What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

I know what a good tyres like. I like my tyres to grip well and give plenty of feedback.. The metzelers didnt do that very well. So they werent on my list of tyres that id have again.

Tyre choice is a personal choice. I fitted michelin PR3's directly after those and they were soo much better. In my opinion, of course.

Its funny what you say about people who've come to biking in recent years, because my dads been biking for nearly 40 years now, and his GSA came with metzelers. He took em on 1 trip around europe and binned em as soon as he got back.

I wouldnt fit them again.. Simpy because id have to pay for them.. Pay for them to be fitted, rhen pay for them to be taken off if i decide i dont like them, sell them for next to nothing, and pay for something decent. A big job, when i could just get somehhing i know i like.

Stop the press, front page news - All Metzelers tyres are rubbish. Shame nobody told Guy Martin or James Hillier before they joined the 132mph TT club on them, lol...

Gripping tyres I ever rode on were Metzelers - Rennsports, which were totally unnecessary for road riding, but stuck like the proverbial poop to a blanket (and we're, of course, identical to Pirelli Supercorsas, apart from tread pattern, since Pirelli and Metzelers are the same company) But, I ain't getting drawn into an Internet tyre debate - life's too short and, even in a field where as much bobbins is talked as there is in motorcycling, the subject of tyres generates more of it than pretty much any other.

I'm just glad I don't have to sell them anymore, and listen to the toss talked by most of the customers, lol - half of them didn't even know what tyres that had on their bike, most of them didn't know what they wanted, and most of those that asked for advice would then just ignore it and buy something else instead, lol. I remember one afternoon, myself and a colleague wasting a good 15 minutes with three typical sportsbike owners, who were heading off to the south of France, and wanted new Supercorsas fitted - after getting bored of trying to get it into their thick heads that it was a bad idea, that the tyres would be shagged before they even got to their destination, and that they would be better off fitting some decent sports touring rubber, then changing back to Supercorsas to prop up their egos when they got home we just thought "f**k it", took their money, and had a good chuckle at the thought of them stranded somewhere in rural France, trying to find someone to fit another three sets of Supercorsas on a Sunday afternoon, lol...

Nikwax Techwash is your friend. Oh, and a washing machine.

Cleans the road muck and dead flies off, then reproofs.

Tech wash doesn't reproof, it only washes. You need to treat with their TX Direct afterwards, if you want to reproof the outer fabric.

Tech wash doesn't reproof, it only washes. You need to treat with their TX Direct afterwards, if you want to reproof the outer fabric.

I've got these in the cupboard; I'd completely forgotten about them. Time to fire up the washing machine!

Today the weather was great for the first time in weeks and I realised only this evening that I have a bike........  :x I spent the day changing tyres from one set of alloys to another and swapping those for the steelies and getting tracking done on car, like an absolute cage monkey :(

TOMORROW is another day and come hell or high water, the ninja will be waking the neighbours :angel:  Tempted to take it to work Friday morning also, so I get to ride it home, but it does mean a 4am alarm call for all the neighbours :yawn:  

• Like 1

After 6 weeks of bathroom renovations and missing out on most of the "good" weather I have managed to clear enough space in the garage that I could actually get the bike out now. Just need to clear it of the coat of various dusts that now dull its shine and make a mental note to buy a bike cover before using the garage for cutting materials next time. Then I can take it for blast whilst avoiding nutters in breakdown trucks.

Decided that the Arrow cans were just too quiet on the Speed Triple even with the baffles out.

So the stubbying has begun!

Both are now done but just need badges/bands/caps riveted back on.

Should sound a bit better :)

20150811_204233_zps7zfykmwf.jpg

Edited by Johnny50

Not worth the money.

Yes they are. Great noise, massive weight saving, massive aesthetic improvement, healthy power increase, and only £50 more than the twin cans (if you'd bought them, that is).

• Like 1

Decided that the Arrow cans were just too quiet on the Speed Triple even with the baffles out.

So the stubbying has begun!

Both are now done but just need badges/bands/caps riveted back on.

Should sound a bit better :)

20150811_204233_zps7zfykmwf.jpg

You putting the carbon end back on?

What's MFN dude ?!!!

Yours of confused....

Middle of ****in Nowhere.

Its a place just outside Nottingham.

Like, a proper pub, but its got loads of land around it so its used for car and bike meets, amoungst other things.

Wednesday night is Bike Night (:

• Like 1

Yes they are. Great noise, massive weight saving, massive aesthetic improvement, healthy power increase, and only £50 more than the twin cans (if you'd bought them, that is).

Agree on the weight saving but with my lame skills on a bike the saving isn't noticed :D

Middle of ****in Nowhere.

Its a place just outside Nottingham.

Like, a proper pub, but its got loads of land around it so its used for car and bike meets, amoungst other things.

Wednesday night is Bike Night (:

Gotcha - sounds a bit like the Victoria pub at Coalville.

Might have to take a mosey up there to see what's what. Not that far away.