What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

On 18/01/2019 at 11:28, bonelorry said:

Treat the ZX10R to an Exhaust, Went for the Quality option and Just waiting for it to arrive...

Akrapovic BSB Style Carbon/Titanium Hexagonal Can
Akrapovic Optional Titanium Link Pipe (Removes OEM CAT)

Plan is to fit the Can but retain the OEM CAT until the Bike is out of Warranty, Then if I feel the desire for a bit more Power then remove the OEM CAT and fit the Titanium Link Pipe and then get the ECU reflashed OR fit a Rapid Bike EVO Module.

Bearing in mind these are a 200BHP at the Crank Bike out of the box they also have to meet Euro 4 Emission Regs for manufacturing Laws but as Motorcycles are not tested for Emissions as part of the MOT removing the CAT is no issue legally.

The OEM CAT weighs quite a lot, I think I read that the difference between the Akro Can/link Pipe and the OEM items is about 10KG! It puts the ZX10R down to around 195KG Fully Fuelled. Apparently the Stock Fuel Map is very reserved too Again for Emmisions So removing the CAT and getting the ECU Custom Mapped makes a huge difference, They also make alterations to the Ignition Map, Secondary Butterflies Which smoothens the Throttle and Blank off the Pair Valves on the Airbox.

Most Bikes I have seen that are De-Catted/Remapped are making 20BHP More across the Mid-Range and 12-15BHP more Peak and circa 190BHP at the Wheel.

I have to admit, When I had a ZX10R on loan last August I never felt it lacking anywhere it was phenomenal but the general consensus from pretty much everyone on the ZX10R Owners Clubs is to ditch the OEM CAT as it totally transforms the Bike. 

Whip it all out n get it flashed ;)  

difference is prob less noticeable at max power but more noticeable on the mid range (where you actually use it most the time isnt it) and smoother fuelling. 

Just had a call from my brother saying he's had his left pannier stolen from his new Z1000SX. He'd called in at a shop on his way to work, came out less 5 mins later to find it gone and only a dirty mark across his seat presumably from a tool. If you see anything being advertised, especially around Leeds, please let me know however I think it will be another owner who has damaged theirs and taken his. 

16 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Just had a call from my brother saying he's had his left pannier stolen from his new Z1000SX. He'd called in at a shop on his way to work, came out less 5 mins later to find it gone and only a dirty mark across his seat presumably from a tool. If you see anything being advertised, especially around Leeds, please let me know however I think it will be another owner who has damaged theirs and taken his. 

******s arent they. Bet they arent cheap, let alone whatever was in it. 

Ill keep an eye out on the facebook pages but like you say, prob an owner thats scuffed theres. Esp if colour coded

Only had some cheap waterproof over trousers in it. He’s just furious that they were so easily removed and now he’ll have to buy another as his excess probably wont cover it and it would bump up his renewal if he does. 

On 29/01/2019 at 11:08, fabiamk2SE said:

Whip it all out n get it flashed ;)  

difference is prob less noticeable at max power but more noticeable on the mid range (where you actually use it most the time isnt it) and smoother fuelling. 

Yes I am definitely going to, Just need to do a few Miles on it as it is. Bearing in mind its only done 30 Miles since it had the Gearbox done under the Kawasaki Recall I don't want to get it straight onto a Dyno!

By the time the Warranty runs out I should be used to the Bike and be confident its spot on Mechanically, Then I will get the Link Pipe fitted and Remapped! 

• Like 1

On 29 January 2019 at 12:15, CWARD said:

That's terrible. I have the 2017 model with panniers and thought as they're locked with the ignition key, that they'd be harder than that to steal. If it was targeted to replace a crashed box, I imagine it was also stolen to match the colour and if. they broke the lock and will simply refit It with the lock from the crashed pannier. They're about £600 retail a pair. 

• Like 1

The 'improved' seat on the 2017 model wasn't as comfortable as my 1995 VFR 750 after about an hour or so. Therefore to make it more rideable,  I've just had my Z1000 SX seat built up around the thigh area and customised with green stitching. It's got Battleaxe tyres that are about 5000 miles old and just losing the tread on the middle of the rear, plenty left otherwise but not even sure it's still legal.  I haven't got a lot of confidence in the front end in the damp and I've heard that Michelin Pilots are good. Any views on these? 

image.jpeg

4s weren’t that good but the 5 is supposed to be a lot better. I went Metz Roadtec 01’s last time and very impressed. I’m usually a fan of Michelin’s myself but the Metz gave faultless but can’t comment on their mileage yet. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Redboy said:

The 'improved' seat on the 2017 model wasn't as comfortable as my 1995 VFR 750 after about an hour or so. Therefore to make it more rideable,  I've just had my Z1000 SX seat built up around the thigh area and customised with green stitching. It's got Battleaxe tyres that are about 5000 miles old and just losing the tread on the middle of the rear, plenty left otherwise but not even sure it's still legal.  I haven't got a lot of confidence in the front end in the damp and I've heard that Michelin Pilots are good. Any views on these? 

image.jpeg

Looks good that! Time will tell if its improved i guess? 

Ive had PR3’s and PR4’s. I think the 3’s sre better than the 4’s tbh but both very good. No lack of grip just more feel with the 3’s which made them more confidence inspiring. 5’s are out now which are the latest best apparently. 

I have Roadtec 01’s personally. Which have won against 5’s in some reviews ive read. 

I just stuck with what i know. Its a pain getting a new tyre and not 100% liking it

Edited by fabiamk2SE
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Redboy said:

image.jpeg

Where did you get your seat done? I like the look of that, a lot.

Ed is the guy who does it at Core Motorcycle Nettleham Lincoln. Look them up on Facebook, check out the huge variety of custom seats. Very quick. No gel, he builds up the seat with foam. Leave a message on FB/Messenger and he'll respond within the day. 

Couple more little jobs done on the ZX10R...

: Re-Routed the Optmiser Lead to underneath the Rear Seat Cowl
: Removed OEM Pillion Footpegs
: Fitted Evotech Exhaust Hanger and Footpeg Blanking Plate
: Fitted Akrapovic Carbon/Titanium Can

46958756201_859cb39415_c.jpg

46958757041_1fa2e7e710_c.jpg

• Like 1

I've fitted an Innovv C5 Camera to the GSA to use as in "Dash Cam ****er" mode, seems pretty impressive so far, also an Akrapovic can along with a couple of other tweeks. 

On 02/02/2019 at 16:35, fluffmeister said:

I've fitted an Innovv C5 Camera to the GSA to use as in "Dash Cam ****er" mode, seems pretty impressive so far, also an Akrapovic can along with a couple of other tweeks. 

Does this have GPS mode too for speed etc like a normal dash cam?

35 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

And this weekend I built the frame, the swing arm, and the half-moulded plastics. Now leave those to set before cleaning up the joint lines...

This build is nothing without pictures, especially one with you getting your knee down on it when it's built :)

14 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Does this have GPS mode too for speed etc like a normal dash cam?

No GPS Mode, but not sure I'd actually want that :)

Here's some footage from Bruce aka Teapot one, the guy who went round the world on a GSXR1000 :)

• Like 2