyone direct anyone else to a tracker of any sort other than the trackmyskoda one. 

What's crazy is, I suspect that a lot of buyers would pay extra to watch a live feed of the robots welding their future pride and joy together and then track it from the factory across Europe.  

I guess there is too much risk of catching a worker scratching their rear hatch or picking their nose.....

• 4 weeks later...

Order placed on the 20th of April for a MY18 Superb Sportline Estate 2.0 TSI 280 4x4 DSG in brilliant silver metallic. Order accepted by the factory on the 9th of May, confirmed to be correct and possible to be built. On the 19th of May a provisional build week has been allocated, week 38. The dealer mentioned the fact that this build week is not final and that it may change. Then there are another 3 weeks needed to have the car delivered to the dealer. So a total of at least 25 weeks, from order to delivery.

Went for a very large number of extras though:

• Rear side airbags (PE2)
  • Independent heating with remote control (PHD)
  • Tri-zone climate control (PH2)
  • 19" Vega alloy wheels (PJU)
  • Virtual pedal (PK9)
  • Heated windscreen (PKV)
  • KESSY with alarm, safe function (PK7)
  • Virtual pedal (PK9)
  • Park assist (PPA)
  • Premium WLAN with integrated high-speed LTE internet (PT2)
  • Travel assist with traffic sign recognition and display (PWD)
  • Electrically adjustable passenger's seat (P05)
  • DAB+ (QV3)
  • Columbus touchscreen satellite navigation system (RAG)
  • Media Command (RA1)
  • 230V power socket and an additional USB port (RA2)
  • Canton sound system (RA3)
  • Rear backrest release from boot (UK3)
  • Integrated tow bar (1D4)
  • Progressive steering (1N7)
  • Partition net screen (3CX)
  • Variable boot floor (3GN)
  • ISOFIX on front passenger seat (3G1)
  • Retractable parcel shelf (3U2)
  • Sunblinds for rear side windows (3Y4)
  • Heated front and rear seats (4A4)
  • Crew Protection Assistant (7W2)
  • Media command (9WX)
  • Heated windscreen washer nozzles (9T1)

Car has been ordered in France. Smart light assist with Lane assist and Blind spot detection as well as rearview camera are missing from the above as they are standard on Sportline trim level in France.

On 2017-6-3 at 19:43, LiviuV said:

Order placed on the 20th of April for a MY18 Superb Sportline Estate 2.0 TSI 280 4x4 DSG in brilliant silver metallic. Order accepted by the factory on the 9th of May, confirmed to be correct and possible to be built. On the 19th of May a provisional build week has been allocated, week 38. The dealer mentioned the fact that this build week is not final and that it may change. Then there are another 3 weeks needed to have the car delivered to the dealer. So a total of at least 25 weeks, from order to delivery.

Went for a very large number of extras though:

• Rear side airbags (PE2)
  • Independent heating with remote control (PHD)
  • Tri-zone climate control (PH2)
  • 19" Vega alloy wheels (PJU)
  • Virtual pedal (PK9)
  • Heated windscreen (PKV)
  • KESSY with alarm, safe function (PK7)
  • Virtual pedal (PK9)
  • Park assist (PPA)
  • Premium WLAN with integrated high-speed LTE internet (PT2)
  • Travel assist with traffic sign recognition and display (PWD)
  • Electrically adjustable passenger's seat (P05)
  • DAB+ (QV3)
  • Columbus touchscreen satellite navigation system (RAG)
  • Media Command (RA1)
  • 230V power socket and an additional USB port (RA2)
  • Canton sound system (RA3)
  • Rear backrest release from boot (UK3)
  • Integrated tow bar (1D4)
  • Progressive steering (1N7)
  • Partition net screen (3CX)
  • Variable boot floor (3GN)
  • ISOFIX on front passenger seat (3G1)
  • Retractable parcel shelf (3U2)
  • Sunblinds for rear side windows (3Y4)
  • Heated front and rear seats (4A4)
  • Crew Protection Assistant (7W2)
  • Media command (9WX)
  • Heated windscreen washer nozzles (9T1)

Car has been ordered in France. Smart light assist with Lane assist and Blind spot detection as well as rearview camera are missing from the above as they are standard on Sportline trim level in France.

Nice. What does the second virtual pedal do? :)

That seems very quick. Is that a new a new build car? My new car was ordered last Friday, company car so all done through ALD leasing. I was expecting about 12 weeks for delivery, as I have had in the past with Fords. This would be the first week of September, would love it to be as quick as yours.

19 hours ago, Theo67 said:

That seems very quick. Is that a new a new build car? My new car was ordered last Friday, company car so all done through ALD leasing. I was expecting about 12 weeks for delivery, as I have had in the past with Fords. This would be the first week of September, would love it to be as quick as yours.

The leasing outlet I used went above and beyond in hunting down an unallocated car in my desired model and colour (2.0 TDI Sportline in Business Grey) already built and en route to the UK. If I'd have started choosing factory options then I would have to have waited the full 12 weeks or so. I'll have to live with no front sensors or heated screen, which would've been all I'd have chosen on top of what really is a pretty well-specced car. I do get the spare wheel though, which is nice. As I've said in another thread, I really didn't want the new buttonless sat nav so am happy for that reason also.

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 01:54, knfruitbat said:

I ordered L&K 2.0L TDI 190ps Estate Black Magic, 18" Pegasus Alloys, with Black leather interior on 3rd January, don't have an order number let alone a build date.

Extras include DSG Paddles, Crew Protection + Side Airbags, Spare Wheel, Rear View Camera, Variable Boot Floor, Smart Light Assist with Lane Assist and Blind Spot Detection, Travel Assist with Sign Recognition, Heated Washer Nozzles, Tow Bar, Phone Box, Smartgate, Media Command.

Dealer claims early April but hasn't given me anything to be able to check with Skoda UK.

Well the previous order got binned. Went through a broker and their dealer in Kidderminster (not a Skoda dealer it turns out) kept stringing me along.

Contacted Skoda UK and they said that he hadn't placed the order by about 20th March. Started again with a dealer in the midlands but he wouldn't finalise the order until I had travelled to him for a test drive, apparently a requirement when customers want lots of extras, and a steering wheel knob (due to disability - but my 8yr old helped fit my current one) even though he didn't even have an L&K estate for me to test drive and I had already test driven both the petrol and diesel L&K estates. Changed to the 220ps Petrol as I do relatively low mileage and could do without the DPF problems in later life as I intend to keep it for a long while.

So ended up going through Carwow to another dealer in Scotland. They have been keeping me regularly updated with an email or a text every 10 to 14 days. When I asked about the spec changes they got the Skoda release paperwork and mailed me a pdf of the changes. Order finalised at the end of March, confirmed/accepted at beginning of April, built last week (5th June). Only change is Smartgate has been replaced by Connect which is now standard, and the Columbus unit update. Should be collecting the last week of June, finger crossed, third time lucky.

In the meanwhile my wife has been impressed by some of the cars that we have looked at, (and less than impressed by some of the alternatives) so last weekend we brought a Rapid 1.4 TSI DSG as well. Collecting on Saturday, as 11 months old, just needs a service and preparing. Totally Skoda family by the end of the month.

For your information - "FROM WEEK 23 TO WEEK 25 THE WHOLE VOLKSWAGEN GROUP IS CHANGING THE ORDERING SYSTEM OVER TO NEW SOFTWARE

["Die ganze Volkswagen Gruppe stellt KW 23 bis 25 das ganze Bestellsystem auf eine neue Software um." -- original text]

This is news from my dealer who was in contact with his Skoda representative and heard it from him.

It could perhaps go a bit quiet with updates during this time...

SwissRob 2017

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 17:32, knfruitbat said:

Well the previous order got binned. Went through a broker and their dealer in Kidderminster (not a Skoda dealer it turns out) kept stringing me along.

Contacted Skoda UK and they said that he hadn't placed the order by about 20th March. Started again with a dealer in the midlands but he wouldn't finalise the order until I had travelled to him for a test drive, apparently a requirement when customers want lots of extras, and a steering wheel knob (due to disability - but my 8yr old helped fit my current one) even though he didn't even have an L&K estate for me to test drive and I had already test driven both the petrol and diesel L&K estates. Changed to the 220ps Petrol as I do relatively low mileage and could do without the DPF problems in later life as I intend to keep it for a long while.

So ended up going through Carwow to another dealer in Scotland. They have been keeping me regularly updated with an email or a text every 10 to 14 days. When I asked about the spec changes they got the Skoda release paperwork and mailed me a pdf of the changes. Order finalised at the end of March, confirmed/accepted at beginning of April, built last week (5th June). Only change is Smartgate has been replaced by Connect which is now standard, and the Columbus unit update. Should be collecting the last week of June, finger crossed, third time lucky.

In the meanwhile my wife has been impressed by some of the cars that we have looked at, (and less than impressed by some of the alternatives) so last weekend we brought a Rapid 1.4 TSI DSG as well. Collecting on Saturday, as 11 months old, just needs a service and preparing. Totally Skoda family by the end of the month.

knfruitbat, I'm a first time poster on here and am waiting with baited breath to take delivery of my new Superb, but keep getting my build date put back. Do you mind me asking who you ordered your original Superb through? I have a feeling I'm going through the same experience as you

• Like 1

Hi Power

OK time to go public.

Yes I used Versus Vehicle Management through Autoebid originally same as you. Skoda UK confirmed no order about 2 months after origin deposit was taken.

Hope you get a better result than me. I should of had my car in March before the tax changes. Got all my money back just hassle with the delay and additional costs involved.

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/06/2017 at 11:34, knfruitbat said:

Hi Power

OK time to go public.

Yes I used Versus Vehicle Management through Autoebid originally same as you. Skoda UK confirmed no order about 2 months after origin deposit was taken.

Hope you get a better result than me. I should of had my car in March before the tax changes. Got all my money back just hassle with the delay and additional costs involved.

Hmm...

Worrying?

I ordered through autoebid last time and had no problems at all - so I have done the same this time.

Was put in touch with the same company in Kidderminster (excellent price and service from autoebid) and ordered about one month ago.

How did you check with Skoda UK? did you just ask if any cars with your spec had been ordered or did you name Versus VM?

1 hour ago, DH- Leeds said:

Hmm...

Worrying?

I ordered through autoebid last time and had no problems at all - so I have done the same this time.

Was put in touch with the same company in Kidderminster (excellent price and service from autoebid) and ordered about one month ago.

How did you check with Skoda UK? did you just ask if any cars with your spec had been ordered or did you name Versus VM?

Contacted Skoda UK told them my name, which car ordered, when and who with. They confirmed no order existed and recommended not using anyone but a Skoda dealer, but in the next sentence said they are all franchises that set their own rules and prices, so sort of destroyed their own arguments for using official Skoda dealer. As you can see from my other posts I ordered a very specific car so probably easier for them to check.

When I asked Gary (think it is just him) at Versus for Skoda order number so I could confirm with Skoda UK he went off on one. Ordered January still no order placed by March. I checked with Companies House and then checked the individuals. I think it was 6 different companies in 10 years, but please check for yourself. Karen at Autoebid knows all this and promised to look into what was going on, but seems they are still sending orders his way. On a brighter note I paid both fee and deposit on a credit card, but had no problems getting all my money back from both parties.

Even better I picked up my new car from Skoda in Ayr, Scotland last Friday,they kept in touch every few weeks, even if it was to say no news and have phoned me since to make sure I got home ok, and again to make sure I was getting on ok with the new car.

• Like 1

Pleased to say that I received an email from Gary at VVM today informing me my car was built and on the way to the UK - this seems incredibly quick - much better than the 16 or so weeks I was advised initially. Order went in around 24th May so only about 6 weeks!

I ordered a 280PS 4x4 estate in petrol blue with crew protect, smart light assist and spare wheel as options.

Rather excited! :biggrin:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, DH- Leeds said:

Rather excited! :biggrin:

Good for you! :) Fully understandable! 

Crossing the company car park today saw a new MY2017 L&K with brown leather interior that I've never seen before. I resolved to take a photo of it at lunchtime.
Unfortunately it had already gone. It was very similar to my 220PS "Style" with loads of goodies. But mine is MY2018 (yesss!). Coming in 6 weeks! 

Edited by SwissRob
Coming in 6 weeks