What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

Yes! I like those!

Not a very big bike to have the 1200 boxer twin engine in is it!

Ive looked at em before n thought.. I bet thats a good bike to ride

It's fairly heavy, and its only 125bhp, but it's low and nicely torquey. The active suspension, brilliant brakes, up & down quick shifter with blipper and traction control make it great fun.

It's fairly heavy, and its only 125bhp, but it's low and nicely torquey. The active suspension, brilliant brakes, up & down quick shifter with blipper and traction control make it great fun.

Ooh 125bhp. So the latest water cooled boxer then?

Dads got the last of the air cooled boxers, the twin cam, in his GSA. Loves it.

Glad theyve sorted the box in the water cooled. He test rode one of the first ones and loved it, but hated the box. He put it into 1st at a set of traffic lights and a Jag next to him did an emergency stop the clunk was so loud.

But i hear the quickshifter has made it miles better?

I remember when 125hp was only found in large capacity sports bikes... how times have changed.

The box in the LC GS still clunks into 1st-at least the demo 1 I rode did but it didn't put me off ordering one. I look at it as a wake up call to the dozer in the tin box next to you at the lights. If they hadn't noticed you filtering alongside them they certainly do when you stick it into gear when the lights change!

I remember when 125hp was only found in large capacity sports bikes... how times have changed.

The box in the LC GS still clunks into 1st-at least the demo 1 I rode did but it didn't put me off ordering one. I look at it as a wake up call to the dozer in the tin box next to you at the lights. If they hadn't noticed you filtering alongside them they certainly do when you stick it into gear when the lights change!

Thats one way of looking at it :D (:

It put my dad off tbh. He bought his spanking GSA top spec in 2012 (knowing its one of the last. On purpose) . Its not as fast as the LC, but its smooth and so is the box.

He rode that, gave it back, told em he'll have one tomorrow, but not with that gearbox.

He did say the LC is noticably faster at taking off on the motorway. The engine itself is brill he reckoned.

Ooh 125bhp. So the latest water cooled boxer then?

Dads got the last of the air cooled boxers, the twin cam, in his GSA. Loves it.

Glad theyve sorted the box in the water cooled.

But i hear the quickshifter has made it miles better?

Yes, the LC.

Box is still very clunky, but BMW boxes seem happy that way. In my experience they start clunky, stay clunky but don't break.

The shifter is great when you get the hang if it (dreadful when you don't) and I love the burble and pop on the down shift

Edited by Gyp
  • Like 1

Yes a nice day so a mini run out with 3 other RATS to a place where they sell cake!  Had a bacon butty as well because I like a balanced diet.  Then all back to my place to show off the new man cave and more tea.  50+ miles on cleanish dry roads in the sunshine just what I needed.  Cobwebs well and truly gone now.

Thought you had given up on the bike stuff Matt now you are Pandering to your needs!

• Like 2

On 11/12/2015 at 14:36, Chriswright03 said:

Thought you had given up on the bike stuff Matt now you are Pandering to your needs!

Hahaha funny lol. I've not been on the bike much, mainly because I'm terrified (ok, maybe just nervous) of sliding off on the huge amount of damp leaves on the road, especially the road I live on, the naff weather and lack of time hasnt helped either tbh. 

Also, I know it's nice to go for a solo ride but I enjoy a bit of company, even more so when the weather isnt fantastic, at the moment my brothers bike is a mess, my dad is always busy and my mate is well under the thumb at the moment. It's nice to have someone to chat to and share a drink/cake at the half way point. 

I did take the bike out this morning though, tyres were well out, one was 8 psi down, I really need a little compressor in the garage. Bike felt good though, it's still nice and mild, warmed it up then gave it a little stick, nearly ripped my arms out their sockets :D I'm going to try and give it a deep clean before it gets freezing I think too. 

Edited by matt1chelski

Yes must admit I only went out because there was  a few of us.  I don't often go out on my own and if I do it is always to visit someone.  More often than not my wife comes out with me but I won't just ride round for a bimble on my own. 

Decided to make the best of the day before the pussies in London talked the storm into an Armeggedon, did home to Garve-Achnesheen-LC-the Pass-Applecross-Poolewe-Dundonnel-home, 184 miles. A bit breezy, tricky in places on the top but marvelousy clear roads, no tourists/caravans/bloody motorhomes, the RR was on song today.

Mike

Decided to make the best of the day before the pussies in London talked the storm into an Armeggedon, did home to Garve-Achnesheen-LC-the Pass-Applecross-Poolewe-Dundonnel-home, 184 miles. A bit breezy, tricky in places on the top but marvelousy clear roads, no tourists/caravans/bloody motorhomes, the RR was on song today.

Mike

Ooh another lad on here had a KTM 690 supermoto.

Hes still got it actually.

But hes been banned from the forum quite permanantly haha.

Ooh another lad on here had a KTM 690 supermoto.

Hes still got it actually.

But hes been banned from the forum quite permanantly haha.

Yeah, well some of us KTM users are quite individualistic in our outlook and expression on life and thereby can get tangled with Nazi Panzers, verydulos, etc. I am a pure Rally Raid/overlander who enjoys pushing the envelope.........

Dakar soon, but I fear and not before time, KTM will loose it's crown, but I feel it really ought to go to some one else now.

Mike

Yeah, well some of us KTM users are quite individualistic in our outlook and expression on life and thereby can get tangled with Nazi Panzers, verydulos, etc. I am a pure Rally Raid/overlander who enjoys pushing the envelope.........

Dakar soon, but I fear and not before time, KTM will loose it's crown, but I feel it really ought to go to some one else now.

Mike

Are you sure you arent him? Thats something he would say! Hahaa

Nah no chance I'm myself, never been on a SM, but I do admire the way they handle on tarmac compared to my bike, sand and piste are more my forte.

Storm's coming in now so I'm off to break open a bottle malt and enjoy the weather, slainte.

Mike

Ah what? I wondered where he'd gone

Bo60bys?

Yeah got banned. Its a long story, but he wasnt happy with the way it was run and when he spoke up mods didnt like his approach. So they made it so all his posts had to be approved by them.

So he then FB messaged colin. Which got him banned properly. Haha.

Nah no chance I'm myself, never been on a SM, but I do admire the way they handle on tarmac compared to my bike, sand and piste are more my forte.

Storm's coming in now so I'm off to break open a bottle malt and enjoy the weather, slainte.

Mike

I havent ridden one myself tbh. Sounds much fun though! (:

Yeah its getting rough out there isnt it. Dont fancy being on a bike atm haha