Rear ARB for 4x4...GB feeler

i will probably just get my tyre well modified and fit a standard R32 rear ARB.

Sod that Bengie!

I'm gunna hang on for the real thing, if it don't happen I'm squids in and still have a water-tight boot.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not yet but i did have a look the other day whilst doing something else and the ARB only clashes with the tyre well by a mximum of 5mm so its not like you have to remove the whole thing just adjust it slightly :D

it will happen on but just not yet, got more important things to do first :)

not yet but i did have a look the other day whilst doing something else and the ARB only clashes with the tyre well by a mximum of 5mm so its not like you have to remove the whole thing just adjust it slightly :D

Plus a bit to allow for movement.

I had a R32 one at one time that I didnt fit & Im sure the Jabba one is "more substantial"

There are 2 bars available for the R32, make sure you get the thicker one, Im guessing the thinner one will be "not that good".

All I can say is the Jabba one works fantastically

Plus a bit to allow for movement.

I had a R32 one at one time that I didnt fit & Im sure the Jabba one is "more substantial"

There are 2 bars available for the R32' date=' make sure you get the thicker one, Im guessing the thinner one will be "not that good".

All I can say is the Jabba one works fantastically[/quote']

I've ordered the 19mm (same size as the basic Neuspeed one) R32 bar which is UK spec, the thinner 16mm bar is US spec.

I'd have had one of the Jabba bars but other than yours and the one other produced it doesn't seem they will ever materialise. :(

I've ordered the 19mm (same size as the basic Neuspeed one) R32 bar which is UK spec' date=' the thinner 16mm bar is US spec.

I'd have had one of the Jabba bars but other than yours and the one other produced it doesn't seem they will ever materialise. :([/quote']

Unfortunately Jabba can't get the normal manufacturer to sort this out due to other committements.

I keep asking Jabba and they keep asking the manufacturer but they get no satisfactory reply.

Sorry!:(

Unfortunately Jabba can't get the normal manufacturer to sort this out due to other committements.

I keep asking Jabba and they keep asking the manufacturer but they get no satisfactory reply.

Nothing for you to be sorry for Adrian, you've gone above and beyond on a GB for a product which is of no interest to you. Thanks for your efforts, they are appreciated. :)

So Mines unique, will be worth a small fortune second hand :) :) :) , If I ever total the car I will post it here first

i called in at the VW dealer the other day to ask about ARB's and his system showed about 6 different ones with none of them mentioning R32 but instead mentioning 4motion.

don't suppose you could post the part numbers of the parts rquired so i can get the right bits :)

the parts man told me i'd need all the drop links/bushes/bolts/brackets everything and quoted me about £300 for front and rear, sounded a bit excessive to me.

i called in at the VW dealer the other day to ask about ARB's and his system showed about 6 different ones with none of them mentioning R32 but instead mentioning 4motion.

don't suppose you could post the part numbers of the parts rquired so i can get the right bits :)

the parts man told me i'd need all the drop links/bushes/bolts/brackets everything and quoted me about £300 for front and rear' date=' sounded a bit excessive to me.[/quote']

I got the front a couple of years ago and it was about £50.

JBS have ordered the rear for me. The only essential parts are the bar and bushes however my drop links have seen better days so I'm replacing those as well. Total parts cost is around £120. Equivalent Neuspeed ARB is £205 and doesn't include the drop links.

I'll try and get hold of the part No's for you.

Bengie part no's for rear ARB are as follows:

ARB: 1J0511409K

Bushes: 4B0511327

Bush brackets: 8A0511439

Drop links: 1J0505466B

Mine's on and fits and the spare wheel is bolted into the wheel well without problem. However on a 4x4 any lower than mine (lowered on 40mm H&R springs) you will have a problem due to the ARB having a loop which goes up (hard to explain, sorry). I'm not saying it can't be done but more serious modification to the wheel well will be required.

Just a quick post to add that there is a noticable improvment with the ARB fitted. I tried it out on a few roundabouts this morning and it feels good.

Are we talking rear ,,, here?

If so, what's the change in the spare wheel department?

Are we talking rear ' date=',, here?

If so, what's the change in the spare wheel department?[/quote']

Yep, the rear, I've had the front for ages.

Change to spare wheel well is minimal and the wheel still fits in place.

• 1 year later...