What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

Lol you're not wrong mate, thought about the pirelli angel gt but that's way too many miles for her lol

Yeah it's a cracking area, hope the weather is good so I can stretch the xrs legs.

Upon your recommendations, i think im gonna try the Angel GT's when the time comes :)

Ah i bet that XR is good on roads like that. Commanding riding position isnt it! bet it goes like stink too! 

Went to Cheddar last year but it was in the car.  We walked the route around the top of the Gorge on what was possibly the hottest day of the year......mistake!  Intend to do it on the bike next time.......the road not the walk.

Oli you idle git!  You can't be bothered to google Chris Walker for the post code!  NG31 7JY :D   You owe me cake for that.

• Like 1

Went to Cheddar last year but it was in the car.  We walked the route around the top of the Gorge on what was possibly the hottest day of the year......mistake!  Intend to do it on the bike next time.......the road not the walk.

Oli you idle git!  You can't be bothered to google Chris Walker for the post code!  NG31 7JY :D   You owe me cake for that.

Lets see what Plumb Bob wants to do and I will work with that.  If you do fancy a meet at Grantham I can sort out a bit of a ride from there if need be.

Oh! i didnt realise it was Chris Walkers, you just said Grantham. Could of been anywhere in Grantham :D

Thanks though. I'll manage on that :D

Through Derby for me i think. Should be good roads either side of there... 

Edit: bugger that. I'll go another way. Not goin through ****ty Derby. 

80 miles each way. If Dave can get there and back on one tank from his... i might stretch to getting there on 1 tank, and back on another :D

Edited by fabiamk2SE

Oli will have to put in some serious bleeding jobs to pay for your cake Chris !!!

If you go through derby you'll come out the other side on bricks mate

ahaha. I'd best get graftin... 

ahh! i know yeah! Thats when a traffic light GP really does mean something... :D

Oh! i didnt realise it was Chris Walkers, you just said Grantham. Could of been anywhere in Grantham :D

Thanks though. I'll manage on that :D

Do try and keep up mate.

So I've taken the plunge and bought a rear hugger for my VFR, hopefully it's delivered before the weekend and I can get it fitted before the Air Ambulance ride out on Sunday.

I found it on gumtree whilst looking for a Hayes manual, the chap also had a rear hugger so I had them both at a decent price. Fairly happy with my purchase! Photos to follow once arrived and fitted.

Well it looks like we have a second meet this Saturday if anyone wants to join us.

Going to meet at Chris Walker's Kawasaki showroom in Grantham at 11am for bacon buns and cake.  So far we have:-

Madrunner

Madplumber (Fabiamk2SE

Cakeychops (me)

I will be sorting out a shortish ride from there to take in refreshments elsewhere as well.  If any of you can make it it would be good to meet up and natter.

• Like 1

Shopping ? I hope its bike related you pair of girls.

Sort of... she bought 3 pairs of shoes which meant I had to extend the vario top box to get them in for the trip home. The wind blew a bit on the way back, as in fookin ell but no rain..yippee. BUT the M6 was closed jn 20-21 due to a lorry fire so had a trip via Manchester but I'm a hero as I went past the Trafford centre and didn't stop for her to shop. The Toilet needs cleaning now :'(

3d4ce97f-98db-4ef0-b3a0-6f8d0a7b9905_zps

eb7bb63d-c47d-418e-a5bf-2c4c79fba6e6_zps

d77456a8-20ce-4ceb-898d-8cc5c3d4427d_zps

Brill!

Look forward to seeing pics.

Black or colour coded?

Just a black pyramid one, mounts straight onto the existing chain gaurs. With my red bike and black wheels it should go nicely. Also going to buy a carbon fender extender for the front eventually!

• Like 1

Just a black pyramid one, mounts straight onto the existing chain gaurs. With my red bike and black wheels it should go nicely. Also going to buy a carbon fender extender for the front eventually!

Sounds nice! 

Fender Extender's are a brilliant way to keep the crap from flicking up onto the engine. 

Thats properly dirty Ade. 

How will you sleep at night until its cleaned up? :D

I'm cream crackered-only a 5 1/2 hour ride today but battling the wind, especially through the lakes with a "full load" was tiring for an old git like me so the clean will have to wait until tomorrow....plus I can spend longer doing it :yes:  

• Like 2

Tell you what Ade it must be a real bonus having them great big things stuck out the side of your bike stopping the muck from getting sprayed all over the back!  They look like cylinder heads but who would stick them out like that? :notme::D

Tell you what Ade it must be a real bonus having them great big things stuck out the side of your bike stopping the muck from getting sprayed all over the back!  They look like cylinder heads but who would stick them out like that? :notme::D

Nah, they're lower leg protectors for when you drop it :peek: The back half  half of the bike gets covered-the panniers and top box keep most of it off the rider and pillion though but it's a sod to clean :thumbdown:

• Like 1

That's what we like to see ade using it properly, sounds like an epic ride. Apart from the shopping !!

Tell me about the weather - got a stinking cold that came out of nowhere yesterday and been cutting bricks outside all day for my builder. Feel proper rubbish tonight but some sossies mash and beans has helped :-)

Going to swerve cheddar tomoz as my head is just full of snot so not ideal for a quick ride.

Looks like I'll be working on the house again then !!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear it Dave.

No point going for a quick ride full of snot. Your head wont be in the game!

House work wont help you get better. Get rested up n get the mrs running around after you ;) haa.