What creeped you out at work today?

Hyphons

Didn't creep me out but frustrated me. I work in a secondary school and this email came in from a local resident.

The noise during break times also makes us close all windows and doors, would you consider teaching your students to have consideration for their neighbours...

I'm sorry but it's a school and it was here way before you, and you chose to live near it!

Didn't creep me out but frustrated me. I work in a secondary school and this email came in from a local resident.

I'm sorry but it's a school and it was here way before you, and you chose to live near it!

Of course children should play outside, just not anywhere near me.

Had that recently with a Planning Application for a school - residents getting shirty because the school wanted to reconfigure the car park to make it easier to drop special needs kids at school and to avoid blocking the road.  The school were trying to do the residents a favour by reducing impacts and parking issues but the residents got all shirty and started objecting and complaining about the noise of kids playing - even though the school was trying to make things better and the school was there well before the estate was built around it.

Needless to say we did our damndest to make sure the justification was there to make sure the application got through and the Planning Committee did in-fact approve it!

• Like 1

We get this too... noise of trains and perway maintenance... you bought / built beside a railway line.. what the F *** do you expect???.

Having started the early shift at 05:15 this morning (after an hours commute) and finding out that as of next week the early shift will be 05:00  :yawn:

The plaement student on my team has been off the past couple of days, so last night we set about preparing to sabotage his desk (tape over the mouse, keyboard unplugged etc)...I opened his top desk drawer to fill it with polystyrene packing peanuts, reached in to move what I thought was a scarf...

...It was a pair of his pants.

Obviously there to deter people from filling the drawers with polystyrene packing peanuts. The boy's got brains!

• Like 1

We get this too... noise of trains and perway maintenance... you bought / built beside a railway line.. what the F *** do you expect???.

Compensation! They didn't buy this house just because it was cheap because it was next to the trainline.

Oh wait, yes they did.

• Like 1

Obviously there to deter people from filling the drawers with polystyrene packing peanuts. The boy's got brains!

If you met him for longer than 10 seconds, you'd definitely retract that statement. ;-)

• Like 1

My colleague deciding to pass out at his desk... queue recovery position and doctor gettin called.

hes grand, but AnE doc wants him to stay over night for observation. He aint happy about that bit!

Apparently i was cool as a breeze sorting him out and telling people what to do. Gave the ladies in the office a right shock.. hes one of the fittest (athletically speaking) members of staff in the building..

Looked outside to check the bin hadn't been spread across the car park like it was this morning.. to see this..

d1f7a17dd08a689f8d2edab993828cb7.jpg

Yes, that is tinsel tied to my grill, I think I know who did it but if they didn't, then well, I don't know what to think

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We did a scan through on our web-monitoring system.....

.....one of the teachers has been searching through Grindr.

In very similar circumstances I have also found out eye opening things about workers.

Married men on gay dating sites was one of the less disturbing ones. Women buying 'toys' and kinky underwear another.

Had to inform a senior manger her son had been looking at shemale and granny pr0n on her laptop. then ******* her for letting him use it.

On one hand she was relieved I wasn't accusing her of it, on the other...

Edited by Aspman

The discovery that our grumpy old drawing checking clerk does burlesque dancing as a hobby.

Although I'm obviously quite glad I found this out via conversation at work as opposed to by attending a burlesque night and seeing it first hand... :envy:

• 3 months later...

Picking up an old thread...

i was in my way to site yesterday and had stop for a piddle so pulled into a services that has nice clean jacks (mind you the coffee is frigging terrible)

So im standing at the urinal listening to the radio when i realised i could hear more than just the crappy tinny service station speakers..

there was a guy (i presume) in the cubicle watching videos on his phone/tab while havin a dump... somethin just felt strange about it

• Like 1