What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

Rode this at the weekend.

8UBXcqtMIiVSlWUTV3wW3B0XxH0N3-XD0Q77ugwmXd1SQ6RLOrsmp7GOlc6Gje3rflGdncbbjSOv0LuR90WqZ8NbAK1AlkGGRCWMl9XWpH2akT1AxUMOFoL-b3UZgqMTo52fVCgbJzpUMpRlM6ipR64182UloDzJpFdnEEJQZo7pNBW0TlJjRlTS-H09kCDsm5fpb5inrSzZuulZTEzvXZAsS68TpWyWWYSq_y45JJXtNxLprUPcLoa1VPM2SoMGRS3tSfmueyOyZen95P9_xFPdJL6DOgA6EMRCtQ_rY_r4plXro3NXaO8QAvvGFnVLzcSdKNH4OmxqZrUl7Gbjt7heNCocgb-crOySXS1TRzBoPLTBdRwSWNQas96v5fIs3ummQkyVEWvq7NAsazxDGHGMn62a3un2w56nnHqSZCs3OzapQ3uCMYRMesMQQFf7q4zWjfDkr7koaLkMSqDzsI98G6KWsm0gAxpg9AFKjMRUaENgPSaeZeZsSnySzNJKEaC8Qxt51CE4KydL2eAfQ_khY97sIpzfJfSj6qdvabZyMcZlON8xJJNm5nd-PtgJZBps3vFVZRp-buVtPlMTDD2WsnZNq-GkEiRVWqtYkrnCZjIUIiNrV6mW419bpnp2ZuKNelf3cvYkvy9vkcAS_KfDNscdl-Fc=w952-h536-no

G9bxOzLBcYa-916Mf7Fsx2ZDRivMVvF61CCFsygab7_w4Tmgh_NIYt5QlZ3qQaAbgAgvo7ZG_DOL1n65xduveJufGrxgsWTbEIOlaCWrNplgev-joOovcRfDneOOj59p0DJFIcMlOVcF3CD1o4Mq2Tf8zKilm5JfhPxdLXJv2zOkQsV6uZd2KEbw4FLJhF6UTPFI2DPOFIIPRWuAeoqzzkjp5Zma9viKvaZqHeWHQX-9jyLknC-NmjyfbW5irxLBbKN-T-cqS-mBcuqM1ZRjc7tdYk3FdswIfcd72QRAIVOJtT3TSAXyjssc5Hc4QIOziAGkflB4WgVLRf8jJTiJ-lVRgNAHfRSk4G7NgN8umZiOhIwIv9Ep9OYO9uYzr-BewGDs1khAUNYGl_ichuBhehNVnRkVrXxw-ysFucBKOHDoGezFdlMxkT2k7sNdH6RbG2oEM3hHi7d6I3gHiB0N_O-CXCVLNlDJ5sNqE3IE3Sj8Iq6NYOnr2QunHVkdphc5rG7qFniXZX-pnglt0oHi3juhmZixqd36VJ43go8BpakMLQT9y4m8rB0uI-XOi0-WgunmsRAevXl7TYCypCE6S9EQiA3mO2w0oKS78DQC4HzVK4vbasU8syNzmsXb2biZWclYWao5ddCIK-KD1u8zio_ykeurF8fp=w486-h648-no

I realised that it was the first time I've had genuine fun on a bike in years.

Turns out that I've simply been impressed by or in awe of the ever increasing technical marvels that I've been riding rather than actually having fun.

Not quick, no quickshifter, no linked brakes, no GPS, no semi-active suspension, no wheelie assist...

Just a simple, easy to ride bike that had me searching out b-roads, unclassified roads and jumping into puddles like a 2 year old with new wellies.

I may just have to get back to basics

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Simply bikes are a joy to ride, at half the speed they still feel fast   

It didn't feel fast, but all the performance was accessible, and I was happy to throw it around, ride up the verge without worrying.

Trying to work out the pannier solution now. The chap that did the magic so I could fit Givis to my R1200R is happy to do similar on the Triumph so I've got to admit that I'm sorely tempted

25 minutes ago, silverden said:

What happened to the mirror   ;)

I tried to adjust it and it came loose at the mounting. It needed spanners to tighten it up, which I didn't have so I took it off to stop it waving around

5 hours ago, Chunk11 said:

Lovely looking bike! Have you been out on it yet?

No I collect it next Week,

Bought it from Barrie Robson BMW in York, They are Servicing and MOT'ing the Bike this Week and due to work commitments I cannot get over to collect it anyway so its no problem.

Its only done 2100 Miles and even though it was Serviced at 1500 Miles it was March 2018 so is due a Service on Interval.

On 09/04/2019 at 13:24, bonelorry said:

Nearly but with one less R.

Decided to have a break from full on Superbikes and went for a 2016 S1000R Sport...

40604819233_54d76a3e99_c.jpg

47570758131_e539dcc588_c.jpg

32628319677_9eedfb27f5_c.jpg

32628319747_40e2f2986b_c.jpg

Thats stunning mate. Top stuff. 

Id be interested to hear how you get on with it. Its a bike i was looking at last time i changed. Still on the list for next time! 

• Like 1

On 15/04/2019 at 09:35, fabiamk2SE said:

Thats stunning mate. Top stuff. 

Id be interested to hear how you get on with it. Its a bike i was looking at last time i changed. Still on the list for next time! 

Thanks buddy,

I collected it on Wednesday Morning, Excellent Service from Barrie Robsons in York.

Rode it the 50 Miles back from York to Sheffield and headed straight home via Sherburn, Ferrybridge and Pontefract so stayed off the A1/M1. I wanted to to stay out and do some more Mileage but my body wouldn't let me and I needed sleep :sleepy: I finshed my last Night Shift at 5am Wednesday morning, Had about 2 Hours Sleep and headed over to York by Train to collect the Bike and I was struggling a bit but it was the only time I had to collect it.

What I can tell you is that so far I am totally blown away with it and already cannot wait until my next ride out, As its a Sport Model it has 4 x Power Modes and based on everything I had read on the owners club I put it straight into Dynamic Mode with the Normal Suspension Setting before setting off back. Totally comfortable and already I am riding it quicker than the ZX10R especially on lower speed twisty sections with a new Rear Tyre too Which I think the seating and Handlebar positions play a big part in due to how easy it is to flick about with minimal effort, Its quick too...Very quick and I have come from a 200BHP Bike to the BMW which has 160BHP however it has much lower Gearing and although makes similar Peak Torque makes more Torque from a much lower RPM and across a broader RPM range which is where you actually want it on the Road.

In-Gear Acceleration from any revs was brutal and the Quickshifter is sublime, I was mindful of the New Rear Tyre so kept my Throttle applications smooth and fed the Power in but from Videos I have seen they well lift the Wheel in the first 3 Gears with no effort if that floats your boat :D

Oh and I averaged 44MPG too on Shells Finest V-Power.

Will report again as I get some more Mileage but as you can probably tell first impressions are very good.

I had a few Hours pampering the Bike yesterday in the Garage and did the following...

Removed the Belly-Pan, Fairings and Tank Panel to Clean behind everything
: Polished the Entire Exhaust System
: Applied ACF-50 to the Headers and Collector Area
: Fitted an Evotech Radiator and Oil Cooler Guard, Much better quality than the R&G offerings
: Fitted some Evotech Paddock Stand Bobbins
: Fitted a Pair of New Genuine BMW S1000RR Side Panels, These sit just below the Tank and are Silver as you can see in the Pictures above but the S1000RR items are Black ;)
: Fitted an Oxford Optimiser Lead, Routed to under Pillion Seat

The Bike already has a Genuine BMW Sport Screen and Tank Protector fitted from the previous owner.

I don't really have any other plans for it other than to enjoy it, I might consider an ilmberger Carbon Front Mudguard and matching Carbon Hugger at some point but just toying with ideas as I want to keep it OEM really. Everything done so far is purely functional and not chavvy in any way.

A bit out of the blue but still Bike related I am possibly getting a Second Bike which is a bit of a Classic and a Bike I have always lusted after owning since my Teenage Years, My Dad has a small collection of Bikes but has just purchased a 1997 Honda CBR900RR-V FireBlade in Yellow/Purple and having covered just 10000 Miles and is apparently Immaculate and up-to my standards. However my Dad already has 2 X FireBlades but has seen something else he wants so I have offered to buy it from him and he is mulling it over so we shall see.

Edited by bonelorry
  • Like 2

Despite having owned and ridden bikes of similar power to the S1000R and ZX10R, I am today hugely excited to be collecting a new bike with a mere 65bhp  :-)

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Gyp said:

Cheers - I hope so.

Next step is a home brewed ridiculous luggage system :-)

Soft luggage with a simple tube frame to keep them in place and away from the exhaust. Is the rear mudguard steel?

Couple of snaps with a few Bits fitted...

Went out for a few Hours this Afternoon into Derbyshire, Total Hooligan Bike but Totally capable with it. You can really have your Cake and eat it with this Bike, I think its the first time I have ever overtaken a Car in 3rd Gear on a Bike on just One Wheel :blink: 

I am struggling to think of a single negative about this Bike...

46730323175_049a0863fd_c.jpg

47646018841_0d2105e807_c.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Soft luggage with a simple tube frame to keep them in place and away from the exhaust. Is the rear mudguard steel?

Not daft enough.

I'm thinking of a pair of Givi E360 panniers on asymmetric frames. It'll be wide, but probably not as wide as my old BMW F650 single which, with BMW luggage, was 1.2m wide.

7 hours ago, bonelorry said:

Couple of snaps with a few Bits fitted...

Went out for a few Hours this Afternoon into Derbyshire, Total Hooligan Bike but Totally capable with it. You can really have your Cake and eat it with this Bike, I think its the first time I have ever overtaken a Car in 3rd Gear on a Bike on just One Wheel :blink: 

I am struggling to think of a single negative about this Bike...

I tried one a while back. The negative thing I was easily able to say about it was that I'd overtaken a car at 120 on one wheel with no deliberate intention to do so!

• Haha 1

On 19/04/2019 at 06:48, bonelorry said:

Thanks buddy,

I collected it on Wednesday Morning, Excellent Service from Barrie Robsons in York.

Rode it the 50 Miles back from York to Sheffield and headed straight home via Sherburn, Ferrybridge and Pontefract so stayed off the A1/M1. I wanted to to stay out and do some more Mileage but my body wouldn't let me and I needed sleep :sleepy: I finshed my last Night Shift at 5am Wednesday morning, Had about 2 Hours Sleep and headed over to York by Train to collect the Bike and I was struggling a bit but it was the only time I had to collect it.

What I can tell you is that so far I am totally blown away with it and already cannot wait until my next ride out, As its a Sport Model it has 4 x Power Modes and based on everything I had read on the owners club I put it straight into Dynamic Mode with the Normal Suspension Setting before setting off back. Totally comfortable and already I am riding it quicker than the ZX10R especially on lower speed twisty sections with a new Rear Tyre too Which I think the seating and Handlebar positions play a big part in due to how easy it is to flick about with minimal effort, Its quick too...Very quick and I have come from a 200BHP Bike to the BMW which has 160BHP however it has much lower Gearing and although makes similar Peak Torque makes more Torque from a much lower RPM and across a broader RPM range which is where you actually want it on the Road.

In-Gear Acceleration from any revs was brutal and the Quickshifter is sublime, I was mindful of the New Rear Tyre so kept my Throttle applications smooth and fed the Power in but from Videos I have seen they well lift the Wheel in the first 3 Gears with no effort if that floats your boat :D

Oh and I averaged 44MPG too on Shells Finest V-Power.

Will report again as I get some more Mileage but as you can probably tell first impressions are very good.

I had a few Hours pampering the Bike yesterday in the Garage and did the following...

Removed the Belly-Pan, Fairings and Tank Panel to Clean behind everything
: Polished the Entire Exhaust System
: Applied ACF-50 to the Headers and Collector Area
: Fitted an Evotech Radiator and Oil Cooler Guard, Much better quality than the R&G offerings
: Fitted some Evotech Paddock Stand Bobbins
: Fitted a Pair of New Genuine BMW S1000RR Side Panels, These sit just below the Tank and are Silver as you can see in the Pictures above but the S1000RR items are Black ;)
: Fitted an Oxford Optimiser Lead, Routed to under Pillion Seat

The Bike already has a Genuine BMW Sport Screen and Tank Protector fitted from the previous owner.

I don't really have any other plans for it other than to enjoy it, I might consider an ilmberger Carbon Front Mudguard and matching Carbon Hugger at some point but just toying with ideas as I want to keep it OEM really. Everything done so far is purely functional and not chavvy in any way.

A bit out of the blue but still Bike related I am possibly getting a Second Bike which is a bit of a Classic and a Bike I have always lusted after owning since my Teenage Years, My Dad has a small collection of Bikes but has just purchased a 1997 Honda CBR900RR-V FireBlade in Yellow/Purple and having covered just 10000 Miles and is apparently Immaculate and up-to my standards. However my Dad already has 2 X FireBlades but has seen something else he wants so I have offered to buy it from him and he is mulling it over so we shall see.

Brilliant. I think the lifting of the front so easily is a naked bike thing isnt it, not leant over forward as much. Have to watch the SP as thats keen too. Tuono used to be a case of make sure its pointing the right way first as you lose steering as soon as you gun it :D 

it certainly looks the business! Heard nothing but good things those engines, esp in that form and XR form. 

Good stuff on retiring to get kip though. Riding that thing on no sleep could quite easily go tits up :D 

i didnt realise it was used by the pics. Looks brand new! 

Edited by fabiamk2SE
  • Like 1

200 miles bosched off around wales yesterday on the SP. loved it. Lovely day for it. 

As you'd expect, some proper kittenss on bikes out and loads of traffic cars + camera vans too. So kept within the speed limits until snowdonia national park where it was ofc much quieter. 

Ponderosa had 2 Beemer traffic cars sat in hidden laybys. All very sneaky so no doubt some caught out. Got overtaken by plenty which i couldn't understand given the massive presence. 

10 hours ago, fabiamk2SE said:

200 miles bosched off around wales yesterday on the SP. loved it. Lovely day for it. 

As you'd expect, some proper kittenss on bikes out and loads of traffic cars + camera vans too. So kept within the speed limits until snowdonia national park where it was ofc much quieter. 

Ponderosa had 2 Beemer traffic cars sat in hidden laybys. All very sneaky so no doubt some caught out. Got overtaken by plenty which i couldn't understand given the massive presence. 

So many traffic cops out around Silverstone today and lots of unmarked cop cars nicking lots.  Sunday working.

11 hours ago, lol-lol said:

So many traffic cops out around Silverstone today and lots of unmarked cop cars nicking lots.  Sunday working.

Pain in the arse isnt it. Takes the fun out of it being watched so much :D 

They'll get them on the way out when they set off like theyre on the bsb grid :D