What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

Nice choice............buying a bike is not so easy as a car as there are more variables to consider.

I did not even know Clarks BMW had become Blade.

Enjoy it.

Think it was earlier this year or back end of last that it changed. The same lot own Performance Triumph too so I'm hoping the service is as good as the write ups I've read about the Triumph section locally.

So here they are then as promised!  Been and bought some stain for it today.  They left a tin of treatment for it but it is clear and we wanted it darker.  It 'just' cuts out the view of the neighbours windows so we cannot gawp at each other.

We will have the rest of the block paving finished on Monday and we will ring up the electrician then to come and wire it up with lights and power.  I am considering whether to insulate and line it inside but will see how cold and damp it is this winter in there before I go to that sort of added expense.

attachicon.gifIMG_20151031_151302486_HDR.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20151031_151400073_HDR.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20151031_151416699.jpg

What you need is one of those greenhouse heating bars. Just enough heat to keep the damp and frost at bay.

If it was my shed, I would insulate coz it's going to get hot in there in summer

Great looking shed Chris. Bet you are looking forward to getting the bike out of the weather ?

I've emptied tons of stuff from the house into the shed today, got the ramp installed, emptied one shed. Tomorrow the bikes will move over and get the other shed emptied.

It's great having so much space and being able to ride the bike straight from the shed.

Must admit I'm thinking about insulating the shed - will see how it goes over the next few months,

Well there will be a freezer in there but it may be a fridge freezer.  Not bothered about a kettle as the house is so close.  I think once the bike is in room will be a bit tight.  It will go in at an angle and then be put on its turntable and straightened up a bit but that will leave it away from the back wall I reckon.  I will see what works best and can then sort out what else I have room for.   I will see about insulation over the coming months.

Well in about half an hour we are off out on the bike to meet up with some other RATS to then ride to the former RAF Wickenby to lay a wreath. in honour of the fallen.  They do it every year but go a week early to avoid the crowds.  So poppy fixed to jacket and off we go. I have heard there is cake to be had as well you may be surprised to hear.

Yeah used Kingspan before and it won't be a very expensive or long job so may well just bite the bullet and do it.

• Like 1

Well in about half an hour we are off out on the bike to meet up with some other RATS to then ride to the former RAF Wickenby to lay a wreath. in honour of the fallen. They do it every year but go a week early to avoid the crowds. So poppy fixed to jacket and off we go. I have heard there is cake to be had as well you may be surprised to hear.

Yeah used Kingspan before and it won't be a very expensive or long job so may well just bite the bullet and do it.

Good on you guys. Good to hear (:

Yeah kingspan is easy. Cut it to an accurate size and itll hold itself in whilst you put the ply over it (:

Good on you guys. Good to hear (:

Yeah kingspan is easy. Cut it to an accurate size and itll hold itself in whilst you put the ply over it (:

Yeah you are just trying to get me to spend money on insulation instead of cake!

Well back from the RATS wreath laying and it was a good turn out with about a dozen bikes and some (wimps) in cars.  Not really as they came with the kids as it is a bit of a tradition that the kids lay the wreath.

On the bike front there were a lot of Tigers there but a couple of Bonnies as well, one of which had a Union Jack on the tank but the coolest paint job of all was on a Thunderbird with the thunderbirds on the tank and top box and even his helmet had Lady Penelope and the Pink roller on it.  OK not my sort of thing but done very well and different.  Should have taken piccies but didn't.  I am sure someone on the facebook group will have done so if so I will 'borrow' them and post them up.

Nice to see so many turn up to honour the fallen.  Just to give an idea of how many we lost........

post-127221-0-73591000-1446385435_thumb.jpg

At Wickenby over 1000 lost their lives and someone worked out if they stood shoulder to shoulder they would cover the entire length of the run way!  Sobering thought and I am pleased to have been part of today.

post-127221-0-34312300-1446399739_thumb.jpg

post-127221-0-78628100-1446399794_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just finished replacing the damaged bits and pieces on my blade from a minor tumble at rockingham speedway!

Also fitted a couple of daytime running lights on the hand guards of Elaine's MT09 Tracer.

I'm a big fan of pilot roads - if you fancy something with equal wet weather grip but better dry grip and better turn in try Pirelli angel GT. Brilliant. I'm going to drop a set of pr4 on the bike once I've munched through the gt for a direct comparison. In all this fog and grease really impressed with the pirellis so far.

I'm a big fan of pilot roads - if you fancy something with equal wet weather grip but better dry grip and better turn in try Pirelli angel GT. Brilliant. I'm going to drop a set of pr4 on the bike once I've munched through the gt for a direct comparison. In all this fog and grease really impressed with the pirellis so far.

Just might be trying these next mate. Ive heard alot of good things..

I would. In the dry they feel a much sportier tyre and I cannot fault them in the damp and cold conditions we've been having recently.

On a seperate note got a test ride on an s1000xr this Friday - woop woop !!

• Like 1

I would. In the dry they feel a much sportier tyre and I cannot fault them in the damp and cold conditions we've been having recently.

On a seperate note got a test ride on an s1000xr this Friday - woop woop !!

Ooh could be an expensive test ride ;).

But please do bear in mind about vibrations beforw you get seriously interested.

I saw one in holland with pipe insulation taped around the grips and around the footpegs. He cant have been happy with it.. After spending £15k on a bike n having to do that lol. Ive got a picture but it wont let me post it lol.

Getting nearer to the drive being finished and the bike in it's new house.  Should be done today with a bit of luck.  Will have to sort out a ramp today as well instead of wasting my time on here!

Spent most of yesterday titivating the shed.  Things like sanding down the rough edges they had left, planing the top of the door down so it would open and close properly and moving the hasp so it actually fitted.  I thought about ringing them and saying get here and sort it but then just know they would say it fitted in the workshop and your site isn't level.  It does have a run off on it for obvious reasons but nonetheless you would have expected them to check all was OK before they left.  I wasn't here as I was out drinking with a mate so in the end I just sorted it all myself.

Ooh could be an expensive test ride ;).

But please do bear in mind about vibrations beforw you get seriously interested.

I saw one in holland with pipe insulation taped around the grips and around the footpegs. He cant have been happy with it.. After spending £15k on a bike n having to do that lol. Ive got a picture but it wont let me post it lol.

Yeah, going for a good long ride to see what's what. It'll need to be something special to warrant changing the k13 though.

Bugs me when you pay good money and end up finishing it off yourself. Half a job. I'm with you its just far easier to resolve it yourself.

My building supplier insisted the base had to be level within +/-5mm diagonally side to side and front to back and they thoroughly checked it before unloading. I knew it was level as I checked and double checked but was still a bit nervous.

Yeah, going for a good long ride to see what's what. It'll need to be something special to warrant changing the k13 though.

I can imagine itll be around 70-90mph that it does it. Prob at a certain engine revs isnt it (:

Yeah i know what youre sayin. Let me know if you get rid of the k13 mate. Might be interested ;). I need to get saving up for a bike aha.

Yeah exactly my thoughts, that's why I am off for a couple of hours ride to see what's what !

Deffo, I seriously love the k13, it does everything well and the shaft drive and on the fly suspension adjustment is the icing on the cake but I've got that itch to change !!!

Yeah exactly my thoughts, that's why I am off for a couple of hours ride to see what's what !

Deffo, I seriously love the k13, it does everything well and the shaft drive and on the fly suspension adjustment is the icing on the cake but I've got that itch to change !!!

Sounda fun. Be interesting to hear your thoughts (:

Yeah i know what you mean. Theres nothing wrong with my VFR n it does everything perfectly.. But ive got an itch i fancy scratching too haha

Edited by fabiamk2SE

What do you think of them Gyp?

Simply the most confidence inspiring tyre I've ridden on.

I have to admit that I generally corner like someone that doesn't like cornering, but with the Pilot Road 4s on the R I'm back to scraping my toes on roundabouts again.