What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

_57_zps3qdgihm7.jpg

Whilst out with Madrunner and Madplumber on Saturday my bike was parked on the forecourt of Chris Walker's showroom and Madrunner kindly pointed out that motorists were having to go onto the other side of the road to avoid my exhaust! :devil:  

I have to agree it is a 'little' bit long and I am unsure as to how something that stupid looking was passed by the design department of Triumph.  So yesterday and today I have been researching the replacement of the mortar tube with something a little more stylish.  There is a company called Trident Exhausts who do a high level replacement that looks far better.  They also do an underseat version which looks good but is way too much money really.  http://www.trident-exhausts.co.uk/page-silencers_daytona-955.php

It looks like the exhaust goes up behind the pillion footpeg so I am assuming it may have to have some spacers that I would have expected them to provide.  I shall check with them first and also to make sure I can keep the hugger in place as I am sure it will all be a little tight for room in there. 

Just working out how much cake I need to cut out to pay for this latest extravagance!

_57_zps3qdgihm7.jpg

Whilst out with Madrunner and Madplumber on Saturday my bike was parked on the forecourt of Chris Walker's showroom and Madrunner kindly pointed out that motorists were having to go onto the other side of the road to avoid my exhaust! :devil:  

I have to agree it is a 'little' bit long and I am unsure as to how something that stupid looking was passed by the design department of Triumph.  So yesterday and today I have been researching the replacement of the mortar tube with something a little more stylish.  There is a company called Trident Exhausts who do a high level replacement that looks far better.  They also do an underseat version which looks good but is way too much money really.  http://www.trident-exhausts.co.uk/page-silencers_daytona-955.php

It looks like the exhaust goes up behind the pillion footpeg so I am assuming it may have to have some spacers that I would have expected them to provide.  I shall check with them first and also to make sure I can keep the hugger in place as I am sure it will all be a little tight for room in there. 

Just working out how much cake I need to cut out to pay for this latest extravagance!

I see shares in Mr Kipling have just gone down 5%.....

• Like 1

Mr Kipling!  Go and wash your mouth out. :x   'I' am a cake connoisseur I will have you know.  So none of that mass produced rubbish for me thank you very much.  I only frequent the establishments where they take great care, pride and time in making the cakes they have on offer.  I would say ask Madrunner and Oli but of course we didn't get cake last Saturday.

• Like 2

Theres always next time Chris!

Ive been asked to attend a funeral ride today, for the poor guy who died last Thursday. A Jaguar pulled out on him and unfortunately pronounced dead at the scene.

Very said indees. Ive worked for his daughter and knew his son from school, didnt know him personally but my old man did.

Not done anything like that before, but im hoping me and the T will be there to follow the convoy to the church. (I must remember to fill up with fuel first...).

Seemed a well liked bloke around here, so im hoping it will be a big turn out for him!

Edited by fabiamk2SE

Quite a few of us went across to Boston last year to ride behind the funeral procession.  It was a rider in his late 50s killed by a women doing a U turn in traffic.  His family put out a request on Facebook for riders to come along and I think there was about 100 or so turned up.  We just did the ride to the crem and then left rather than stay for the funeral itself as none of us knew him.  Before we left the village to head off to Boston his daughter and son came out to where were meeting and thanked us all for turning up and said that their Dad would have been delighted with the turnout.  Very emotional stuff.

So good luck with that Oli.

• Like 1

What did I do to my bike today?.......................I bought a new one!

It's a BMW F700gs Rallye with comfort seat for my botty box.

Ended up sorting a good deal with Cotswold BMW after rejecting a rather poor deal offered by Blade BMW.

More than happy with my choice and my deal. It was actually a little better than I anticipated.

It appears that delivery will be 6 weeks, or thereabouts.

• Like 2

Quite a few of us went across to Boston last year to ride behind the funeral procession.  It was a rider in his late 50s killed by a women doing a U turn in traffic.  His family put out a request on Facebook for riders to come along and I think there was about 100 or so turned up.  We just did the ride to the crem and then left rather than stay for the funeral itself as none of us knew him.  Before we left the village to head off to Boston his daughter and son came out to where were meeting and thanked us all for turning up and said that their Dad would have been delighted with the turnout.  Very emotional stuff.

So good luck with that Oli.

Thats nice for him isnt it. Bikers pulling together eh! 

I do hope the turn out for Mark's is as good as that. 100 bikers following would be nice for him. I'm up for anything like that tbh, if its what they'd of wanted, its well worth an hour of our time i think :)

Ended up sorting a good deal with Cotswold BMW after rejecting a rather poor deal offered by Blade BMW.

More than happy with my choice and my deal. It was actually a little better than I anticipated.

Brilliant news. Nice one mate! 

I bet you're well excited! i would be :D

• Like 1

Cheers Chris. It was good fun looking around for a bike but I'm glad it is sorted now.

As an aside, there is a really brilliant motorcycle 2 day race event at Castle Combe again this year. The link is below.

The racing is fabulous, and includes bikes of all ages and genres. It's worth going just to listen to the old British single cylinder machines giving it beans. A weekend ticket just £20. Day entry £10 Saturday and £12 Sunday. See below:

http://www.castlecombemotorcycling.co.uk/

• Like 1

Nice one, glad you got the deal you were after. Photo's will be required of course!

• Like 2

just moulding the R&G earplugs into my ears. 

So 15 minutes of hearing myself breathe then... then i realised Cant Pay We'll Take It Away is on, and i like watching that. Bummer :D:D.