What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

100% out of manors I never take the bike to work if I am starting early (which is most mornings), as the bike is far from quiet and I would disturb everyone in my park. On my 2 days off this week yesterday and today, I've seen nothing but ignorance of neighbours in and out in cars constantly visitors in and out every 15 min it's unreal, never this busy normally. So as of 0530 tomorrow morning, the ninja will be popping and spluttering to life and WILL wake every single mother trucker in the place up I can assure you! This will be my mode of transport for commuting now for the next week or more as such. I only wish it would be darker so they could see the flames that will be emitted. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nice to have a catch up read on here, its been a while since ive been on! 

you all keeping well then? Keeping the bikes away during lockdown or going for cheeky rides? 

not much changed here, mostly still working on the house. I did purchase a pre reg 69 plate honda monkey in December. It moved into the house before i did :D   Done a few bits to that but nothing major. Transparent cam cover, takegawa decat system etc. 

I keep looking at the 2020 ninja 1000sx. Anybody taken one out? 

• Like 1

Fitted a radiator guard that has the MT07 and Yamaha Darkside letterong/grpahic on it, in red to match the bike.

It seemed to require the air deflectors each side to be removed and the plastic bolt they used are not ideal for holding the rad guard so wil get some stringer ones.

Anyone experience overheating or different/off characteristics and fitting such a stone guard ?

2 hours ago, lol-lol said:

Fitted a radiator guard that has the MT07 and Yamaha Darkside letterong/grpahic on it, in red to match the bike.

It seemed to require the air deflectors each side to be removed and the plastic bolt they used are not ideal for holding the rad guard so wil get some stringer ones.

Anyone experience overheating or different/off characteristics and fitting such a stone guard ?

sounds good. Strange the way some manufacturers seem to want you to attach them. R&g ones come with cable ties sometimes. Shocking. 

I’ve never had overheating problems because of a rad guard. It is England so not that warm. Ive only really had cooling fans kick in when stationary or in slow moving traffic.. which a guard wouldnt effect anyway because theres no air movement. 

1 hour ago, fabiamk2SE said:

sounds good. Strange the way some manufacturers seem to want you to attach them. R&g ones come with cable ties sometimes. Shocking. 

I’ve never had overheating problems because of a rad guard. It is England so not that warm. Ive only really had cooling fans kick in when stationary or in slow moving traffic.. which a guard wouldnt effect anyway because theres no air movement. 

And R&G is one of the western higher priced options I thought.

My rad guard only cost £21 compared to 35 and 50 quid ones I have seen.

It looks well made and I got it via Amazon but only time will tell if it starts to corrode but then even some of the bikes fittings do that after a couple of years.

Delkavic exhaust, luggage carriers and panniers all planned, 12v outlet too. 

Edited by lol-lol

26 minutes ago, lol-lol said:

And R&G is one of the western higher priced options I thought.

My rad guard only cost £21 compared to 35 and 50 quid ones I have seen.

It looks well made and I got it via Amazon but only time will tell if it starts to corrode but then even some of the bikes fittings do that after a couple of years.

Delkavic exhaust, luggage carriers and panniers all planned, 12v outlet too. 

Sounds good.  I cant remember seeing you’d bought an mt07 tbh. Maybe its my memory! 

is it a Tracer or the naked one? 

how are you finding it compared to the R3? 

32 minutes ago, fabiamk2SE said:

Sounds good.  I cant remember seeing you’d bought an mt07 tbh. Maybe its my memory! 

is it a Tracer or the naked one? 

how are you finding it compared to the R3? 

Tracer.

Looking at getting a higher screen too.

Well they are both parallel twin 4 strokes.

Tracer is more long legged off course.

Still very light.

Seat could be more comfortable, someone said wear cycle shorts to help prevent bum ache.

I like the radical red colour.

Not so keen on the 2020 led lights version.

Loved the 900 tracer but the performance is insane and i would probably lose my licence or life on it.

Wish there was an r4 or r5 twin but tracer is very nice and want to do the Worcester to Devon trip after lockdown ends.

Edited by lol-lol

27 minutes ago, StevesTruck said:

Made a cheeky offer on a couple of NT700's in case any sellers are getting desparate. I like my 650, but it's old and scruffy, so an upgrade wouldn't go amiss. 

Quality machines the Hondas but a bit heavy for me.  I did have a CB900FZ manh years ago and a TR1 but I prefer light middleweight.

Massive tank on the NTs, would give the Tracer a good challenge for 200 mile plus range.

£99 a month on PCP and no MOTs so seemed like a good time to swap in the R3.

0 to 60 in 3.5 or less is very nice not that I have yet as running in is being inhibited by lockdown 

Insurance was only very slightly more than R3 so very cheap.

Edited by lol-lol

Ref my last post: I indeed took it to work at silly o'clock and made a lot of noise in the process, was a dull cold morning then brightened up but rained for first time in weeks and on way home got all manky! In other 636 news, it may be sold 'again' shortly and on the hunt for something else..... What to get???? 

pic.jpg

2 hours ago, lol-lol said:

Tracer.

Looking at getting a higher screen too.

Well they are both parallel twin 4 strokes.

Tracer is more long legged off course.

Still very light.

Seat could be more comfortable, someone said wear cycle shorts to help prevent bum ache.

I like the radical red colour.

Not so keen on the 2020 led lights version.

Loved the 900 tracer but the performance is insane and i would probably lose my licence or life on it.

Wish there was an r4 or r5 twin but tracer is very nice and want to do the Worcester to Devon trip after lockdown ends.

they are a nice bike. A mates got one for touring on, well chuffed with it. Good on fuel, enough power for touring and ended up getting £50 back when he traded his MT10 in for it 😂

Yeah the 900’s are quick enough but they don’t egg you on so much so good for the read. I did 10k on my tracer 900 but only managed 4k in 2 years on the SP due to house renovation and work commitments. Need to change that this year! 

3 hours ago, StevesTruck said:

Made a cheeky offer on a couple of NT700's in case any sellers are getting desparate. I like my 650, but it's old and scruffy, so an upgrade wouldn't go amiss. 

might aswel try it mate. There will be plenty trying to free up some cash i suspect at the moment 

Fubar ...Ref my last post: I indeed took it to work at silly o'clock and made a lot of noise in the process, was a dull cold morning then brightened up but rained for first time in weeks and on way home got all manky! In other 636 news, it may be sold 'again' shortly and on the hunt for something else..... What to get???? 

If you can manage this? 

837244503_Tiger.thumb.jpg.6d9cfb32d7b439fb3f0796af7e9bd35c.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Carlodiesel said:

If you can manage this? 

Could be too close to my old Z1000SX, have no idea what sort to go for, maybe 2? Really would like to get another ZZR1200 as a touring weapon and something silly for trackdays etc. A long way off being able to risk letting any money loose with all that's going on though. A new car will have to come before bikes also 😞

On 03/05/2020 at 09:50, lol-lol said:

No overheating at all, I wouldn't ever fit an R&G Radiator Guard though as they are not great quality nor are they a great fit....Usually supplied with Cable Ties.

Evotech are the best in my opinion, Real quality item and fit perfect. They look OEM.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Carlodiesel said:

Fubar ...Ref my last post: I indeed took it to work at silly o'clock and made a lot of noise in the process, was a dull cold morning then brightened up but rained for first time in weeks and on way home got all manky! In other 636 news, it may be sold 'again' shortly and on the hunt for something else..... What to get???? 

If you can manage this? 

i test rode one of those. Engines brilliant amd its good when on the move but christ triumph didnt keep the weight low did they 

2 hours ago, bonelorry said:

No overheating at all, I wouldn't ever fit an R&G Radiator Guard though as they are not great quality nor are they a great fit....Usually supplied with Cable Ties.

Evotech are the best in my opinion, Real quality item and fit perfect. They look OEM.

completely agree. Same experience here. I went with evotech on the SP and its well made. Recommended. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Long story short, Our Holidays have been cancelled with the COVID 19 Situation and I have my 3 Weeks off in June with nothing to do so I thought sod it...

Been on the Haybusa Owners Club sat on the fence for quite a while but very little comes up that takes my fancy.

A fellow Member posted he was reluctantly thinking of selling his Late Model Gen 2 Bike which from the pictures and after talking to him appeared to be in the Condition I strive for.

Long story short I viewed the Bike last Night (Socially Distanced) and it is a real credit to its owner, Dry use only, The right Mileage, New Michelin Road 5 Tyres, Meticulously Maintained and with all the right upgrades.

Only image I have of the Bike which I took last night when I viewed it, Its an AL7 Model 2017 Bike so pretty much One of the last Built and in the All Black Stealth Colours and because its a late Model has the Brembo Monoblock Calipers and ABS.

It also has a few Subtle Aftermarket upgrades with a very expensive 4-2-1 Arata Titanium System with Carbon Can which shaves 15KG off the overall weight of the Bike. It has been Custom Remapped to suit by John Warrington in Malton and De-Restricted with 187BHP at the Rear Wheel so over 200BHP at the Crank...Supposed to be a bit of a Missile so I have been told.

49918923906_fd932ff272_c.jpg

• Like 3

In other news with fair possibility of redundancy looming in the short to medium term and utter lack of options here, I will likely have to move. A chance option came up to sell my bike AGAIN to the same person I sold to and bought back from AGAIN! And it fits perfectly in a Berlingo with double bubble off just to get the initial clearance of door. It's now back in England again.... 🙄

IMG_20200516_093026-01.jpeg

P20200516_093108-01.jpeg

Edited by FUBAR
  • Sad 2

After being off bikes for almost 2 years due to financial issues I am back on the straight and narrow and thinking of something nice and cheap to keep me ticking over for a couple of years. Oh yeah my 3 years no claims bonus runs out in a couple of months aswell so don’t really want to lose that (believe it expires after 2 years?)

Anybody got experience with a Kawasaki Vulcan S? A bit different to my old gixxer but they are a cheap bike and seem to have decent reviews.

Edited by Chunk11

Long story short, Our Holidays have been cancelled with the COVID 19 Situation and I have my 3 Weeks off in June with nothing to do so I thought sod it...

Been on the Haybusa Owners Club sat on the fence for quite a while but very little comes up that takes my fancy.

A fellow Member posted he was reluctantly thinking of selling his Late Model Gen 2 Bike which from the pictures and after talking to him appeared to be in the Condition I strive for.

Long story short I viewed the Bike last Night (Socially Distanced) and it is a real credit to its owner, Dry use only, The right Mileage, New Michelin Road 5 Tyres, Meticulously Maintained and with all the right upgrades.

Only image I have of the Bike which I took last night when I viewed it, Its an AL7 Model 2017 Bike so pretty much One of the last Built and in the All Black Stealth Colours and because its a late Model has the Brembo Monoblock Calipers and ABS.

It also has a few Subtle Aftermarket upgrades with a very expensive 4-2-1 Arata Titanium System with Carbon Can which shaves 15KG off the overall weight of the Bike. It has been Custom Remapped to suit by John Warrington in Malton and De-Restricted with 187BHP at the Rear Wheel so over 200BHP at the Crank...Supposed to be a bit of a Missile so I have been told.

49918923906_fd932ff272_c.jpg

You collected it yet?😀

I had a ride on my uncles 62 plate Hayabusa with akrapovic exhaust and a power commander and it was a really great ride. Comfortable bike with loads of power and felt quite nimble considering it’s size.

Having read your other posts I’m sure you already have your to do list...

That's lovely - I had an 03 Mk1 and a half (restricted to 186 rather than the original that only did 186 but the speedo went further)  in black with black frame.

A surprisingly easy bike to ride and nowhere near as intimidating as you'd expect. The real let down were the 6-piston Tokico brakes which were of course replaced with the far-superior Brembo M4s on the ABS bikes

Always fancied one of the really last ones that came with a Yoshimura exhaust system but alas my body is no longer Hayabusa shaped.

19 hours ago, Chunk11 said:

You collected it yet?😀

I had a ride on my uncles 62 plate Hayabusa with akrapovic exhaust and a power commander and it was a really great ride. Comfortable bike with loads of power and felt quite nimble considering it’s size.

Having read your other posts I’m sure you already have your to do list...

I picked it up Yesterday late Afternoon, Rode it back from West Manchester to Sheffield via Woodhead Pass circa 50 Miles or thereabouts.  As you say a Nimble feeling Bike for its Size and long Wheelbase, All the Weight disappears once you start rolling, Very Comfortable, Stable at High Speed although I didn't go daft on it.

Did a few overtakes in 4th & 5th Gear just using the Lower End of the Rev Range and it is no slouch, Bags of Torque at pretty much any RPM. Its very quick even with Partial Throttle openings it just reacts and off it goes, I have not even properly felt its full wrath yet but I know its a Bike to be treat with respect.

To do list, I have a small One simply because the Bike already has some quality bits fitted...

Tuning Wise its done.

Cosmetically it already has an R&G Tail Tidy with 7x5 Plate, R&G Paddock Stand Bobbins & Beowulf Radiator & Oil Cooler Guard. I am tempted to buy a Zero Gravity Double Bubble Screen in Light Tint and I am not a big fan of the Tank Bag/Cover so will probably remove that in favour of a Genuine Suzuki Gel Tank Protector.

Its already in superb condition but I intend to do a bit of Detailing and Remove the Fairings, Mudguard and deep clean them. Also the inside of the Swingarm....I am sure I will find something that needs cleaning ;)

Mechanically not much either, It has the Best Tyres fitted in my opinion and they are nearly new. I have bought a Service Kit for it this Morning, Putoline Sport 4 Semi Synthetic 10W/40 Oil, Genuine Oil Filter and Genuine Sump Plug Washer, 4 x NGK CR9EIA-9 Spark Plugs. Suzuki state 6000 Miles or 12 Months for Oil Changes and its only done 3000 Miles since the last Service in 2019 but is due in terms of time, The Spark Plugs are every 7500 Miles which is overkill as they are Iridiums but I am doing them as its on 8700 Miles. The Air Filter has a DNA fitted which is a High Performance washable type but has done about 2500 Miles max and was fitted with the Exhaust and Remap so I will just blow it clean with the Airline.

Possibly replace the Brake Pads for some Sintered Ones but I need to look into whats available.

19 hours ago, Gyp said:

That's lovely - I had an 03 Mk1 and a half (restricted to 186 rather than the original that only did 186 but the speedo went further)  in black with black frame.

A surprisingly easy bike to ride and nowhere near as intimidating as you'd expect. The real let down were the 6-piston Tokico brakes which were of course replaced with the far-superior Brembo M4s on the ABS bikes

Always fancied one of the really last ones that came with a Yoshimura exhaust system but alas my body is no longer Hayabusa shaped.

Thanks for that, Totally agree the Gen 1 Bikes with the 6-Piston Tokico's are a bit of a let down and require a lot of maintenance to keep them working something like.

Those 2003 Stealth Bikes in all Black were very nice indeed!

Mine is a very late Bike but came fitted originally with the Stock Suzuki Silencers, Likewise I like the Yoshi Finishing Kit with the Slip-Ons.