What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

Panicked as just realised I need the bike MOT's tomorrow as I'm doing the RTTW next Saturday when it expires. Best give it a quick once over tonight and fit the baffles back in ready for it's test at 8am tomorrow..

• Like 1

Flew through the MOT and baffles are out again. Result.

Happy days.

Did they mark it down as aftermarket exhaust? Or loud exhaust?

Where i go, the exhaust always gets marked down if it isnt standard. Doesnt matter if its baffled or not, its marked down. Says they never fail em though for a pipe

Mine are Akros and a KTM option as such have full BS and E markings. Tester only asked if I added them, when told no they were on when I bought it as a factory option he just quickly checked the markings.

He did comment when he passed it that I can go remove the baffles again with a smile. The thought had never crossed my mind

• Like 1

Been out on it today to RAF Coningsby.  One of my other interests is aeroplanes and photography of them.  Today is Families Day for 29 Squadron there and they had display flights by the synchro pair of Spitfire and Typhoon and also of the solo Typhoon.  Needed my ear plugs in and they were awesome displays.

post-127221-0-31380500-1443287415_thumb.jpg

post-127221-0-24122100-1443287436_thumb.jpg

post-127221-0-54111300-1443287484_thumb.jpg

post-127221-0-14721300-1443287727_thumb.jpg

Not too sure about the tapered plate.  For a start I cannot remember the rules now as I haven't had to for the last 16 years and to be fair I wasn't that interested before then either.  They can be found by Google if anyone is that interested.  So I am unsure if it is legal or not

It's not. Bike plates have to be two lines. Three (or one) is illegal, regardless of size.

I am fairly sure all you need to do is scrub off the release agent from the tyre

Not so. Some manufacturers don't even use release agent. "Scrubbing in" is something of a misnomer - "running in" would be a better description, the Scrubbing in period isn't just about roughing up the tyre's surface, it's about getting the bead seated properly on the rim, and bedding in the component layers of the construction. And that's from one of the head technical guys at Bridgestone, before anyone tells me it's cobblers, lol.

Dont tell striple that.....

He might don the speedos and join you for a cruise.....

Somehow, I think not, lol. I can't imagine any universe where I'd rather be enduring the misery of getting soaked on a bike in Holland than basking in sunshine on a Menorcan beach, where I was while he was getting drowned. And no speedos required - they have plenty of nude beaches there, lol.

Not to the bike, but i was at J&S earlier and saw a nice Shoei GT Air reduced to £350. Tried it on and it fit a treat. So i thought bugger it, n bought it.

Its got a built in sunvisor thing too, which ive not had before but i can see being a nice accessory, especially this time of year!

Not to the bike, but i was at J&S earlier and saw a nice Shoei GT Air reduced to £350. Tried it on and it fit a treat. So i thought bugger it, n bought it.

Its got a built in sunvisor thing too, which ive not had before but i can see being a nice accessory, especially this time of year!

J&S northwich?

Macbooks, holidays in Holland and expensive new helmet! A plumbers life is a happy one. No wonder they charge you an arm and a leg! :D

Work hard:. Get nice toys mate. The way it works (:

But yeah. Thats the last thing ill be buying for a while now haha

Edited by fabiamk2SE

Everyone needs to do that once in a while :)

Too right (:

Well ive had my other Shoei for 5 years now. The visors getting buggered n they reccommend you change every 5 years anyway dont they.

Dont even know if £350 is a good price for it tbh. But it fits well n id never buy a helmet off the tinterweb anyway. So itll have to do aha

Too right (:

Well ive had my other Shoei for 5 years now. The visors getting buggered n they reccommend you change every 5 years anyway dont they.

Arai recommend 5 years (hence their 5 year warranty), I'd guess Shoei say similar. £350 isn't unreasonable for the most important piece of safety kit you buy, especially when divided by 5 years - if you've got a £100 head, buy a £100 helmet...

Arai recommend 5 years (hence their 5 year warranty), I'd guess Shoei say similar. £350 isn't unreasonable for the most important piece of safety kit you buy, especially when divided by 5 years - if you've got a £100 head, buy a £100 helmet...

Thats it innit.

Yeah Shoei reccommend 5 years too, also matching their warranty.

I know they all pass certain tests and what not,.. And a £50 helmet might be good enough if you pop to the shops i guess. But i dont fancy it. Haha. I like to hsve good quality.. Everything haha.

All day comfort is a big must too

Was at Donny J & S the Saturday before buying some jeans to wear on the bike.  Had a look on the web first to see where they were.  Thought I knew but put it in the ****nav just in case.  Had they said it was the old Carnells place I would have known straight away as I used to go there in the 70s and 80s when they sold cars first and then bikes.

Yeah if you guys want to meet there give me a shout.

As for impulse buying well that is one of my hobbies or it is a disease?

• Like 1

Had a great ride to Gloucester to view the Honda NC750x at Thunder Road Motorcycles (formerly Bransons) and the BMW F800gt at BMW Cotswold just further down the road.

The weather was perfect for motorcycling through rural Worcesterhire and Gloucestershire. Loved it. The beauty of motorcycling.

Had a great ride to Gloucester to view the Honda NC750x at Thunder Road Motorcycles (formerly Bransons) and the BMW F800gt at BMW Cotswold just further down the road.

The weather was perfect for motorcycling through rural Worcesterhire and Gloucestershire. Loved it. The beauty of motorcycling.

It has been lovely today hasnt it!

What did you think of the Honda mate?

I like both those bikes.. But im not a big fan of a parralel twin tbh, so its not for me personally. But i can defo see the attraction.